“I'm going against the grain again.”

Golden Wok Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 803 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I wanted some hot and spicy food so I ordered some chicken that had a star (hot) next to it. I don't remember the name because it made no impression on me. It was bland, with no heat whatsoever. My wife ordered a garlic shrimp dish and it had some flavor. We had to wait forever to be served, luckily we were with some old friends and took the time to do some serious catching up. I will agree with the rest of the reviewers that the prices were very good and the amount of food was impressive. I had the leftovers for lunch the next day after pouring enough srirachi sauce on it to bring it up to snuff. Don't be fooled by the menu listed here on Tripadvisor, the Wok's menu is much bigger.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Food presentation and quality is above expectations. Frist went 8 years ago, and many times since, yet no wavering of value or quality. Will continue for years to come

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Food was good, hot and right on schedule. Chinese good is my my fav, but it is for my family. I can do it here! Nice job.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Looking for great food, reasonable prices, and a touch of elegance? You'll find them all here. Ken, the owner, always recognizes us and is very welcoming. When we lived in Aurora and ate there often, he gave us a bottle of wine for the holidays. Class act. The main attraction is the food - it surpasses any other Chinese restaurant I've been to in Colorado. I dream about the next time I can go and order the sesame shrimp again. Everything else on the menu is great. We've been with different friends, as well, and they were all pleased. Decor is elegant. It is quiet, with much use of violet colors, a large wall fountain, tablecloths, a display case of exquisite crystal sculptures, if memory serves, an aquarium, and soft lighting. Service is always great. Most importantly, CHEFS are superb. Ken makes sure to maintain high quality at all times. They do a lot of take-out orders, as well. It's a great place for a special occasion, or if it's not a special occasion, going to eat there will make it one. Lunch is typical of Chinese lunches, with everything on one plate, whereas dinner is typical with large platters of scrumptious delights. My husband and I unequivocally recommend you go and enjoy.

Reviewed 21 November 2011