“Good Location”

Best Western Plus Gateway Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was put on 4th floor half of which was a smoking floor. I requested a non smoking room and although the room did not smell like smoke the hallway did. There were not able to move me because the hotel was full. In the future I will now ask specifically if these hotels are smoking or non smoking. Hotel overall was very nice and service was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I have chosen to stay at Best Western because it is close to Aurora Medical Center. I have been diagnosed with Chiari and a recurring syrinx which continues to enlarge with spinal fluid. I name this type of trip business because it sure is not for pleasure having to undergo multiple surgeries and procedures. This last stay was probably the best stay we have had and I thank Sunnie at the front desk for that. She was amazing and extremely helpful. Her and Richard have been there our last two visits and have been very professional. Undergoing these surgeries have been awful, this last surgery makes #5. Anyway, thank you Sunnie. You're very professional and I appreciate all of your help.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed here numerous times as it is located near relatives we visit every few years. The breakfast food was good, about what you would expect at a BW. The service, however was exceptional. The front desk staff was particularly helpful with some rainy day suggestion and directions to activities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! We stayed on Sat. July 26th for 1 night. We choose this hotel because it was close to Denver Children's Hospital and we would be getting in late. We booked the suite room with a Jacuzzi. We noticed construction outside in the parking lot, directly under our window, but I assumed they wouldn't be working on Sunday morning. Well sure enough, Sunday morning comes around and all we hear is the sound of a backhoe backing up and scraping cement at 6:30am directly under our window. I called down to the front desk to complain at 7:00am and the lady said she would talk to the manager about it when he got in. They continued to work outside our window. When we went downstairs to check out and complain, the manager came out and was VERY rude. First, he said we were lying and they weren't doing construction (even though he could SEE THEM WORKING). Then he said it was Sam's Club and the hotel had no control on when Sam's Club did their construction (Best Western has their OWN parking lot and that is where the construction was being done. Again it was ONLY in the Best Western parking lot. Then he said they didn't start till 8am and he would check the phone records to see when we called down to the front desk. At this point, I'm pretty upset, the guy is arguing with me even though he barely speaks English. Then he yells, "WHAT YOU WANT, FREE ROOM"! He wasn't offering a free room, he was looking at us like we were trying to scam him out of our room charge. I just told him he was very rude and the power of a review goes a long way. At that point he offered 10% off the room rate BUT charged us the same exact price we were quoted originally with AAA??? There are so many other options in Denver for lodging, STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!!!!

Room Tip: North east south west, these rooms aren't worth booking!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebekah S
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stay in a gazillion hotels all the time and I hope and pray for hotels like this. Nice big room and pretty decent breakfast (for hotel breakfast) after work we headed to the Mexican restrain in the parking lot. Happy hour is awesome! Walked the 20 feet back to our hotel and slept like a baby.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Plus in Aurora, Co. for 3 nights. We arrived at the hotel 3 hours prior to check-in and and Sandi at the front desk was able to accomodate us immediately. Sunni and Richard who also work the fronk desk were very courteous and helpful. Our stay included free breakfast and we enjoyed all of the breakfast items that included eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, fruit, bagels, muffins and yogurt. Great location as only 20 minutes from Denver airport!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Noisy neighbors till 2:am and no counter space in the bathroom. had to use the ironing board for a place to put items while getting ready in the morning. construction out front limited the parking. I had to park out back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business