“An unexpected stay in Denver.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Denver Airport

Residence Inn Denver Airport
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Casper
“An unexpected stay in Denver.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

After landing in Denver an hour late, then waiting on the Tarmac another hour while Skywest/United tried to find a gate to park the plane at, my family missed our flight to Panama by five minutes. Not able to get us to Panama for another two days the airline felt they were being generous to give us one room, for one night, at the Residence Inn. We arrived at the hotel around midnight; exhausted and grumpy. Chris (working the desk) took one look at my family of five (young adult children) and said 'the airline only gave you one room? I can't fit you in one of my normal rooms but I think I can work this out.' And that he did, he put us in a two bedroom suite with a kitchen and a pull out couch bed in the sitting area. Thus, ending a crappy day on a high note. I really appreciated how the hotel treated my family. Additionally, the hotel is spotlessly clean, well designed, nicely decorated, and they have an awesome breakfast buffet. The Residence Inn is the only place I will be staying while in Denver in the future.

Room Tip: Room 120 is a great room for a large family.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin B
Max K, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, I am so glad Chris was able to take good care of you and your family. I can appreciate being stranded somewhere while traveling, and if we can help take some of the sting out the situation then we have succeeded in our mission.

Max K.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Orlando, FL / Palm Springs, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Overnight on business....super-close to airport and convenient. Spotlessly clean with great staff.....for business it's perfect. It's not luxurious....but it's extremely comfortable. I will stay there again when in Denver.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Max K, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback, I am glad we lived up to your expectations, and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Denver.

Max K.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Residence Inn for 4 days in April, while in town for business. It was a pretty basic hotel with some additional 'residence' amenities, such as a sink, dish washer, cupboards with plates and coffee cups. Everything was clean, and there was extra dish soap under the sink. The shower curtain was just long enough to reach the top of the tub, so it was a little challenge to keep it in while getting a shower. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly when engaged. I had no major complaints or compliments. It was good.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Vincent Y, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hello Kris S,

I am happy to hear that you had a good time at our hotel. I will look further into the bathroom showers and the curtain though. Thank you once again and hope that we get to see you again soon!
Laramie, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Missed flight, so stayed overnight there. Did not see a bar, but there are some within walking distance. Slept in, so missed breakfast, Very nice staff, clean place, spacious and quiet rooms, and kitchen in my room. Small computer room with printer in the lobby. Only problem was that the TV faced the kitchen, not the sofa, chairs, or bed

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hello ScttLee,

Thank you for the kind response! I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you especially for your unplanned visit. If you plan to visit us again soon, we have new TVs that swivel so that you can watch them anywhere within a studio suite.
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Reception: I was staying on a previously earned free night award so all my details were ready (keys, etc.) upon arrival. Reception was fast and courteous...one note, they put a $20 incidentals fee on your card for award stays.

Room: Large studio suite with excellent amenities and newer furniture. The TV was a large flat screen but forgot to note the make, probably LG. I didn't use the kitchen but it was spotless and nicely equipped with the usual RI spectrum of appliances and housewares. Bathroom was large with an external sink with drawers and shelves and a toilet and tub/shower. Bed and pillows were comfortable.

Property: Excellent grounds in a business/retail park. Indoor pool was good sized and it and the whirlpool were well maintained. Exercise room looked functional and spacious but did not use.

Breakfast: I arrived there very late in the morning so some items were depleted, but the mains were fresh and tasty. Could have used a fruit refresh, but the yogurt parfaits were really good.

Other: Did not attend the evening reception

Conclusion: Excellent property if a long way from the airport, which is pretty much standard for DEN. Be sure to give yourself 20 minutes to drive it or take an earlier shuttle.

Room Tip: Go early for prime breakfast selection.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tovaz
Vincent Y, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear tovaz,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and became acquainted with the amenities provided by our hotel. As for the breakfast, I'm glad that you enjoyed the quality of the food. As for the quantity, items should be fully stocked so I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to enjoy the fruit. Thank you for your review and hope to see you again on your next Denver visit!
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom suite through Marriott.com. On arrival we greeted by a very helpful and informative receptionist. We were glad to get a 2 bedroom suite as it provided space for our family. The rooms were large and well appointed with cooktop and fridge. High ceilings improved the feeling of space. We booked for 3 nights over a weekend and had breakfast included, which improves the value of the experience. We were able to borrow a basketball and have a little fun on the court outside. We did not utilize the pool but it looked good. One negative was the relatively noisy ducted airconditioning. Sometimes it woke us up from our sleep. It's located near Denver International Airport and there is easy access to the interstate (i70). There are plenty of restaurants around this place within walking distance. Would I stay here again....absolutely. We have booked a further night the day before we are due to fly out of DIA.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear AJG35,

I am glad to hear your enjoyed your stay and decided to rebook with us already! I'm glad that you used our facilities and enjoyed them as well. Regarding the ac unit if you could reach out to me at vincent.yi@marriott.com or call the hotel directly I would like to pin point the room so that we may have it looked at. Thank you!
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

It is a bit dated but clean. The staff was friendly except the guy running "happy hour". Hard day and I just wanted to have a glass of wine and relax. Out of wine just beer. I picked this place just so I could have a glass of wine without going to a bar or buying a bottle. Figured they could have made a quick trip to the store.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vincent Y, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear CindyLee57,

Please be assured that guest satisfaction is #1 to us and we would love to be your property of choice for all of your Denver stays. I would like to speak with you in regard to your stay, vincent.yi@marriott.com is where I can be reached. I'm glad to hear that most of the staff was great for you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Warm Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
No photo provided

Been to Residence Inn Denver Airport? Share your experiences!