“Exceptional Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
“Exceptional Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The facility was clean, staff were responsive and kind. I was very impressed with the quality of my room, food in the dining facility, and the overall aesthetic of the décor. I would stay here in the future. The warm cookies on arrival were a nice personal touch and tasted superb. Love the attention to detail, and comfort of their guests.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your 5 for 5 review!! Delighted!! I am pleased to see you enjoyed an exceptional stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for the positive comments about your experience while staying with us. I hope we will soon have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
San Clemente, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I've never been made to feel as if I was walking on egg shells in a hotel until the minute I stepped into this hotel. From the moment we checked in, the front desk staff was rude and made it quite obvious that they were not planning on delivering excellent, even average, customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback about your recent stay. I am very sorry and do apologize that you did not experience our usual and friendly service. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, you would consider staying with us again. I am confident that you will have a pleasant stay supported by excellent customer service. If I can be of assistance in making your next reservation, I am available to help at david.garon@hilton.com.
McKinney, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Customer service was excellent. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. They let me check in early so I could get some rest after being up for over 32 hours. I would stay here again and recommend it to any friend and family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank for so much for your 5 for 5 review. We appreciate your business. Your kind comments have already been shared with our team members. And, thank you for paying us the highest compliment possible – you would stay with us again and also recommend us to your friends and family. I hope that you will soon return to the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. If I can assist with your next reservation, I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Woodbury
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very mixed review about this hotel. Stayed here as part of a group, so I had no choice where I stayed. The positives: overall friendly staff, especially morning food service (but not totally consistent), room was a good size and generally comfortable.
Negatives: smoking! They still have a couple of rooms where smoking is allowed. If you are unfortunate enough to be located near one beware. The night I arrived, the smell got stronger and heavier as I walked down the hall to my room. It was almost bad enough where I would have needed to be moved to another room or hotel. Only bearable by keeping the air running on high in my room constantly. Room cleaning was not the most thorough between guests, the area under my desk was caked with dust. The carpet in my room needed to be cleaned, and the carpet in the halls was filthy with ground in dirt areas. Stairwells were not checked or cleaned the entire week I was there. They obviously do not have enough housecleaning staff on duty. Very often I would return at 4 pm and my room was not made. The explanation was that housekeeping runs until 5pm. This would not be tolerated at other Hilton hotels. The fitness center lacked any type of disinfecting wipes to clean the machines between uses. Even after bringing it to their attention, after 1 week no action had been taken.

In looking at the other negative reviews, my concerns are generally consistent with what others have stated. I view this as a concern with management. Many other's in my group felt the same.

Room Tip: Request a room in a different hallway than the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nursetrek
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am glad you found our team members to be friendly and your guest room comfortable. I do apologize for the problems you encountered with Housekeeping, especially the cleanliness issues. The hotel’s Housekeeping Manager has addressed the issues you have raised. Since your stay, we have completed the retaining of our team to address your concerns. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, you would choose to stay with us again. I am confident you will have a pleasant and problem-free experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of help with a reservation. My email address is david.garon@hilton.com.
Aurora, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for business several times years ago, which is why I chose it for this trip. Very sad to see that service has totally gone out the window at this hotel. I'll find a different hotel next time I need to be in this area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Debbie B
Thank you for your review and for your business. I offer my most humble apology that our service did not reach the same levels you had experienced in the past. Recently, I have personally led a number of customer service training sessions for our team members. I am confident that if you decide to stay with us again, you will see a noticeable change in the quality of our customer service. I hope you will contact me when you are in need of a reservation as I would be happy to assist. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
Denver, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The rooms were not as clean as I would have liked. Bath tub did not drain right away. Overall, the service was adequate. Shuttle service was promised, but was not recorded in the desk book for all clerks to see, so did not use the shuttle. This was for the THS 40th Reunion and there was probably at least 15 people staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. And, thank you for your and your group’s business. I am sorry and do apologize that we did not meet, nor exceed, your expectations in several areas. I have spoken with the entire team and reminded them of the importance of our attention and focus to the details. I hope that when you are again in the greater Denver area, you would consider staying with us again. I am confident you will notice the changes and improvements we have made. I am available to assist with your next reservation. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I should have reviewed this last year but I had forgotten to. We stayed here in May of 2013 to visit my wife's aunt who lives in Aurora. We opted for the breakfast package and were glad we did. The breakfast buffet was very good. The service and housekeeping were good as were the helpful people at the front desk. I would stay there again and was at a great location for us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your 5 for 5 review of your experience. I hope that when you are again visiting family, you will return to our hotel. When you are ready to make a reservation, please feel free to reach out to me directly at david.garon@hilton.com.