“Needs work to have consistent standards”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Woodbury
“Needs work to have consistent standards”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very mixed review about this hotel. Stayed here as part of a group, so I had no choice where I stayed. The positives: overall friendly staff, especially morning food service (but not totally consistent), room was a good size and generally comfortable.
Negatives: smoking! They still have a couple of rooms where smoking is allowed. If you are unfortunate enough to be located near one beware. The night I arrived, the smell got stronger and heavier as I walked down the hall to my room. It was almost bad enough where I would have needed to be moved to another room or hotel. Only bearable by keeping the air running on high in my room constantly. Room cleaning was not the most thorough between guests, the area under my desk was caked with dust. The carpet in my room needed to be cleaned, and the carpet in the halls was filthy with ground in dirt areas. Stairwells were not checked or cleaned the entire week I was there. They obviously do not have enough housecleaning staff on duty. Very often I would return at 4 pm and my room was not made. The explanation was that housekeeping runs until 5pm. This would not be tolerated at other Hilton hotels. The fitness center lacked any type of disinfecting wipes to clean the machines between uses. Even after bringing it to their attention, after 1 week no action had been taken.

In looking at the other negative reviews, my concerns are generally consistent with what others have stated. I view this as a concern with management. Many other's in my group felt the same.

Room Tip: Request a room in a different hallway than the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nursetrek
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am glad you found our team members to be friendly and your guest room comfortable. I do apologize for the problems you encountered with Housekeeping, especially the cleanliness issues. The hotel’s Housekeeping Manager has addressed the issues you have raised. Since your stay, we have completed the retaining of our team to address your concerns. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, you would choose to stay with us again. I am confident you will have a pleasant and problem-free experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of help with a reservation. My email address is david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Aurora, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for business several times years ago, which is why I chose it for this trip. Very sad to see that service has totally gone out the window at this hotel. I'll find a different hotel next time I need to be in this area.

1 Thank Debbie B
Thank you for your review and for your business. I offer my most humble apology that our service did not reach the same levels you had experienced in the past. Recently, I have personally led a number of customer service training sessions for our team members. I am confident that if you decide to stay with us again, you will see a noticeable change in the quality of our customer service. I hope you will contact me when you are in need of a reservation as I would be happy to assist. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
Denver, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The rooms were not as clean as I would have liked. Bath tub did not drain right away. Overall, the service was adequate. Shuttle service was promised, but was not recorded in the desk book for all clerks to see, so did not use the shuttle. This was for the THS 40th Reunion and there was probably at least 15 people staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. And, thank you for your and your group’s business. I am sorry and do apologize that we did not meet, nor exceed, your expectations in several areas. I have spoken with the entire team and reminded them of the importance of our attention and focus to the details. I hope that when you are again in the greater Denver area, you would consider staying with us again. I am confident you will notice the changes and improvements we have made. I am available to assist with your next reservation. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I should have reviewed this last year but I had forgotten to. We stayed here in May of 2013 to visit my wife's aunt who lives in Aurora. We opted for the breakfast package and were glad we did. The breakfast buffet was very good. The service and housekeeping were good as were the helpful people at the front desk. I would stay there again and was at a great location for us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your 5 for 5 review of your experience. I hope that when you are again visiting family, you will return to our hotel. When you are ready to make a reservation, please feel free to reach out to me directly at david.garon@hilton.com.
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a nice stay at the hotel. However, we were stranded at the Nine Mile Station waiting for our shuttle back to the Hotel. After a few phone calls and waiting 50 minutes in the parking lot with a crying 10month old baby, We called a cab for a ride back to the hotel. The front desk personnel didn't seem to care - no apologies were made - It put a damper on the entire hotel experience.
Always have a plan B if you take the shuttle. As we found out, they cannot be depended upon and the Front desk staff - doesn't seem to care.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I apologize for the problem you encountered with our shuttle service. I hope you have the confidence in me and the hotel’s Front Office Manager that we have addressed the issue and have taken steps to improve the shuttle’s dependability. I have also spoken with the front desk team to remind them of our shuttle procedures. I hope our failure to pick you up in a timely way will not stop you from staying with us again. When you are in need of a reservation, I would be pleased to personally handle your arrangements. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Due to flight delays and arrival at hotel in the early morning hours, the staff was very helpful and expeditious in getting me checked in. During my stay, the staff was courtious and greeted me with a smile and were always willing to help with any questions I had.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Delighted!! Thank you for your 5 for 5 review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I am pleased that we met, if not exceeded, your expectations. Your many compliments about our service is being shared with our team members. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, we will again have the pleasure of serving you. If I can help with your reservation, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Colorado, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was extremely disappointed with my experience at this hotel in regards to reservations and staff. Sadly, I wasn't alone in their ability of the staff to get reservations right. While walking my daughter to her car to go to another location because of the reservation screw up we ran into a couple sitting in their car desperately trying to reach a hotel manager by phone because their reservations at the hotel were given away and it was midnight. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if there are other Hilton properties available.

1 Thank Brian D
Thank you for providing us valuable feedback regarding your reservation. Guest comments are welcome and important as they give us clear information as to where improvement is needed. I sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered. Please have the confidence in us that what you experienced is not our usual standard. I hope that when your travels bring you back to this area, you would consider giving us another try. I would be pleased to personally handle your reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Stapleton
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver

Been to DoubleTree Denver Aurora? Share your experiences!