“Excellent on Many Levels!”

Cherry Creek Harbor
Ranked #69 of 728 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Indian, Nepalese
Centennial, Colorado
“Excellent on Many Levels!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am not (or was not) a huge fan of Indian food until I found this restaurant. I agreed to go with a friend who loves Indian food and was very pleasantly surprised. I had one of the vegetarian dishes, Navratan Korma, and the flavor was excellent. The garlic naan was the best I've ever had and we ended our meal with beignets which were excellent. Both owners took the time to visit our table and suggest different meals. I will definitely be returning to try the Cajun menu (catfish).

• Visited June 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected variety”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Came through Aurora on the way to Colorado Springs. We noticed this restaurant had 2 types of food we like a lot...Indian and Cajun. Not the most attractive location, but once inside, the decor is on par with a posh urban eatery. The food....seafood gumbo for starters, was a family recipe and decent as gumbos go. I also had lamb tikka masala, which was sweeter than I'm used to, but still very good. My wife had mutter paneer, a classic favorite. We met the head Cajun chef and she was very attentive. Would recommend to anyone for a unique dining experience!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious, authentic and beautifully decorated.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I visited recently for lunch. The menu has a great variety of vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes and a a wide selection of entrees and starters as well as a dessert menu. Growing up with a Bengali step father I learned about authentic Indian food, and have a great appreciation for it. Cherry Creek Harbor hit the nail on the head. I will go back to try the Cajun food next time. The owners are great, service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. The atmosphere is really nice as well. The place is elegant and beautifully decorated. I can't wait for my next visit. Im excited for folks to learn about this gem. Really spectacular.

1 Thank Emilia T
“Comfort food at its finest!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Awesome food, beautiful surroundings what more could you ask for? My Aunt introduced us to this place after it moved to its new location which truth be told is a little hard to find due to a small temporary sign. The place is very elegant but has a relaxed atmosphere. They serve Indian and creole food which is a strange combination but after trying it they are really on to something! Whatever you do save room for dessert it's to die for! This place is a new favorite for us! They have live music on the weekends which is a blast, the owner and his family go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

• Visited April 2014
Aurora, Colorado
“New Name, New Location, Same Great Food”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Having grown up in the New Orleans area, and having a husband who loves cajun food, we decided to try the Bayou Cafe' (or Bayou Snack Shack) some months ago. We were impressed with the good food and great gumbo. But at the time, it was a little place that was unimpressive and just a corner building in a strip shopping center. When we wanted to go back, we learned that they had closed and were in the process of moving. The new location isn't too far from where they were, but what a difference! They combined another restaurant called Katmandu Kitchen with Bayou Snack Shack -- so there are 2 complete menus -- to make Cherry Creek Harbor.

The new place is at least 3 or 4 times as large, elegantly decorated with white table cloths & beautiful chandeliers, a full bar, a full stage, jazz music playing overhead ~ just beautiful. The owner greeted us, and we visited with him about the move and changes, etc. We ordered from the Cajun menu ~ spicy cajun fries, Gumbo, and smothered cat fish (smothered with Etouffee). It was all delicious. The Gumbo was wonderfully prepared -- just like it would be at a corner place on Jackson Square.

The owner, staff, and chef, who also came to our table, were very friendly and accommodating. We even had complimentary Beignets after dinner just for remembering them and going during their opening week.

The owner let us know they are planning live music, small ensembles, etc. in the very near future. We love that idea, and our hope is that this restaurant will be very successful. We will definitely make it a frequent outing. (They are also an event center and will cater).

• Visited April 2014