“Horrible hotel”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 11 June 2014

1. Housekeeping took bag of food from room. 2. Non-smoking room smelled of smoke from nearby smoking room 3. Bfast buffet was out of eggs, potatoes, bacon, pancakes, pastries & orange juice! 4. Hot tub not cleaned, lots of sand and other junk floating in water during our 4 days there

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank robertgF2308ZB
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide important feedback about your recent stay. I offer my sincere apology for the poor level of service you experienced in several areas. I am very sorry for the inconveniences and frustrations we caused you. The hotel’s management team has reviewed your survey and have already taken the appropriate steps so similar situations do not recur. When your travels bring you back to this area, I hope you would consider staying with us again so you can see what you previously experienced was not our usual standards. Please feel free to contact me directly as I will personally see to your arrangements. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Denver Aurora

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am a seasoned traveler and I have to say that the employees at this double tree hotel has to be one of the best experience I have had in traveling to over several countries and over 43 contingent states in the last 20 plus years. Jeanne at the front desk was wonderful! She made me feel like I really was a guest and the waiters in your restaurant for breakfast. It has been a very long time since I have seen this in the hotel industry. To the general manager I say that what you have done is given me a chance to give Hilton another chance. I stop going to Hilton hotels back in 2011. I will be coming to you guys again, and will let others know about your great customer service. I think other hotels need to send there people there to get trained in the area of customer service from your own employees. I am serious. Thanks for one of the best memory at a hotel. PS. carpet needs to be change I think.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you! Thank you so much for your many compliments about our customer service here at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. Your review has been read at our all team member morning meeting. And, thank you for coming back to Hilton family of hotels. We hope we will soon have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, I am available to assist at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our family of 5 stayed here during a large soccer tournament held in Aurora and found our room very spacious, clean and quiet...even though we were right behind the elevators. Staff was very friendly and helpful during a very busy time. The pool was a great bonus and the lobby was a perfect meeting place for teams.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for the compliments about the cleanliness of your guest room and our friendly and helpful service. I'm glad you and your family had such a great experience. I'm also pleased you were able to take advantage of our year-round indoor pool. We enjoy being a part of this annual soccer tournament. We look forward to seeing you again next year! If I can assist with your arrangements for 2015, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is well situated for access to East Denver/Aurora area. They are in a safe area surrounded by good restaurants and right off of the freeway. The hotel is older, and there are several hints that they have worked to refresh. Clean and security is good. The only problem we consistently encountered was that there were four of us in a room and they consistently brought 2 towels daily. The beds could be better.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback and for your business. I’m pleased to see you enjoyed the benefits of our location as well as found the hotel to be clean and secure. And, you are right and I apologize! With four people in your guest room, we should have provided more towels. Going forward, our housekeeping team will pay better attention to the number of people staying in a room. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to this area. If I can help with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is a nice hotel. The people are the best part. Eryn, LeeAnne, and Ryan at the front desk are wonderful and really care about their guests and how their stay is going. They went above and beyond with small requests many times. They made me feel so welcome!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Wow, thank you for the 5 for 5 review and for your business. I am pleased to see you had such an enjoyable stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. Our entire team will soon hear of your compliments about our service. I hope your travels will soon bring you back to the greater Denver area so we may have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here the night before our flight out of Denver airport. The rooms are very comfortable and there is a nice indoor pool. The rooms have all the standard amenities but Wi-Fi is rather expensive unless you are a Diamond or Platinum Hilton Honors member. The breakfast is not included either. They do have a free airport shuttle.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BearTraveler69
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your 4 out of 5 review and for your business. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your guest room. Please note that we do offer packages that bundles together the guest room and/or breakfast and/or internet access into one attractive rate. Also, internet access is complimentary in the lobby of the hotel. I hope that the next time you are flying out of DIA, you’ll choose to stay with us again. I would be happy to assist with you reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We came to Denver for a wedding and chose the Doubletree for the locations and great rate we found online. The receptionist was unfriendly but did her job. We went up to our room, which was clean spacious and comfortable but our lights didn't work. Interestingly the light bulbs were missing. We called down to the desk and they sent up a repairman who was very friendly and he replaced the bulbs for us. The air conditioning wasn't kicking on so he checked that and the controls needed batteries so he replaced them as well. He was probably the nicest person at the hotel and made sure everything else was okay before he left. They made up the room each day but they never restocked the coffee and we were so busy we forgot to ask the desk to fix it. They also did not offer breakfast or free wifi, something they might want to think about since you can find them at almost all of the smaller chains now.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post the comments about your recent stay. And, thank you for your business. I apologize for the unfriendly greeting you received upon your arrival. And, I also apologize for the inconvenience and frustration we caused you involving the issues in your guest room. I am happy to note that the Engineer who attended to the issues in your room met, if not exceeded, your expectations. I will talk with the Room Attendant that serviced your room to better insure that all amenities are properly stocked and/or replenished. And, please note that we do offer packages that bundles together the guest room and/or breakfast and/or internet access into one attractive rate. I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, you will again choose our hotel. I am confident you will have an enjoyable and problem-free stay. If I can be of assistance with your reservation, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.