DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,081 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesbreakfast buffetnice hotelrestaurant staffbusiness tripbusiness centerbed was comfortablenice stayshuttle serviceupon checkroom was largeairport shuttlemonicadenverlaurarenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Decent hotel....Internet and breakfast costs money which seems to be the norm at these Hilton hotels (Internet is free if you're Hilton Gold). Always baffles me that standard Hiltons have a better reputation than Hampton Inn's regardless of the fact that Hamptons have more free amenities.

Few points
Decent 32 in HD TV in room with a lackluster programming package including HBO. Viacom channels were not present due to the directv dispute. AMC not available (even if they had Viacom channels). There is a welcome screen when you turn the tv on but it's not loud/exceptionally annoying.

Wireless Internet was a decent speed on the 2nd floor.

In room digital thermostat is nice. Windows do not open.

Parking was not a problem.

Hotel layout seems outdated with no thought to flow....elevators are in a somewhat annoying place if you wanted to be lazy and not walk thru the lobby or restaurant to get to the car...also found it odd that there weren't stairs at the end of my hallway to go downstairs (there are stairs but they don't go to the 1st floor). Elevators are also relatively slow and operating on an outdated system (3 elevators running on two call systems so you always have to press up or down on two seperate systems to ensure you get the nearest elevator). The side doors lock at 2100 and do not have key access.

There is no microwave or fridge standard in the rooms.

Desk clerks were too notch. I requested a fridge and one was quickly delivered for the duration of my stay. They were also very friendly.

Overall I would give this hotel 3/5 stars...the staff is great and does their best but the hotel ultimately suffers from problems outside their control-an older property and Hiltons barebones amenities in their standard properties. I would neither recommend nor ridicule this hotel to a visitor.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We very much appreciate your business. And, thank you for your kind words about our service, While we do charge for internet access in our guest rooms and for breakfast, we do offer a special package that include both breakfast and internet connectivity. Access to the internet is free in the lobby. Our breakfast buffet is extensive offering eggs, omelets cooked to order, breakfast meats, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt and freshly baked pastries and breads. And, we are improving. Positive changes are coming for our business center, guest rooms and meeting spaces. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was our first trip to Denver. I decided on this hotel because it offered shuttle service from the airport & because I'm a Hilton Rewards Member. I was impressed with everything about my hotel stay. We arrived extremely early. Check in is at 3 & we arrived at 9a.They were kind enough to accomodate our luggage & we were able to use the shuttle service until our room was ready. We ended up checking in at 1p with no problems. I booked a one king nonsmoking room. We ended up with a nice view on the 4th floor. The room was clean & smelled good. They do not offer free continental breakfast nor free wifi BUT that is specified in the details. There are several restuarants & shopping within 1 or 2 miles. I was a bit concerned about the area. I read several reviews about Aurora & how unsafe it is. I was pleased to know that the hotel is located in a quiet residential area. We did not rent a car but used the shuttle service provided by the hotel. That came in handy and we used it to the max. We will definitely use this hotel again on our next visit to Colorado.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for your business. And, thank you for your kind words regarding your experience here at the DoubleTree by Hilton - Denver/Aurora. Yes, when availability allows, we do check in guests prior to the posted check in time. And, I am pleased to see you were able to take advantage of our complimentary airport and five mile radius shuttle service. As you discovered, there are many offerings in the hotel’s “backyard” including a variety of restaurants and shopping opportunities. We look forward to your return. If I can be of further service to you, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was impressed with everything about my hotel stay.
Check In and Check Out were easy.
The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the DoubleTree Hotel – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your business as it is very much appreciated. I am so pleased you had such a pleasant experience. Our team will certainly hear of your kind words. I look forward to having you return to the DoubleTree when your travels bring you back to the Denver area. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We opted for a larger "corner" room and were so pleased. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The employees were all very accomodating and pleasant. They do charge for internet in the room - but it's only a one-time charge of $5 for your whole stay. Not that much to complain about. True, there is no FREE breakfast, but that is not much of a concern to us - we rarely eat the breakfast at the hotels we stay in anyway. We used the pool area which was very clean, the elevators always were prompt for us and the bar area was a nice cozy place for us to spend an evening together. All in all, we were very pleased with the hotel and the service we received and would definitely stay there again. Oh - I forgot to mention the cookies! They were so welcome that first night, and then we asked another night if we could get more and sure enough, they handed us two warm cookies! Love the Double Tree!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you so much for your 5 star review – regarding both the hotel and the service you received. We are so pleased you had an enjoyable experience. We look forward to having you back. The fabulous DoubleTree cookies will be waiting. Thanks again, david.garon@hilton.com

Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

Room was comfortable, location was good for the business we had. No Internet service in room without paying for it which is weird for a business hotel, and got suckered into a mediocre breakfast that looked as if it was free for guests but ended up having to pay $30 for 2 of us for box cereal, canned peaches, Walmart sweet rolls and eggs and bacon. Our fault for not asking ahead of time but $15/person for that?! When I made a comment about it the front desk person just said, Well you did get the cheap Expedia rate. Probably would stay elsewhere next time

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. While I was pleased to see you enjoyed your guest room, I was disappointed to see your comments about breakfast. In addition to our buffet which includes fresh made daily pastries and muffins, we also include cook-to-order eggs, omelets as well as house made granola, other cereals, fresh fruits of the season and yogurt. We also offer a comprehensive ala carte menu as well. I hope you will reconsider and return to our hotel so you can take full advantage of our many breakfast offerings. If I can be of assistance to you, feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com