“hotel”

Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
colorado springs, United States
“hotel”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We are Hilton Honor Gold members and we stayed at this hotel for a swim meet. We were placed on the 3rd floor not the Hilton honors floor. The carpet in the room was filthy! Upon checking in we were not thanked for being honors members and I had to go back to the front desk to get the access code for the internet. Reluctantly, they gave it to me and then remembered that we should have gotten breakfast coupons as well. Our floor also had a Rugby team staying there and they were extremely loud throughout the night. The staff at breakfast in the morning were very rude when we arrived the next morning to eat. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. And, as a Gold HHonors member, thank you for your loyalty to Hilton hotels. All of us, as a team, strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience. It is apparent that during your stay with us we fell short. I offer my sincere apology that we did not provide you the recognition and service you should have received. I am sorry for the many frustrations and inconveniences you encountered. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown fond of. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
McKinney, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

All the staff was very helpful and friendly but this hotel is not as well kept and clean as I expect from Double Tree. Also every morning at breakfast a staff meeting is held in the dinning area and is very noisy with a lot of hoorah and cheering. The bed was not the standard Hilton/Double tree bed and was very hard. An exterior door was boarded up with plywood and looked bad. Overall this was not the high standard I have experienced at other Double Trees.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lisa O
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback about your recent stay. And, thank you for your compliment about our helpful and friendly staff. I am sorry that you did find our DoubleTree Sweet Dreams bed comfortable. And, due to recent weather and windy conditions in Aurora, we did have a glass exit door shatter. We promptly ordered a replacement and installation is expected shortly. I hope that when your travels again call for a hotel in this area, you would consider returning to our hotel. I’ll personally work to insure you have a pleasant stay that meets, if not exceeds, your expectations. If I can assist, I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
South Dakota
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the absolute worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Upon arrival we are told that because we booked third party, there were no King rooms left and that if we had a problem with it we had to go to the third party. Well the third party is Trip Advisor, the biggest travel site out there. I refuse to hold the 3rd party accountable when the hotel receives these reservations and has a job to make sure the room types are available. We received no apology from the front desk clerk. The front desk clerk put us into a double bed room which was terrible. The toilet alone caused us headaches with loud whistling noises every time you flushed. Still upset that we had yet another night in a small bed (my husband is 6'4) we complained to the front desk manager the next morning. While they did eventually put us in a King room, they made it very clear that this was not their normal procedure and that in order to receive a room we wanted, we were to call the hotel. On top of this mess, the bad toilet and the horrible attitudes of the staff, our food in the dining room was beyond disgusting. The first order of chicken came out so dry it looked like it was two days old. The second order which was a steak came out burned and dry. Needless to say I went to bed hungry, upset and tired of the whole situation. I will never again book in this hotel.

1 Thank denvermom0203
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. While I certainly wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I sincerely apologize for our failures involving your stay. While we do our best to honor the specifics of a reservation, regardless of source, sometimes a situation presents itself where a reservation has to be changed. I am very sorry this occurred with your reservation. And, I will be personally working with the front desk team so they can better handle this type of situation in the future. I have also talked with our culinary and restaurant teams and provided them your feedback. They have taken your comments very seriously and changes will be made. While I fully recognize your experience was unsatisfactory, I do hope you would consider staying with us again. If you give us another chance to serve you, I am confident you will have a very different, and much better, experience. If you are interested in returning to our hotel, I will personally see to your reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
CASPER, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent seminar and hotel. The food for breakfast and lunch was amazing and priced well. The hotel was quiet and calm. We felt that the hotel was clean and modern, unlike so many others in the Denver area. We plan to come back for a family trip during the summer months.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wow!! Thank you for your 5 for 5 review!! I am delighted to see you had such a good experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton - Denver/Aurora. Your compliments have already been communicated to our team members. And, thank you for paying us the highest compliment possible as you say you would come back and stay with us again. If I can be of help with your next reservation, I would be pleased to assist. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Oak Park
Reviewed 15 June 2014

While this hotel is located a few miles from the many other airport hotels, it still offers a shuttle service to/from the airport. Offers in-room free wi-fi, breakfast buffet, nice rooms. Decor could use a little upgrading but is still very nice for the value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and post the comments about your recent experience. And, thank you for the positive comments about your stay. I’m pleased to see you were able to take advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle. I hope that when your travels bring you back to this area, you will return to the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. It would certainly be a pleasure to serve you again If I can of assistance with your next reservation, feel free to contact me directly at david.garon@hilton.com.
Bellaire, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

New construction, clean rooms, convenient to highway but quiet. Good breakfast with friendly staff. My mother lost her breakfast coupons and they were replaced with no problem. Some rooms have refrigerators.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your 5 for 5 review and for your business. Your many compliments about your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton - Denver/Aurora are certainly appreciated. I am delighted to see that it appears we met, if not exceeded, your expectations. I hope that when your travels bring you back to this area, we will have the privilege of serving you again. If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me directly. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
Wellington, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Absolutely worse stay in a Hilton. We always prefer Hilton owned hotels due to their reputation for being a cut above. This hotel is nothing above a Motel 6. The bedding was clean and the staff was reasonably decent. We stayed in a 1 King "Suite" The carpet was horribly stained, the room stunk, parts of the hotel and room were in disrepair, the cooling system did not work, the cable was not in working order, the (paid) breakfast was inedible and later made us relatively sick. I have stayed in worse hotels/motels, however, never had this kind of experience at a Hilton. We attempted to share a romantic anniversary trip in a lovely Hilton, we were sorely disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Duane D
Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry and offer my most humble apology as we failed to provide you the experience you expected. I have discussed your feedback with our team and have already made adjustments for improvement. I would appreciate the opportunity to show you what you encountered during your recent stay is not our usual levels of service and quality. I hope when your travels bring you back to this area, you would consider staying with us again. I am confident you would have a much better experience. If I can assist with your reservation, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.