“Absolute A+, clean, comfortable and new.”

SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The outside of this hotel does not do the inside justice. It looks a little plain jane from the outside, but upon entering, we had smiles from the common areas to the room. The rooms were spotless, very impressed. Nice work out area, nice pool area. Good variety of breakfast items. If a newer, very clean hotel is important to you - this is your place. I have seen reviews that stated it was "too quiet and not friendly to families." We went on a baseball trip, and their was several Lacrosse teams staying there. The staff was happy to greet all of us. Great stay!!

Room Tip: King bed rooms have an Xlg couch/sofa that is L shaped with a pull out full size bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hello Andrea,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment on your stay. I am pleased to hear you felt welcomed by our team. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

While I travel a lot this is the first time I've stayed in a Marriott Spring Hill Suites property. I was very pleased and surprised with the experience overall. Similar in concept to the Hyatt Place the rooms have a great desk work area combined with a sitting area adjacent to the bedroom. The bath is split into two separate areas - one for the toilet and the other with a shower - both with sinks. Add to this a microwave and mini-fridge and you have a perfect layout for a couple. My wife raved about the layout and the color scheme - very pleasing overall. There's no full service restaurant or bar but there is complementary breakfast in the morning. The gym and pool while small were well maintained and served their purpose. There are no real "fine dining" options nearby but a Panera Bread is in walking distance. I was there for a one day business meeting and this place was perfect. Would definitely stay again when I need to spend time at Anschutz/University of Colorado.

Room Tip: Colfax can be noisy. Our room faced the street so road noise intruded during commute hours. No way...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello gosaka,

Thank you for commenting on our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night while attending a conference at the University of Colorado Hospital. Can't beat the location (right across the street) if you need to stay near the hospital. My room was comfortable with unique/cool decor. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of my room. King size bed, sleeper sofa, full desk/work station area, nice bathroom. The hotel was very quiet & the staff were friendly. Would recommend!

Stayed: June 2014
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hello Adventurer314,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I spent almost two weeks at the Springhill Suites, while visiting Denver to look at new homes. I couldn't have been more pleased! The location was perfect for me - easy to get around Denver and explore the various neighborhoods. The staff was FANTASTIC! I've always traveled extensively, for business & pleasure, and never seen such a consistently pleasant, accommodating and overall happy group of people. They obviously care a great deal about the hotel, its guests and each other. Great synergy. The hotel is only 3 years old, but shows no wear and tear.....it still looks like new! That's a big feat for such a busy property - they were sold out almost daily and I sense that happens all year long.

Springhill has a nice, comfortable layout, for short or longer visits. It's one of my favorite Marriott properties.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are quieter if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello A J,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. I will pass your compliments on to the team. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here before I had surgery at the U of Colorado Hospital, then he stayed on while I was in the hospital. They offer hospital discounts, free breakfasts, all the rooms are suites, which is nice for long stays. Also, they have a small bar in case it is needed. They also have a little store to buy food items for the room.. such as microwavable things. It's across the street from the Anschutz Medical Campus, and they are starting to build things around it now, that you can walk to such as more restaurants, Panera's, Chiptole's etc. and other different types of facilities. It was very clean, and the people very accommodating. Also, there is a free shuttle to and from the hospital. It also has a small workout room and pool.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Susan S,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was a good hotel. No worries. Stayed here for 3 nights. There are a few dining options closeby. There is a Panera bread diner which is a 2 min walk and a gas station which is around a 5 minute walk to buy things like water. The check in process is fine. One star docked because during the checkin process one person was downright nasty. The lady should have no business in the hospitality industry. Breakfast too is only so-so. Some items tasted stale (croissants). The guy in the front desk and the lady when we checked out were all perfectly nice. Also I must mention the shuttle driver (Ali (sp?)). He was always smiling and very polite. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello Seattle Traveller,

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us. We appreciate the nice rating however I am distressed that you perceived one of our associates as "nasty." It sounds like we have some training to do. If you have a moment I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your experience. I can be reached at 720-859-1100. I know you are likely very busy but it would help me to coach and train our staff. Thanks again and have a nice day.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently stayed at this property while my dad was having some medical tests done at the Anschutz Medical Complex. It was super easy to get to from I-70. However, the address reads Colfax, but you have to turn off of Colfax to get to it, which was a little confusing. Thanks to Trip Advisor, I'd read to request a "parking lot side" room, because of the noise from Colfax. The hotel accommodated us on that. I was super pleased with the front desk staff -- they assisted us with directions, getting extra blankets, and giving us brochures for pizza delivery. They were super friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice and had plenty of space. I slept on the hide-a-bed and it was fairly comfortable. The shower and vanity is in a separate room from the toilet, which was nice for getting ready. However, the door had an opaque front on it and light shined through when someone was in the shower room, which made it bright for the rest of us trying to sleep. The mirror is also kind of strange with a circular mirror on the regular mirror, plus weird lighting -- made it difficult to get ready! The room door has a fairly large gap underneath it & light really shines in from the hallway. I had to prop pillows up on the hide-a-bed so the light didn't bug me. Breakfast was decent, but not enough food -- there was one lady working and lots of guests eating, so she was having trouble keeping up with the demand. We didn't get nearly enough to eat and several guests went to the nearby Caribou Coffee for breakfast. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for parking lot side to avoid the noise from Colfax
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

rbwildcat,

Thank you commenting on your stay with us. I agree that sometimes breakfast does get a little crazy. I will work with our team to make sure we improve our staffing levels during those morning rush times. I appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again sometime soon.