“An oasis in the city”

Cherry Creek State Park
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Aurora
More attraction details
Owner description: Part of Cherry Creek State Park, this recreation area offers miles of bike trails.
Landstuhl, Germany
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“An oasis in the city”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

What is not to like about a beach and boating? They have a nice marina to eat at and plenty of trails for bikes and hiking. Bikers and hikers are free.

• Korean first
Aurora, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“We love this place. So much to do”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

There's a swim beach, plenty of trails, a wet land area, boat marina and so much more. We love to fish here too.

New Brighton, Minnesota
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Nice park-good trails”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I walked to the reservoir, the trails were in great shape and would be perfect for biking. The park was a good urban park but not worth a detour.

Aurora, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Huge park with lots of trails to hike”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was looking for a place close to where I live and I came across this park. We did one of the hikes and everything was kept up quite well.

Pros:
-Upkeep is good
-Close to where I live
-Picnic areas
-Beach area

Cons:
-Fee to enter the park

This park is a nice place to visit. The only thing that surprised me was the $9 fee to enter the park. But I can understand why because it is considered a Colorado State Park.

Denver, Colorado
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice place to spend some time in the outdoors”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Cherry Creek State Park offers a variety of activities. One can hike, bike, practice their marksmanship, boat or swim. We have visited the swim beach a few times and it was fun with lots of sand for the kids to play with and nice spots to picnic while you are there.

Check their site though. Last time we went for the swim beach the algae was in full bloom which made for some green swim water. Grossed me out but my daughter seemed none the worse for it! ;)

Visited June 2014