“It was OK”

DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was a little bit disappointed from the old carpets in the corridors, room was clean and cleaning service was just great!!. The bad was comfortable and the TV was Super good. the AC was hard to control , so I just turd it on and Off when I did not need it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your business and for your review. We appreciate feedback from our guests as it helps us plan for changes and improvements to our hotel. I’m glad you found your guest room clean, the bed comfortable and the TV enjoyable. When you are again in need of a hotel room in the greater Denver area, I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with your reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Denver Aurora

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I tried to stay at the hotel, but they promised a shuttle that did not come. My flight was canceled at DEN and I booked the hotel through the airport accommodation's website and thought I got a great deal. When I called for the shuttle I was told it would not come for an hour and a half and it would take another 30 minutes to get to the hotel; it was 10:15pm at this point. I had to get up at 5am so it was worthless to wait. The manager offered no reduction in rate for the lack of a shuttle and would not pay for a taxi, which is about $60.

I canceled my reservation and found another hotel with a 24 hour shuttle and was in bed before the doubletree's shuttle was to arrive.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mark D

Thank you for your review and providing us with valuable feedback. I hope you will accept my apology for the problem you encountered with our complimentary airport shuttle service. While it is our standard to provide shuttle service to/from the airport every 30 minutes, on occasion, due to traffic, weather and unusual business demands, the frequency of pickups can change. However, I agree, we should have handled your situation differently. I have personally spoken with the front office team and have reminded them of our shuttle procedures when a wait for pickup is excessive. Again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience we caused you. I hope if you are again in Denver, you would consider choosing our hotel. I am confident you would enjoy a problem-free stay. If I can be of help with a reservation, I am available at david.garon@hilton. com.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This location is not what you would expect from DoubleTree/Hilton Hotel. Customer service - there was NONE. Front desk workers were rude and acted as though we were bothering them by checking in. After they messed up my reservation management was beyond rude, going as far as telling me I was lying that I asked for a king size bed when I knew I was traveling with 2 adults and 3 kids. Really. After being on the phone with them 3 times they were not helpful not did they ever try to help me with the mess they created, even after other people checked out. Once at the hotel the main conversation we had with other guests as well was their lack of hospitality. My room had stains on the floor, peeling wall paper in the bath and the shower nozzle was falling out of the wall. There was a large hole cut in the ceiling in our closet. This hotel needs work to make it worth the cost along with a new staff/management to make it inviting. The general manager Erin was confrontational and unhelpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Deidre O
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. Hearing directly from guests is important as it tells us what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I hope you will accept my most humble apology for the unfriendly service and for the other issues and frustrations you experienced. I will promptly take the steps necessary to correct the problems you have brought to my attention. I am confident that if you return to our hotel, you would have a much improved experience. If I can be of assistance in booking a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Things were taken from our room and when reported I got the run around. Very disappointed in this hotel.
I would not recommend to anyone. Room smelled musky and old. They told us the room had been remodeled but it was shoddy workmanship and looked bad. Hotel is not in a good neighborhood.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank gphib61

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we can learn from and use to improve. I offer my most humble apology that your experience and our communication was not better. Clearly we did not meet your, nor our, expectations while you were with us. I am confident that if you were to give us another chance, you would have a better experience. I would be pleased to personally handle the details of your reservation. Feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Double Tree in July for a week. We were greeted by friendly staff, and we got some delicious cookies upon check in! The inside of the hotel is really cool- there is a lot of art on the walls and cool lights hanging from the ceiling. The beds in our room were comfortable, and cleaning service did a great job. We used the pool and the hot tub one night, and that was nice. We wished they would have had a continental breakfast, but we survived. $10 for the buffet seemed pricey for what you got. Overall, a great stay. I would recommend if you were in the area!

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review as guest comments are very important. Such feedback helps us understand what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I’m glad to see you enjoyed your stay. And, please keep in mind that we do offer packages that bundle together the guest room and breakfast into one attractive rate. I hope you will take advantage of that package when your travels being you back to this area. If I can help with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

best thing about this hotel was the free shuttle service back and forth to airport and within a 5 mile radius. It was not located in an exciting part of town but it met our needs. My husband and I were there for a tournament. Renting a car at the airport was very expensive so we thought we'd catch shuttle and then pick up car in Aurora. Well ALL RENTAL CAR PLACES IN AURORA CLOSE AT 1 PM ON WEEKENDS. We did not know this and had to rent from airport at double the price. Also keep in mind to call for shuttle service on weekend. They told us over the phone we would not need to call, shuttle runs every hour. After sitting for 1.5 hours we called and they said we needed to schedule pick up. I was pissed until I realized $50-60 for taxi. Once I realized that I shut my mouth and waited.

Room Tip: Basic hotel, no views, no real shopping off this exit. Had a good night sleep
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post the comments about your recent stay. And, thank you for your business. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to and from the Denver airport. And, yes, it is recommended that guests call the hotel after they have retrieved their luggage for a pick up. It is also recommended that reservations be made at the hotel when a ride back to the airport is needed. I hope that when you are again in the greater Denver area, you will return to our hotel. If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, please contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, both exterior and interior. Comfortable, quiet rooms. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub area and the delicious breakfast was well worth the $10 extra. The lobby area was a pleasant place to sit and wait for family members and the large windows gave it a roomy, bright atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your 5 for 5 review of the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. Your comments and your business are very much appreciated. I hope that when you are again in need of a hotel room in the greater Denver area, we will have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with your next reservation, I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.