“It was fine”

Golden Corral
Ranked #403 of 758 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I've been to several of these in other locations, and it was on par with them. My kids love Golden Corral, and this was fine. New bonus was the chocolate fountain!

Reviewed 31 July 2011

This restaurant is in my home town. I used to go there quite often and the food/price point was very good. Got a little older and "all you can eat buffets" are not good for seniors. However, decided to go there last week and was shocked at the deteriation of the food selection and quality. Even though everything was edible, nothing was good , which may have worked out to my benefit as I didn't eat much at all. Sadly, best to avoid this place.

1  Thank e3brown
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I've been to many Golden Corral Restaurants across the USA. This one on Mississippi in aurora, Colorado has been "rode hard and put up wet." It has the triple disadvantage of being in a low-demographic area, employing too many foreigners who cannot communicate, and having been there with minimal remodeling and upgrading until the facility is just tired.
Some of the employees try really hard, and some are very friendly. But unlike many I've been to in which the Management is on the floor, visiting with guests, this place seems always to right on the edge, with Managers needing to be in the kitchen (or the office, I suppose) instead.
The Franchisee of this unit needs to step up and spend some $$$'s to remodel, upgrade, and re-train his employees. For $12+ (dinner + drink) I can go a lot of places.
I like the menu choices, but the concept seems to do a better job in other locations. This place should make enough $$$'s to justify a fix-up.

2  Thank Foodie47Colorado

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!