“Left a bad taste”

Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Loveland, Ohio, USA
“Left a bad taste”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was Ok. Not wonderful; not bad. It would be nice if they had room with 2 queen sized beds rather than doubles, but the beds were comfortable. There was a small bar, and lots of activity in the lobby, and the hotel was very busy. We were there for a reunion, and a breakfast buffet was included in our rate. It was good, and the service at breakfast was great! My big complaint was this: I left several really nice shirts in a drawer in the room--my fault, of course; I get that. But I called that same day and was unable to talk to anyone in housekeeping. I finally talked to someone a day and a half after we checked out. They were unable to find my things, according to the housekeeping manager. How does that happen? The items were in the drawer in the room the day before, so someone took them. I spoke with someone else in hotel management and that person double checked, so there was some effort to help. So although the hotel was OK otherwise, I would never stay there again, because someone took my things, and I can't get past that. Sorry!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your review and important feedback. I am sorry to learn of your missing items and, after a thorough review, our inability to locate them. Please have the confidence in us that we did an extensive search in an effort to find the missing shirts. Again, I’m sorry we did not find them. If I can be of further assistance on this matter, I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This Hotel smells like one big ashtray and the ac units in the room are so loud they wake you up every time they kick on. Stains on carpet everywhere and bad 70"s lounge feel. The priceline package deal made it acceptable but I would not choose it again.

Room Tip: High Floor west facing gets views of Rockies
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. While I wish you had enjoyed a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. While our team members work hard to deliver an exceptional experience to every guest, it's apparent, based on your comments, that we fell short. I apologize for our shortfalls. We can do better. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, you would consider staying with us again. I am confident you would have a pleasant experience. If I can help with a reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Clean , Nice, Quiet. I have stayed here 2 times now . I highly recommend it. The cookies where great. the hotel staff was great except for the girl at the front desk who was filling in and told us the rooms weren't ready when they obviously were as soon as the regular stall came back from break.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your 5 for 5 review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your compliments about the hotel’s cleanliness, the service and the famous DoubleTree cookie. I hope that we will soon have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with your next reservation, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I really liked this place, I think the above reviews are harsh especially about being outdated. What do you want for a good hotel that is about half the price of anything else in the area? I thought the decor was kind of coo,l 70's Art Deco-ish! My room was fine, I was especially impressed with the food and the room service prices were very reasonable. The staff was very friendly and I found it kind of charming. Parking was good nearby to shopping and restaurants. Granted I am there
for business not on vacation, but I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you so much for your 5 for 5 review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I am glad you enjoyed our service and the hotel as a whole. I hope that we will soon have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I enjoyed the hotel. For the price I was quite content. The location was great for us. Easy access to the freeway and there is a LRT station an exit or 2 down as well. The hotel is somewhat dated but I have seen much worse. Having a microwave and fridge in the room was great as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a_tribe_called_Chris
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for your business. Both are very much appreciated. I’m pleased to see you enjoyed the hotel, found it to be a good value and were content. I hope that when your travels bring you back to this area, we will have the pleasure of serving you again. If I can assist with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com
Billings
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Got stranded in Denver because of weather. Booked hotel because of free airport shuttle. Lobby was nice, check in efficient. Hallway smelled awful, was filthy. Room no better. Sheet looked like someone cleaned their car with it. TV didn't work. Smelled bad. Would never stay here or recommend to anyone. Way overpriced. Only positive was the nice bartender.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Mtruthless
Your feedback is very much appreciated. While we strive to provide every guest memorable service and facilities, it appears that we fell short of achieving our goal during your stay. I hope you can accept my apology for our failure to meet the housekeeping standards that both you and I expect from our team. I assure you that your concerns have been addressed and appropriate training and changes have already occurred. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Denver area, you would stay with us again. I am confident you would have an enjoyable stay. If I can assist with a reservation, feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is convenient to the highway system so easy to get around from here. Our rate was reasonable.

Overall, the hotel was clean but everything from the lobby to the rooms is very dated. So for a quick stop? Fine. But for a few nights, maybe look for something a little newer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your review and your comments. I’m pleased to see you found the hotel clean and your rate reasonable. Your other comments are important as well as we continually plan and make improvements to the hotel. I hope that we soon will have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.