“Lousy”

Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Crestone
“Lousy”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went there right after my wife's surgery, as a place for getting away from world and to comfortably relax and let her heal. Though I am a Hilton Honors member they still charged me $5 for internet - and then tried to get me to pay it again 2 hours before check out. We asked the housekeeper in the hall the first morning to clean our room while we went down to breakfast - no problem she said. Then returned to find room not cleaned - she said it was someone else's room to clean (could have given us that crappy excuse at beginning so we could have called for assistance). Room was very uncomfortable - no where easy to sit or watch TV. Staff was very snooty - all except restaurant folks who were nice. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Dick L
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
First of all, I hope your wife has fully recovered from her surgery. I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation. We do offer packages that bundle together the guest room and breakfast and/or internet access into one reasonable rate. Please accept my apology for the lack of follow through by our room attendant to honor your request to have your room cleaned. I have spoken with our Housekeeping team and I am confident that, in the future, a request similar to yours will be promptly fulfilled. While I understand you did not enjoy your stay, I hope you have the confidence in us that we have taken your comments to heart and we can do better. I hope you would consider staying with us again. I would be pleased to personally handle your reservation. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com. .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
mesa, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our visit with Doubldree was very very nice and quite relaxing because of our agenda however, Having to hold the toilet handle down in hopes that the toilet would flush was quite bad. AND it filled with toilet water to the brim of the toilet itself. The ceiling texture over the shower and tub is falling apart and needs to be repainted and or textured. Room number 427 over by the writing table or desk on the carpet...there is gum, has been on there quite awhile but still sticky. The room cleaners should've been noticing this long ago. These little things add up especially when you're having to pay quite a bit for a room. As for the bed, it was great, the linens were fantastic as well as the pillows. I look forward to staying with Doubletree again when traveling.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay and for your business. The feedback is very much appreciated. And, while I am disappointed you encountered several deficiencies in your guest room, please be assured that the hotel’s Engineering and Housekeeping teams have already made a thorough review of your guest room and have addressed the issues you brought to our attention. And, thank you for your loyalty to DoubleTree by Hilton. If I can help with another reservation at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora, I am available to assist at david.garon@hilton.com.
Ft Lupton, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very nice experience and everyone was quite helpful. Could not get the key to work in our room and the desk clerk was quite wonderful at 2:30 a.m. Desk clerk was quite nice and helped me get into my room. Accommodation's were very nice, freshness and supplies in the room were very good. Since we were meeting other family member that also stayed at the hotel, the bar and social area was wonderful for meeting up and socializing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the complimentary review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your business. I am pleased that our service and your guest room met, if not exceeded, your expectations.I hope we will soon have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with your next reservation at our hotel, I am available to help at David.Garon@hilton.com.
New Ulm, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We used the shuttle service for a number of reasons. Airport, to the light rail and to nearby restaurants. The service was very good. The breakfast buffet is standard to above average. The wait staff was excellent. Room was clean.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive review of your experience. We very much appreciate your feedback! And, thank you for your compliments about our shuttle service, our service in general and the cleanliness of your guest room. I hope that when you are again in need of a hotel in the greater Denver area, you will return to our hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. If I can assist with a reservation, I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Made reservations by phone with the general reservation desk for Doubletree over 6 months in advance. Big mistake. When we arrived, my husband, daughter and I, we walked into our room to a king size bed. I called the front desk to tell them there must be a mistake. I confirmed two queens when I made the reservation. They basically told me they were sorry there was nothing they could do. Worst night of sleep ever. They told me to make reservations with them directly next time. There will be no next time. Breakfast is pricey, not included. Need I say more.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback as it is very important to us. I apologize for the problem you experienced with your reservation and with your stay. And, yes, if you would consider staying with us again, I would be pleased to personally handle the details of your reservation. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com. .
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I waited outside for the van to pick me up and it got there 1 Hour Late - and made me arrive late at my meeting! The check in process was long and there was a line and only one person checking in! I did receive a voucher for breakfast - which was adequate. And I got a warm cookie. And that didn't make up for my frustration and inability to recoup the information I missed at my meeting.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for your feedback. Please accept my most humble apology for the delays you experienced with our shuttle and at the front desk. What you experienced is not our usual levels of service and certainly not the impression we wish for our guests. We have reviewed our staffing patterns and made appropriate changes. I believe that a situation similar to yours should not recur. I hope that you would consider staying with us again so that we may have the opportunity for you to experience our usual standards of service. If I can assist with a reservation, please do not hesitate to call on me. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Valparaiso, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Looking for a place to stay last minute in Aurora, Co for a Funeral Service, I could find NONE close to The AFB, and none with 2 Queen Beds, Non smoking that didn't seem to have good Trip Advisor Reviews. This one Met all criteria. Staff was AMAZINGLY helpful, with Map and Direction help, and had my room ready 1 hour early so we could be ready for the service. They allow free printing of select things from the business center, so I was able to print out subsequent mapquest directions to my next destinations. You get cookies upon checkin (Cookie care) and I blew the diet eating that delicious cookie (made up for a hideous lunch at off site restaurant!) Breakfast was included in my rate, but Upon asking was told, no I was given a different rate and no breakfast wasn't included, On checkout, found out, yea it was. It was VERY good. Service from ALL staff was exceptional. Again, my big complaint, Room wasn't vacuumed well, And that is only reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5. Also because I never DID get that email confirmation on my reservation, and wondered on my 19hour drive over night whether or not I'd have a place to stay! Great job though!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your business. I’m glad to see we met, if not exceeded, your expectations in most areas. I have already reminded the housekeeping team to be more thorough when vacuuming our guest rooms. When your travels bring you back to this area, I hope you will choose to stay with us again. A cookie with your name on it will be waiting. Please feel free to contact me if I can help with your reservation. I am available at David.Garon@Hilton.com.