“Great staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Aurora/Parker
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for just one night. Hotel staff were amazing. Even when we checked in at midnight they had a smile on their face

Free breakfast in the morning was a nice peek as well!

There was a pool we just didn't have time to use it.

Rooms were a decent size and decent furniture. It did smell a bit musty though!

Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had an exceptional experience at this hotel.

I made the reservation from my phone when I should have been sleeping. When we arrived, we found the room reserved for us was a double queen instead of the king with separate bedroom we were expecting. We trudged back to the lobby and explained our predicament. The manager himself took over, changed our reservation to the king room with no change of price (!), and later had an employee bring a $25 Visa gift card to our door. Since the reservation mistake was more than likely mine, we felt overwhelmed both by the service and the value we received.

O and the beds. Cushy, but not too cushy, with the best feather pillows.

There was one light bulb burned out in our room, a bit of the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling, and we did wish for a bathroom fan. Otherwise, we found our room to be big, well appointed, and beautifully clean. This hotel is located at Southlands, a new (and blissfully quiet) shopping area on the edge of Denver.

In my opinion, and I did a lot of research before choosing this hotel, we received the best value for this type of room to be found in the Denver area. And that was before our upgrade. To say the hotel and staff exceeded our expectations seems an understatement.

Room Tip: Try the top floor for no ceiling noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 63roses
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Hotel was clean, neat and in a nice location, breakfast was nice. The problem was the customer serviced and management. After checking out I discovered that I had left my computer power cord at the hotel, no problem I was still in town and could drop by and pick it up. I called the hotel, same day as I checked out, around 3:30. The person who answered couldn't find a record of me and put me on hold for over 10 minutes to find my reservation- crazy thing is that when he came back on line he didn't know my name?? I gave him my name again, and my room #- yet again no record of my staying at this hotel, after giving my room number and spelling my name several times I gave up and finally said I would come by, he quickly told me that they probably couldn't help me because the cleaning crew may leave. I asked if he could ask them if they have my power cord- he couldn't because he had no record of my stay??? So, 10 minutes later I was standing in front of this person (I confirmed he was the one I talked with on the phone) and he now can find my reservation and sees I have stayed at their hotel.. but can't help. I asked for the manager and talked with him, he too says he can't help- he has no access to lost and found???? I confirmed that he was the manager, I was in disbelief that he was powerless to help, I got nowhere with either of these folks. Luckily I was going to be in town another day and able to come back and retrieve my property the following day (not without rearranging a few things).
So…if Marriott/Fairfield wants to attract business clientele they will need to change management of this hotel, or their powerless management practices! By the way- I did call and leave a message for the General Manager - I never received a call back- no surprise…problems are usually from the top down.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank PracticingTourist
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Easy access from highway. Located by nice shopping and dining. Nice exterior and interior. Breakfast was well supplied by friendly staff. Room was nice with comfortable beds. Would stay here again. The pool and hot tub looked nice but we did not have time to test out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We were in Aurora for a funeral/family gathering. This property was so conveniently located, right off the toll road that goes directly to the airport. There are many options for eating nearby and shopping as well.

At arrival we were checked in easily. The room was nicely appointed and clean. We had a problem regulating the heat so finally opened the window a crack to cool it off. When I asked about it the problem was taken care of to our satisfaction.

The shining star of this hotel is Kate, the breakfast hostess. A delighful, gracious woman doing her job with a smile, no matter what. On the first morning there I observed a the massive family with 13 kids (They made sure everyone in the area knew they had 13 kids) as they made a total disaster of the 3 large table they used. The tables, the floors, the chairs...all a mess. when they left I watched Kate go out and clean it all up, with a smile on her face, never complaining. AND....ey had not even left a tip for her.

Kate deserves recognition. the rest of the stay was about average for a Fairfield property

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel could easily be a five. New, clean, comfortable beds, and good house keeping. The biggest problem we found during our four-night stay was the slow response to known problems. After a long day of flying, we were looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub......nope, broken and not repaired until third day (unknown as to how long it had been out of service). None of the digital TV channels worked.....informed at check in, and blame was placed on Direct TV. This was not repaired until the fourth day. Other guests (who had been at the hotel prior to our arrival) were complaining that there had been no hot water for three days (I think that I would have found another hotel after the first day). We were very happy with housekeeping until the last day. As another reviewer posted, we were in the process of preparing for an 11:00 checkout, when the maid knocked on the door and opened it a split second later without waiting for a response. I have mixed feelings about staying at this hotel again.....would probably give it one more chance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DaChief
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I had a two night stay at this Fairfield on 10/19-21. We had stayed here in February and were again pleased with our accommodations. We had a king room that was provided us with plenty of space, and the room was clean and well maintained. We both made use of the workout room, which was not very big, but it did have a couple of treadmills, an elliptical machine, an adjustable bench and an assortment of free weights/dumbbells. For us, it was all we needed. They also have an indoor pool and hot tub, but we did not make use of them on this trip.

I took advantage of the morning breakfast where I found the selection of cereal, pastries, bread, etc. to be what you would expect, but it was good. The do- it-yourself waffle station actually had better tasting waffles than any other hotel where I’ve done them myself.

Also, on Monday morning I went down stairs early to get in some work via my laptop. During my working and enjoying my breakfast, I observed the lady running the breakfast area, Kate. She genuinely seemed to enjoy what she was doing, and she later was very helpful to me when I needed to take some blueberry muffins up to our room after the breakfast time had ended and she had already cleared away most of the food.

The hotel is located about 10+ miles from the Denver airport, but it is an easy drive down a toll road from the airport. Once at the hotel, there are plenty of stores, shops, and food nearby that would make most people happy. If you like BBQ, I’d recommend Jim ‘N Nicks, located across the parking lot…good stuff.

Based on Kate’s friendliness and the friendliness of the staff at the front desk that we encountered, we plan on staying here again the next time we go to Aurora to visit family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family