“Wonderful Staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I were very impressed with the amazing, friendly staff at this hotel. The only complaint we have at all is that the pool and jacuzzi looked so dirty that we wouldn't go in them. The water looked clean enough, but the bottom was yellowish. The suites are very nice, and I love that they had paper plates and plasticware already in the microwave. There were plenty of outlets in the room, so we could both be on our laptops. Overall, a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hello KLDM419,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am pleased we were able to meet your needs. I am also happy to let you know that we will be giving our spa and pool a good acid bath in the near future. Unfortunately the water quality here is such that we have to do this periodically to get rid of those stains. The water is clean and safe but the bottom staining gives the impression that it is dirty. Thanks again for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Brad Leonard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Luxury? No. But a nice, big comfy room. Complimentary breakfast. New, clean, well maintained, staff was very good. Very surprised -pleasantly. Would stay there again. Right across from the Medical Center.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi jrsimone,

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again sometime soon.

USA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The good things. The rooms are new or remodeled and clean. Breakfast is okay. Brad, the manager, is excellent. It is close to medical services.

But:

Some of the other employees seem to need training in being more friendly and knowing what services the hotel offers.

The shuttle runs only once an hour and when you come out of a hospital you well might have to wait an hour for it -- even thought the hotel is very close. I waited an hour after surgery.

Also -- the earliest shuttle is at 7:30 AM and if your surgery is earlier it is no help.

IMO, if you advertise a shuttle service, you should do a better job of it., I give the place four stars only because of Brad and a couple of the other employees.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello devindevin b,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. Your feedback is a valuable tool for us particularly when it come to training and improving our service. I will pass your comments on to the team and make sure we address any training issues. Regarding our shuttle service, just this week we modified our shuttle service to include a 3 mile radius around the hotel. Previously we had it set to a 5 mile radius. We found that the demands of the shuttle to the outlying areas was simply setting us up to fail with timely service. There are still plenty of restaurants within the 3 miles so we feel that we can deliver better "on time" service with our shuttle service by limiting the radius to 3 miles. It is true we start the shuttle at 730am but it does run once per hour on the bottom of the hour until 930pm. Our team is always happy to summon a taxi for transportation needs outside of our shuttle window. Please don't hesitate to ask for assistance. Thanks again for your comments and thank you for your business. We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have been staying at this hotel every week since November 2013. I have stayed in different rooms and have dealt with the entire staff.

Location: As others have commented, the hotel is conveniently located across from the Children's Hospital - Colorado. The hotel is about 15 - 30 minute drive from the airport depending upon the time of day you arrive.

Rooms: The rooms are clean & well maintained. Some rooms have a standing shower and others a bath tub. The toilet is in a separate room and has a small sink. All rooms have a sofa, a desk and desk chair, and two coffee tables.

Although I hear others comment about the noise at the side of the road, I’ve not experienced this - or - I’ve been fortunate enough not to notice it. I’ve always taken a room on the 4th floor (topmost floor) - so I cannot comment on noise from guest movement in rooms above me. I’ve definitely not been disturbed by the neighbors.

Equipment: All rooms have a microwave and a refrigerator. In the microwave are 2 plates and 2 sets of plastic ware which have been very handy. I’ve never experienced problems with any room equipment except for an iron - for which a replacement was sent immediately.

Hotel Guests: A lot of the guests are either patients guests or consultants of the hospital - I’ve had a pleasant experience with the guests - being able to share in their joys and sorrowful experiences in the elevator or the lobby.

4th Floor: The 4the floor (the “Executive Floor”) has a few extras. There is a complementary snack bar and sitting area by the elevator along with the Wall Street Journal. This is a nice touch - available to the "chosen few”. I love this for its meeting space and relative privacy. Getting to the 4th floor requires you to swipe your room key in the elevator - this is a challenge if you are used to locating your key when you get to your room or if you have your hands full.

Breakfast: A continental breakfast is complementary The variety is good. I did notice that the buffet - style of breakfast, when not monitored, results in the spoons/tongs for fruit ending up with the eggs and ham. Being allergic to eggs - I expressed this as a concern to the manager who has promised to deal with the issue. I expect that a polite note posted on the dining wall will solve this problem.

Gym: The gym has 2 treadmills, an elliptical, and 2 cycles. There is an indoor swimming pool too. The ideal time to get a guaranteed spot at the treadmill in the morning is before 6:30 am or after 9:00 am.

The staff members are very friendly. Brad - the manager is one of the best I have interacted with after being a regular at several hotels all over the US.

I will continue to stay here for a while - not just because of the proximity and rate. Overall this is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Herman P
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hi Herman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed account of your experiences here. I really do appreciate the business you bring to our hotel and look forward to your future business. I will also come up with a solution to the breakfast set-up and the consideration of those with allergies. You make a great point that I hadn't paid much attention to until you brought it up. Again, thank you for your loyalty and your business.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel is across the street from the medical center so it is very convenient for hospital visitors. The location is on a very busy street that has traffic all night long so make sure if traffic noise bothers you to request a room on the parking lot side. You really can’t hear your neighbors but as noted before you can hear when anybody shuts there door as it always “bangs” even you when you try to be quiet. The rooms were huge with a separate living room area with a comfy couch, fridge and microwave. The TV is on a swivel so you can’t really watch in the living room and bedroom area at the same time. The shower was large but there were no towel hooks so the floor gets very wet reaching for the towels. It wasn’t a problem for us, but I could see that as a problem for others. The doors for the toilet and shower are sliders which are easy to open and close. The breakfast was great with many options both hot and cold. There was scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fresh fruit including more than the typical apple or banana and occasionally biscuits and gravy. Oddly there was no white bread. But they had Nutella which is a huge plus. Pool and hot tub are small but nice. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the parking lot side if road noise bothers you
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello kesibmik,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again sometime soon.

Southeast, US
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had the unfortunate experience of needing this hotel for a day last month while my son was hospitalized across the street. The hotel itself is beautiful and quiet and a very convenient relaxing place if you do need it. The hospital is right across the walkway and you don't even need to use your car. There is also a Panera right next door. Not knowing how long my child would be staying, I didn't know what kind of reservations I needed at first. As soon as I realized his stay was going to be lengthy, I ran down to Ronald McD to see if they had any rooms because the cost of staying in a hotel for a month (plus!), even at hospital rates is out of my budget, but Ronald McD was full. So I went ahead and made a reservation for another night at this nice hotel. At about 6 at night Ronald McD called and informed us that they'd had a room open up but we needed to take it then (and someone has to stay in it) or it would go to the next person waiting. I figure we would be forfeiting the money we just paid for the hotel for the night since check out was hours earlier and the room had long since been cleaned and we had been in it relaxing. I went and checked out. When I got to Ronald McDonald House I looked down at the receipt and realized the very kind person at the front desk had taken the room charge for that night off of our bill, saving us much needed money. I am so appreciative for this and I would definitely come back to this hotel if ever we were back in Aurora and had a shorter stay. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who needs a nice place to relax nearby to the hospital.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi cornflkgrl,

Thank you for sharing your story about your stay with us. I am happy you were able to get into the RM House when you did. The SpringHill Suites wishes you and your family the best for a speedy recovery.

Helena, Alabama
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights while on business because it was a short walk to the University Hospital. The stay was very enjoyable. Staff were friendly and really made you feel like family. The rooms were nice and very comfortable. I really enjoyed the room layout, bedroom and living room space separated. The morning breakfast was OK but good enough to get you started for the day. There is a shuttle that takes you to the mall and to other eateries. The drivers were friendly, professional, and personal. I would recommend this location to anyone who needs to be near the medical center district in Aurora.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hi Cynthia H,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Brad Leonard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Best Western Plus Gateway Inn & Suites
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park

Been to SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus? Share your experiences!