“Perfect location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Aurora/Parker
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We were in Aurora for a funeral/family gathering. This property was so conveniently located, right off the toll road that goes directly to the airport. There are many options for eating nearby and shopping as well.

At arrival we were checked in easily. The room was nicely appointed and clean. We had a problem regulating the heat so finally opened the window a crack to cool it off. When I asked about it the problem was taken care of to our satisfaction.

The shining star of this hotel is Kate, the breakfast hostess. A delighful, gracious woman doing her job with a smile, no matter what. On the first morning there I observed a the massive family with 13 kids (They made sure everyone in the area knew they had 13 kids) as they made a total disaster of the 3 large table they used. The tables, the floors, the chairs...all a mess. when they left I watched Kate go out and clean it all up, with a smile on her face, never complaining. AND....ey had not even left a tip for her.

Kate deserves recognition. the rest of the stay was about average for a Fairfield property

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel could easily be a five. New, clean, comfortable beds, and good house keeping. The biggest problem we found during our four-night stay was the slow response to known problems. After a long day of flying, we were looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub......nope, broken and not repaired until third day (unknown as to how long it had been out of service). None of the digital TV channels worked.....informed at check in, and blame was placed on Direct TV. This was not repaired until the fourth day. Other guests (who had been at the hotel prior to our arrival) were complaining that there had been no hot water for three days (I think that I would have found another hotel after the first day). We were very happy with housekeeping until the last day. As another reviewer posted, we were in the process of preparing for an 11:00 checkout, when the maid knocked on the door and opened it a split second later without waiting for a response. I have mixed feelings about staying at this hotel again.....would probably give it one more chance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DaChief
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I had a two night stay at this Fairfield on 10/19-21. We had stayed here in February and were again pleased with our accommodations. We had a king room that was provided us with plenty of space, and the room was clean and well maintained. We both made use of the workout room, which was not very big, but it did have a couple of treadmills, an elliptical machine, an adjustable bench and an assortment of free weights/dumbbells. For us, it was all we needed. They also have an indoor pool and hot tub, but we did not make use of them on this trip.

I took advantage of the morning breakfast where I found the selection of cereal, pastries, bread, etc. to be what you would expect, but it was good. The do- it-yourself waffle station actually had better tasting waffles than any other hotel where I’ve done them myself.

Also, on Monday morning I went down stairs early to get in some work via my laptop. During my working and enjoying my breakfast, I observed the lady running the breakfast area, Kate. She genuinely seemed to enjoy what she was doing, and she later was very helpful to me when I needed to take some blueberry muffins up to our room after the breakfast time had ended and she had already cleared away most of the food.

The hotel is located about 10+ miles from the Denver airport, but it is an easy drive down a toll road from the airport. Once at the hotel, there are plenty of stores, shops, and food nearby that would make most people happy. If you like BBQ, I’d recommend Jim ‘N Nicks, located across the parking lot…good stuff.

Based on Kate’s friendliness and the friendliness of the staff at the front desk that we encountered, we plan on staying here again the next time we go to Aurora to visit family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kdpope461
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We just checked in after a very long day of travel. It is approximately 10:30 pm on Tuesday. At check-in the young man at the front desk informs us there is no hot water due to one of their boilers being out. I asked what they were doing about this and he said he wasn't sure but the boiler had been out for 2 days. Given that we are out of towers and not familiar with this area, we don't have much choice. And to top it off, we are on a free night certificate but the young man didn't know what we could do about that. Our choice is to take our extremely tired young son out looking for another hotel, or deal with no hot water. Neither of these is a good solution.

This is extremely poor service. Given that the boiler was out now for two days, management should have called all guests prior to arrival to let them know of these circumstances. The hotel owners and management should have made other arrangements for all guests and there should have been a manager on duty all night to speak with customers directly. Very poor service, very disappointing management.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank nebrtraveler
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were actually walk in reservations. Which I think is the first time we've ever done that.

Long story short the other hotel we were booked at was somewhat reminiscent of a mix between my college dorm room and jail cell. I have no comment on how I know that.

But the team at Fairfield knocked it out of the park. They were pleasant and courteous at all hours and all shifts. The room was spacious and at the price they gave us we had zero complaints. If we ever found ourselves in need of a place to stay again in the area, this Fairfield would be our first stop.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brcomic
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Fairfield Southlands is relatively new, so they get some consideration for that. We stayed here because it was closest to people we were visiting and the price was fair. I purchased a promotional offer that included breakfast across the street at the Village Inn, as breakfast was not currently offered at the hotel. However, upon arrival, there was a big sign about "our NEW complimentary breakfast buffet." Village Inn was fine, so I'm really not complaining, but it did end up as a bump up in price. Having said that, our 2 night stay was fine, but on the morning of checking out the entire building lost its TV and internet connection, as well as a plumbing issue that cut off all water. I tried to make an additional reservation for the following weekend, but with the internet service out, they said there was nothing they could do about it. I do believe they stil had telephone, although I am not sure. If so, couldn't the desk clerk have made a phone call with regard to a reservation? Just asking. I probably would stay here again if my travel brought me back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rovingcarole
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Rooms were modern and clean, great location with lots of restaurants and shopping, and breakfast was excellent. Lots of variety of breakfast foods, both hot and cold. Eating area was exceptionally large and accommodated our family and wedding party quite well. Desk staff was average. One young man gave stellar service; the rest didn't acknowledge our presence at all. Nor did they try to ask several EXTREMELY noisy groups to quiet down even though it was long past midnight. One guest party was so wild and drunk they had to leave in an ambulance. Yet the desk clerk didn't even seem to notice or think it out of the ordinary. Two elevators accessing the four floors were more than adequate for the number of guests, and pool was nice. Convenient location right off of major highway. Would stay here again, but would be more assertive in asking the desk staff to manage noisy situations more effectively.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet sleep, try the upper floors away from meeting and elevator areas.