“Yum! ”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Yum! ”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here and it did not disappoint! We shared the chicken tiki masala and garlic naan. Just the right amount of food. Nothing is better than a warm meal when it's raining! The waiter was friendly and personable. We would eat here again.

1 Thank brittanycluff

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Monsoon - Finally a REAL Indian Restuarant”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Being a fan of Indian food since my grad school days (my grad advisor and most of my fellow students were from India), and having traveled in India, eating at local restaurants (not at the hotel!), and was very happy when this restaurant opened. I have eaten there several times now, and every time I have tried something new from the menu - different naans, vindaloo, bryiani, various vegetable dishes. I have not been disappointed by any of the dishes.

I've talked with the staff about the kitchen and cooking methods, and they only use real spices, not prepackaged generic curries. The lamb is perfectly cooked, never dried out, and the vegetables are also cooked just right, not mushy or raw.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Indian food and for those that have never tried or perhaps tried a substandard place. The dishes can be made with as much heat as you can stand, just let your waiter know how you would like it. As for the price, for the quality of the food you get, the price is very reasonable for what you would pay at any restaurant in the Denver area (dining out in Denver can be expensive).

As a disclaimer, I had met the owner when he was a waiter at another restaurant at Southlands Mall - but I only knew him as a waiter/bartender. I have no personal nor any business relationship with him.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kevin A
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Awesome India Food”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is some of the most awesome Indian food I have ever had. I ordered the lamb vindaloo and it had excellent flavor. You must like heat before you try this dish. Heat factor on this dish would be nine out of 10. The Biryani dishes were very popular. My wife ordered the Biryani dish with lamb and it was also excellent. This dish is very large so be hungry when ordering it. The staff was very friendly. I highly recommend that if you were going to Aurora, you stop at this restaurant

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ambrosius57
Centennial, Colorado
“Perfection”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Every meal is created when you order it so there's no re-heating and subsequent drying out of your meal. If you're worried about the meal being too spicy I'd suggest talking with your wait staff. All of them can make excellent suggestions. My favorite dishes thus far are the salmon tikka and the vegetable biryani (though the biryani can be a bit on the spicy side for those of us with "white-bread" palates). Be sure to try the naan as well! While the dishes may seem on the pricey side, the freshness of all the spices and ingredients make it well worth it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lorraine B
Charleston, SC
“Not your average Indian food”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The chicken biryani was absolutely amazing. Very complex and fresh tasting. I didn't even know I liked Indian food, but I guess I had never been to a nice Indian restaurant. I just got take out, though I noticed the small interior was surprisingly upscale and hip.

Visited March 2014

Been to Monsoon? Share your experiences!