“Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Ft Lupton, United States
“Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very nice experience and everyone was quite helpful. Could not get the key to work in our room and the desk clerk was quite wonderful at 2:30 a.m. Desk clerk was quite nice and helped me get into my room. Accommodation's were very nice, freshness and supplies in the room were very good. Since we were meeting other family member that also stayed at the hotel, the bar and social area was wonderful for meeting up and socializing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for the complimentary review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your business. I am pleased that our service and your guest room met, if not exceeded, your expectations.I hope we will soon have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with your next reservation at our hotel, I am available to help at David.Garon@hilton.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
New Ulm, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We used the shuttle service for a number of reasons. Airport, to the light rail and to nearby restaurants. The service was very good. The breakfast buffet is standard to above average. The wait staff was excellent. Room was clean.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive review of your experience. We very much appreciate your feedback! And, thank you for your compliments about our shuttle service, our service in general and the cleanliness of your guest room. I hope that when you are again in need of a hotel in the greater Denver area, you will return to our hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with a reservation, I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Made reservations by phone with the general reservation desk for Doubletree over 6 months in advance. Big mistake. When we arrived, my husband, daughter and I, we walked into our room to a king size bed. I called the front desk to tell them there must be a mistake. I confirmed two queens when I made the reservation. They basically told me they were sorry there was nothing they could do. Worst night of sleep ever. They told me to make reservations with them directly next time. There will be no next time. Breakfast is pricey, not included. Need I say more.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback as it is very important to us. I apologize for the problem you experienced with your reservation and with your stay. And, yes, if you would consider staying with us again, I would be pleased to personally handle the details of your reservation. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com. .
Nashville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I waited outside for the van to pick me up and it got there 1 Hour Late - and made me arrive late at my meeting! The check in process was long and there was a line and only one person checking in! I did receive a voucher for breakfast - which was adequate. And I got a warm cookie. And that didn't make up for my frustration and inability to recoup the information I missed at my meeting.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for your feedback. Please accept my most humble apology for the delays you experienced with our shuttle and at the front desk. What you experienced is not our usual levels of service and certainly not the impression we wish for our guests. We have reviewed our staffing patterns and made appropriate changes. I believe that a situation similar to yours should not recur. I hope that you would consider staying with us again so that we may have the opportunity for you to experience our usual standards of service. If I can assist with a reservation, please do not hesitate to call on me. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Valparaiso, Indiana, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Looking for a place to stay last minute in Aurora, Co for a Funeral Service, I could find NONE close to The AFB, and none with 2 Queen Beds, Non smoking that didn't seem to have good Trip Advisor Reviews. This one Met all criteria. Staff was AMAZINGLY helpful, with Map and Direction help, and had my room ready 1 hour early so we could be ready for the service. They allow free printing of select things from the business center, so I was able to print out subsequent mapquest directions to my next destinations. You get cookies upon checkin (Cookie care) and I blew the diet eating that delicious cookie (made up for a hideous lunch at off site restaurant!) Breakfast was included in my rate, but Upon asking was told, no I was given a different rate and no breakfast wasn't included, On checkout, found out, yea it was. It was VERY good. Service from ALL staff was exceptional. Again, my big complaint, Room wasn't vacuumed well, And that is only reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5. Also because I never DID get that email confirmation on my reservation, and wondered on my 19hour drive over night whether or not I'd have a place to stay! Great job though!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your business. I’m glad to see we met, if not exceeded, your expectations in most areas. I have already reminded the housekeeping team to be more thorough when vacuuming our guest rooms. When your travels bring you back to this area, I hope you will choose to stay with us again. A cookie with your name on it will be waiting. Please feel free to contact me if I can help with your reservation. I am available at David.Garon@Hilton.com.
Loveland, Ohio, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was Ok. Not wonderful; not bad. It would be nice if they had room with 2 queen sized beds rather than doubles, but the beds were comfortable. There was a small bar, and lots of activity in the lobby, and the hotel was very busy. We were there for a reunion, and a breakfast buffet was included in our rate. It was good, and the service at breakfast was great! My big complaint was this: I left several really nice shirts in a drawer in the room--my fault, of course; I get that. But I called that same day and was unable to talk to anyone in housekeeping. I finally talked to someone a day and a half after we checked out. They were unable to find my things, according to the housekeeping manager. How does that happen? The items were in the drawer in the room the day before, so someone took them. I spoke with someone else in hotel management and that person double checked, so there was some effort to help. So although the hotel was OK otherwise, I would never stay there again, because someone took my things, and I can't get past that. Sorry!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and important feedback. I am sorry to learn of your missing items and, after a thorough review, our inability to locate them. Please have the confidence in us that we did an extensive search in an effort to find the missing shirts. Again, I’m sorry we did not find them. If I can be of further assistance on this matter, I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Medellin, Colombia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This Hotel smells like one big ashtray and the ac units in the room are so loud they wake you up every time they kick on. Stains on carpet everywhere and bad 70"s lounge feel. The priceline package deal made it acceptable but I would not choose it again.

Room Tip: High Floor west facing gets views of Rockies
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. While I wish you had enjoyed a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. While our team members work hard to deliver an exceptional experience to every guest, it's apparent, based on your comments, that we fell short. I apologize for our shortfalls. We can do better. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, you would consider staying with us again. I am confident you would have a pleasant experience. If I can help with a reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.