“Not your normal "Hilton Hotel" - don't expect much”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This location is not what you would expect from DoubleTree/Hilton Hotel. Customer service - there was NONE. Front desk workers were rude and acted as though we were bothering them by checking in. After they messed up my reservation management was beyond rude, going as far as telling me I was lying that I asked for a king size bed when I knew I was traveling with 2 adults and 3 kids. Really. After being on the phone with them 3 times they were not helpful not did they ever try to help me with the mess they created, even after other people checked out. Once at the hotel the main conversation we had with other guests as well was their lack of hospitality. My room had stains on the floor, peeling wall paper in the bath and the shower nozzle was falling out of the wall. There was a large hole cut in the ceiling in our closet. This hotel needs work to make it worth the cost along with a new staff/management to make it inviting. The general manager Erin was confrontational and unhelpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
3  Thank Deidre O
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. Hearing directly from guests is important as it tells us what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I hope you will accept my most humble apology for the unfriendly service and for the other issues and frustrations you experienced. I will promptly take the steps necessary to correct the problems you have brought to my attention. I am confident that if you return to our hotel, you would have a much improved experience. If I can be of assistance in booking a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Things were taken from our room and when reported I got the run around. Very disappointed in this hotel.
I would not recommend to anyone. Room smelled musky and old. They told us the room had been remodeled but it was shoddy workmanship and looked bad. Hotel is not in a good neighborhood.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank gphib61

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we can learn from and use to improve. I offer my most humble apology that your experience and our communication was not better. Clearly we did not meet your, nor our, expectations while you were with us. I am confident that if you were to give us another chance, you would have a better experience. I would be pleased to personally handle the details of your reservation. Feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Double Tree in July for a week. We were greeted by friendly staff, and we got some delicious cookies upon check in! The inside of the hotel is really cool- there is a lot of art on the walls and cool lights hanging from the ceiling. The beds in our room were comfortable, and cleaning service did a great job. We used the pool and the hot tub one night, and that was nice. We wished they would have had a continental breakfast, but we survived. $10 for the buffet seemed pricey for what you got. Overall, a great stay. I would recommend if you were in the area!

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review as guest comments are very important. Such feedback helps us understand what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I’m glad to see you enjoyed your stay. And, please keep in mind that we do offer packages that bundle together the guest room and breakfast into one attractive rate. I hope you will take advantage of that package when your travels being you back to this area. If I can help with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

best thing about this hotel was the free shuttle service back and forth to airport and within a 5 mile radius. It was not located in an exciting part of town but it met our needs. My husband and I were there for a tournament. Renting a car at the airport was very expensive so we thought we'd catch shuttle and then pick up car in Aurora. Well ALL RENTAL CAR PLACES IN AURORA CLOSE AT 1 PM ON WEEKENDS. We did not know this and had to rent from airport at double the price. Also keep in mind to call for shuttle service on weekend. They told us over the phone we would not need to call, shuttle runs every hour. After sitting for 1.5 hours we called and they said we needed to schedule pick up. I was pissed until I realized $50-60 for taxi. Once I realized that I shut my mouth and waited.

Room Tip: Basic hotel, no views, no real shopping off this exit. Had a good night sleep
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post the comments about your recent stay. And, thank you for your business. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to and from the Denver airport. And, yes, it is recommended that guests call the hotel after they have retrieved their luggage for a pick up. It is also recommended that reservations be made at the hotel when a ride back to the airport is needed. I hope that when you are again in the greater Denver area, you will return to our hotel. If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, please contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, both exterior and interior. Comfortable, quiet rooms. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub area and the delicious breakfast was well worth the $10 extra. The lobby area was a pleasant place to sit and wait for family members and the large windows gave it a roomy, bright atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your 5 for 5 review of the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. Your comments and your business are very much appreciated. I hope that when you are again in need of a hotel room in the greater Denver area, we will have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with your next reservation, I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed there recently thanks to some friends who gifted up a room for the night. The Staff is awesome!!!! We were greeted with friendly service. Even though we were early they did what they could to accommodate us and we got cookies!! The Lounge area in the main entrance was pretty nice as well except for the rugs, which were stained and looked in desperate need of cleaning. The indoor pool was heated, but the water was salty and looked dingy. I'm not sure if they are trying a salt water effect but it seems to need some improving. The kids had fun though they just didn't like going under water because of the salt taste you'd get on your lips. The hot tub was nice and worked great. We tried the workout room which is small but nice. All the equipment worked and they provide towels and water which is nice. The room over all was pretty nice. There was a few stains on the carpet and there isn't a whole lot of choice for TV channels. Our A/C didn't work in the room right away but one call to the staff and he came up and fixed it right away. The bed's are soft but they were comfy as were the pillows. Even though it was a double bed and small for a couple of adults we still enjoyed our sleep in them and stayed pretty comfortable though out the night. Breakfast buffet seemed pricey and not all that great. The Eggs where AWESOME, The Fruit was fresh, the muffins and other danishes were fresh as well, however the potatoes were rubbery, the bacon was a hit or miss either to crunchy or to soggy. You just have to watch your charges. You get charged for internet usage unless you are a member, and you get charged for phone calls placed to outside hotel numbers. However they do have an internet cafe in the lobby you can use and the staff is knowledgeable about local surroundings. Overall it was a pretty good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

The review of your recent stay is very much appreciated as direct guest feedback is very important. And, thank you for the compliments about our service. Our pool does contain salt water and the issue associated with the cloudy water has been addressed. Our Chef is working with his team to improve the consistency of offerings on the breakfast buffet. We have increased the frequency of guest room carpet shampooing. And, please note that we do offer packages the bundle together the guest room and/or breakfast and internet access. I hope we will soon have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with your next reservation, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com. .

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed as part of a group for business travel, so got the government rate. Check in went well, and I made arrangements to extend my stay for 2 nights after the business trip since we were expecting family to arrive in Denver and stay in our room those nights. The lobby area is very nice, and there is a restaurant. Breakfast buffet is served daily for about $15 per person. The room seemed to get too warm, then too cold, not too sure what the problem was. There is An indoor pool and jacuzzi, but we didn't use it. There are a few places to eat within walking distance, but the hotel shuttle will also take you anywhere within 5 miles. The only problem came when we went to settle our account and arrange to pay for the extra 2 days, and we were told that we could not stay in the same room with the double beds that we were promised, since none were available!! We were pretty upset, but Monica at the front desk was quite the problem solver and negotiated a great rate for us at Embassy Suites near the Denver airport, which was really better for us. She really saved the day! Would stay again,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and thank you for your business. Both are very much appreciated. I apologize for the problem regarding your reservation. We have reviewed and changed our processes so that s similar situation should not happen again. And, thank you for praising Monica. She will certainly hear your kind words. I am pleased that she was able to solve the problem and provide a solution that served you well. When your travels bring you back to this area, I hope you would consider staying with us again. I am confident you would have an enjoyable stay. If I can help with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.