“More Experienced Crew Is Needed”

Wholly Cannoli Cafe
Ranked #43 of 754 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We and some friends visited this restaurant in late October. Its ambiance is rather simple, more like a diner. The prices were reasonable, but the service was mediocre. Whether it was the waitress or the cook who did a poor job I don't know, but the meal arrived only in parts, with about 10 minutes of waiting time in between. When I asked as to what happened to the rest of the meal, her answer was that " well, I brought it out to you piece-meal because I didn't want it to get cold. No apologies as to why it was not prepared on time. When it came to time to pay, we asked that the check be split in half, as we had consumed about the same amount. When she brought the check, it was completely wrong. The two haves added up to about 180% of the original check. When I called her attention to the mistake, her answer was: "oh, they didn't do it right." Again, no apologies for the screw-up. If you ever go there, be sure to check your bill carefully.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

My husband is a pizza snob because he's originally from NJ. We found this place and he is in love. The pizza and pastries are amazing. If you go or order, you have to try the knots! They are the best we've ever had. We order meatballs for our daughter because she has a dairy allergy, and those are amazing too.
If you go in to sit down and eat, expect to wait a while because they are making everything from scratch in the back, which you can kind of see from the dinning area. It's well worth the wait!

1  Thank Beckibecka
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Wholly Cannoli has THE BEST Cannoli, as well as other freshly made sweets! Have had the Eggplant Parmesan sandwich, Pizza, and several other entree choices. Have never been disapointed! Can't wait for the restaurant expansion to be finished.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I agree with Raul C this establishment offers the worst customer service ever.
We as a family ordered take out upon collection and opening at our house we found the order incorrect.
We assumed no problem send our cousin to the cafe, and phone to warn the cafe of the error and to change the order.
My cousin phoned and instantly received a shocking response from the manager?
Who questioned from the start that it was our fault, well remember we had the receipt.
Then my cousin heard abuse in the background from staff members, aimed directly at him.
Truly shocking to which the manager, said was not aimed at my cousin (liar)
Then my other cousin upon arriving at the cafe received the same poor customer service, we witnessed.
Lets remember this was only about a pizza!
To the manager if you employ immature staff with obviously no experience, then train them in good customer service!
Remember the internet is a powerful tool, and we have already posted our opinions, and you will loose custom!
I hope you will benefit in some way from the feedback, but sadly i think not!

1  Thank cibag1
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We ordered fold to-go for my birthday dinner last Wednesday and it was excellent!! The chicken piccata was amazing as was the lasagna and chicken Parmesan. The tiramisu was fantastic. Cannot wait to go back!!