“Once again a really good stay”

Best Western Plus Gateway Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Once again a really good stay”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We keep returning to this hotel as everyone makes us feel so at home and it has everything we want for a happy stay away from home. The rooms are comfortable and well furnished and have a fridge and microwave so we can heat up food, and keep food cold. The breakfast provides a very good start to the day. We have booked for three more stays, need I say more

Room Tip: We like a room at the rear of the hotel as it is quieter on that side of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I booked my travel arrangements on Travelocity and requested a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds. I was given a non-smoking room on a smoking floor. The smoke and smell was overwhelming! When I requested another room I was told there were no rooms available with 2 queen beds. They could offer me an upgrade to a king suite, but because I booked on Travelocity they could not give it to me for the same price as the 2 queen bed room. I was annoyed, to say the least, and when I asked how much for the upgrade, the clerk hesitated and told me $5. 5 dollars? Really? I put a $5 bill on the counter and expressed my shock that he was willing to offend a customer for $5. If you are going to punish your customers that purchase via a travel website, and by punish I mean putting non-smoking requestors on a smoking floor and then berating them for purchasing on a travel site when they request a change, then get off the travel website. This was 1 specific clerk, all interaction in the following days with the ownership was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
BestWestern06161, General Manager at Best Western Plus Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience staying with us, I am sorry to hear that you had a negative start with your stay. We do not punish any of our guests regardless of how their reservations were made, our 4th floor has some rooms that are smoking, but the rest of the floor and the hotel has all non-smoking rooms only. We can usually accomodate any guest room move requests, unless we physically do not have any of the requested room types available. Clearly there was a failure in our service to you and I sincerely apologize for that. I do hope you will give us another oppurtunity to stay with us again if future travels bring you into our area.
Coeur D'Alene, Id.
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Flew in from Houston to George Bush for the night, flew out next day. Perfect check in with Richard (I had no reservation), very fair price, easy access to and from room, extremely helpful people. Next time thru that's where I'm staying, a little further from the airport, cheap ride via Super Shuttle. They even got me a Taxi the next morning as I had a few hours to kill and wanted to go visit a few places before return to airport.
Thank you so much for all your help and friendliness! Guy St.Louis

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
BestWestern06161, General Manager at Best Western Plus Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
I am glad to know that your stay with us was so great, all of our guest service members are always happy to take care of our guests. Thank you again for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I recently had to go to Aurora Colorado on a last minute trip. Had no hotel booked. This Best Western was the closest in proximity to the Aurora Medical Center, and I might mention they give a special reduced room rate for those who are using the hotel as a home base from the hospital. The rooms were average in decor, but very clean. The staff was exceptional. There was a gentleman attending the breakfast bufffet daily, (santos) who kept everything warm and well stocked. The breakfast was awesome, eggs, bacon, waffles, as well as continental food items.
There was a work out room and indoor pool and spa. I would reccomend this property for anyone doing business in the Denver/Aurora area, or even for a leisure trip.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Carriebout1
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review, we are always looking for ways to improve on our overall service to all of our guests and hope to see you soon in the near future.
turlock, california
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Stayed here as our son was moving to Denver and this was the closest hotel and we are glad that it was. No double queen rooms available so we were 'upgraded' to a suite. Now a USA suite is not a real hotel suite. As in no second room with a door. It is a regular room w/a sofa sleeper, chair and coffee table. Once the sleeper was unfolded the room was very tight, so don't buy into the 'free upgrade' idea. Go for the 2 queen beds!! People above us thumped thruout the night....why can't hotels have better sound proofing??? Anyway, breakfast was most enjoyable. Hotel staff let me stay until 1 as I didn't have a ride until my son picked me up after his first day on the job. Location is great for restaurants and shopping and quick to hiway 25. I'd say stay on the top floor in the back of the building, away from late arriving guests. Staff was most friendly and helpful and that always makes the stay better! Bethany gets gold stars.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room for quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed here one night on business.

Check-in was a little slow. The gentleman behind the desk had only been there a few weeks, so I give a little lenience for that. However, after several flight delays getting to Denver, I was ready to relax in my room. Had a little trouble paying for my room with a travel card as planned. Was upgraded when I pointed out that I was a Platinum member.

The room itself is adequate. The best feature is the big TV which was lacking in channels. Pillows were nice and soft. Bed was hard, which I prefer. The jacuzzi tub was disappointing because it didn't work. Tried everything with no instructions and it wouldn't turn on. The lighting scheme was a little awkward. It was hard to figure out what switch belonged to the light that I wanted to turn on. Wireless Internet was very fast and was able to Skype on my iPad with no problem.

Breakfast is included and was subpar. The bacon was as thin as tissue paper and just as bland. The gravy for biscuits was pasty and flavorless. But, a nice selection of choices none-the-less.

Check-out was efficient and friendly.

Location is convenient. It's across from a shopping center, next to the highway and has several food choices in the immediate area. Didn't notice any noise from the highway with a room facing it.

It wasn't the best BW that I've stayed at and wasn't the worst. It didn't live up to expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Nope. No surprises. Nothing special.

Like every Best Western I've stayed at, this one is clean, well-run and comfortable. The staff is friendlier than some, but not such that I'd remember a name. As we were staying a few days, we chose not to have the room cleaned the first day. Apparently, the maid doesn't read English? It was cleaned and towels replaced. So much for being green.

The breakfast is standard Best Western fare with an acceptable presentation, however the hot pot for gravy apparently didn't work correctly and the gravy was luke-warm the two mornings we stopped for breakfast.

No other problems and the hotel is in a nice, easy location. If you're looking for a clean, capable room at a good price, this is it. Great for families, business, shopping, etc. Not a destination though.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple