“Great”

Ranked #161 of 758 Restaurants in Aurora
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The first restaurant was opened in 1983 in San Diego by Ralph Rubio and his father, Ray, who started the fish taco phenomenon that spread across the nation. Today, Rubio’s menu has grown from The Original Fish Taco® to include additional chef-crafted seafood recipes that feature shrimp, wild salmon and ono. In addition to sustainable seafood, Rubio’s offers chargrilled chicken and steak, fresh made guacamole and salsas and sauces that are prepared daily.
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The food is tasty and the staff has always been friendly, professional and quick with our order. This shop has become a favorite.

1  Thank Jesse H

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I get takeout from here probably at least once every two months and we continue to go back for a reason - we're always satisfied with the quality and quantity of food! It's that simple.

We typically get the gourmet shrimp taco and gourmet chicken taco to go. They're consistently good and filling. They also have a unique flavor spin that other restaurants don't have. They are topped with bacon, avocado and some type cream sauce that we think is delish! The plate also comes with beans and chips. My favorite thing about this place is the salsa bar. I usually get two to-go cups of each salsa for myself and usually finish them all. The last time my wife and I got take out here it cost us $18 for the 2 - two taco plates.

I tried getting a burrito here one time and it wasn't quite as good so I have since stuck with what I know satisfies me. Give it a try!

1  Thank Legamania
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

I was yearning for a fish lunch and stopped into Rubios. I liked their menu selection but didn't want fried fish. The server offered to replace the fried pollack with grilled mahi on the "especial" taco. It was great. Well seasoned and a nice portion on the two taco lunch. The variety of salsas and condiments really added to the dish. They serve refried beans with the meal that were delicious. From now on this will be my first choice for lunch when I'm in the neighborhood.

1  Thank VictorVDenver
Reviewed 26 March 2013

With more of a California/Baja Mexican fare, don't mistake this place for another Chipotle/Qdoba burrito chain. With TONS of seafood (shrimp, mahi, salmon) choices and super fresh guac, this is a place we all love to go. The kids menu is a little lacking and their cheese queadilla is strangely bizarre, but the chicken, steak, and seafood make it worth the time!!! Please go so this change of pace fast casual food will stay!!!

1  Thank eclouse
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Much better quick food then most Mexican resteraunts. Good variety and good food. Resteraunt was very clean.Staff very friendly. I like the chicken nachos.

1  Thank Stacey S