“Unable to cool the room, and worst WiFi ever” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Denver International Airport

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unable to cool the room, and worst WiFi ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Near DEN/DIA with shuttle to the airport, but the first room I was in, could never get the temperature down to reasonable levels (and yes, I did bring this to the attention of staff). And worst of all, the WiFi was free, but I haven't seen connections that bad since dial-up. Breakfast was cereal, coffee, juice with no easy breakfast nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Aarhus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

The first impressions of Sleep Inn were the filled parking lot and the small room. Using the room did not make it better. There was a crack in the sink. The door to the bathroom was a sliding door directly beside the bed, so every sound was very hearable. OK for a single person but not for a couple.
The internet connection was free, but very slow.
The breakfast was below average.
Considering the number of hotels near Denver Airport I would not select this one if I ever were to return to Colorado.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Had an early morning flight out, and just beware this hotel is still a good 15 min drive to DEN. It was clean but definitely not the best accomodations ever. Parking was a challenge. The toiletries are re-used and from other hotels, but for $60 its hard to complain.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

The complimentary airport shuttle was my primary factor in section of this motel & the complimentary breakfast was a plus too. Several restaurants and a 7-11 are within easy walking distance.
The nearby Enterprise car rental was the trifecta.
We stayed here at the beginning & end of our trip.

• Stayed July 2013
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very clean. Very quiet, convenient, with a polite and helpful front desk. The gal running the breakfast room was beyond fantastic. Ultra clean and set up over a half hour early for folks catching an early flight out. Check out her condiments baskets....

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor it was quiet.
Spicewood, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I’m a weekly business traveler and I’ve been loyal to this hotel chain for 12 years, but my allegiance is about to be reevaluated.
When I checked in on July 18th, the desk agent could not find my reservation and told me I had no-showed on a July 13th reservation. Well, July 13th was last Saturday, and I was at home, in Texas. I flew to Denver on the 15th. This is the second time the Choice Hotels online reservation system has changed my arrival and departure date without my knowledge. There’s something wrong with their system that causes the reservation dates change. I have been burned one time before, but that particular hotel was kind enough to apply my no-show charge to my stay upon check-in. Since then, I have been meticulously checking the dates in the Choice Hotel system so this doesn’t happen again, and I’ve had to change several dates during the on-screen process. But the dates did change; this substandard hotel would not apply the no-show charge, so I paid double. They told me to call Choice Hotels, which I did, and spoke with a terrible analyst who cared little about my problem. She said they would ‘investigate and look at a screen shot of my reservation page to determine the displayed date when I hit the confirm button. I expected her to apologize, call the hotel and issue a credit, not question my integrity. Choice Hotels has an extremely second-rate customer relations department and their online support is typically and consistently non-responsive.
Well, that’s my Choice Hotels gripe, and now I would like to encourage anyone who is considering booking this hotel to stay away.
• The front desk agent was not sympathetic to my reservation date change predicament. There was only one room left, and it was not the type of room I had reserved.
• The parking here is grossly insufficient. Cars were creatively parked everywhere, including grassy areas.
• The internet service was unusable. It was dial-up slow. I lost an entire evening of productivity. Impossible downloads, and extremely slow operation. I called the front desk. They told me something had been reset, and to try it in a few minutes. That was a useless call because the system’s speed never improved, and I knew her reply was bogus. For $129 per night, you would think the internet service would be functional.
• They have old CRT TVs. Now, I never watch TV, have no use for it except for a few football games during the season, so it didn’t matter to me what kind of TV they had. But for $129 per night, they should have modern TVs.
• The next morning, I went down to the lobby for coffee. I’m a coffee snob, so I had already lowered my expectations. The coffee had a nice aroma, but was very weak. Yuk. I poured it out. No problem, I’ll just go back to my room and brew some stronger stuff. No coffee maker in the room. For $129 per night, I expect the room to have a coffee maker.
• When I checked out, the desk agent never smiled or asked me how my stay was. Choice Hotels needs a customer service makeover.
I am a customer service representative for a large corporation, and have been for 29 years. I get it, and I still respond to every customer the same way I did 29 years ago. Choice Hotels must have more customers than they need because they sure don’t foster any repeat business with their attitude.
Find a different hotel if you are in the Denver Airport area.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was a little hesitant about staying here because of other reviews, but it was convenient and not too costly. I had been stuck at the airport for 2 days, looking at one more. I needed a hotel, and this fit the bill fine. The room was clean and I had two queen beds although I only needed one. The area was nice enough to walk in. The staff was extremely organized and used a system of ledgers and highlighters to make sure that everything requested and needed was done. My bone of contention was the breakfast. Breakfast begins at 6 a.m. Several of us were leaving on the 6:30 a.m. shuttle to the airport. The breakfast staff just arrived at 6 a.m. So while they were setting up and making coffee, everyone was reaching around trying to get something to eat because of the time limit. Staff need to have everything SET UP and done at 6 a.m. Also, no pool. There were several kids and teens there that seemed to have nothing to. Sign said they were renovating for ADA purposes. Not wise during the main swim season. How many people are disabled that expect a pool to be compliant during a quick stay? The shuttles were provided and convenient. However, one had no air (opting to run the fan blowing hot air) and a huge crack across the window. He offered us a bottle of cold water. Then after everyone had the water he made sure that we knew he purchased that water out of his own pocket. Nothing like feeling like you had to tip plus. Second shuttle was a little better but had a crack across the window also. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Only the handicap rooms have a tub, so if that is something you want you will have to request one.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Denver International Airport
Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!