“Econo Lodge - 3 out of 5 stars”

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here in 2012 when this property was a Sleep Inn. As of January 2014, it is an Econo. They both fall under the Choice family of hotels. I noticed the airport shuttle is now shared and runs every 20 minutes. That's a large improvement, as the previous shuttle was on-demand. I can't speak for the breakfast as I had an early flight. For lunch or dinner, the front desk has coupons for nearby eateries (a Mexican place, Outback Steakhouse, and Applebee's). There is a 7-11 convenience store within reasonable walking distance. The rooms need updating. The indoor pool was closed when I was there. The staff & shuttle get five stars. Overall, this property gets three stars. I would not rule out staying here again. Keep in mind, this is the lowest priced DIA airport-area hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 April 2014

With torrential rain lashing the Rockies Front and the "Biblical Flood" closing highways one after the other, it was unlikely that Colorado Jim would be able to drive me from Nederland to the Denver airport in time to catch my early morning flight. By staying at this motel in Aurora the night before, I was able to make it to the airport without any problem.

The thing that was most vital to me was the airport shuttle, so I made my reservation for the shuttle when I registered and then checked back to make sure I was on the list for the departure time I had requested. The next morning I dressed and packed early, then went to the lobby entrance well before the scheduled departure time. Getting in line early proved well worth the trouble, since the shuttle had been overbooked for the time slot I needed. The shuttle ran a little late, but the trip to the airport was uneventful and I had plenty of time to catch my flight.

Not incidentally, the desk clerk was polite and helpful, and the first floor room I stayed in was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The room rate was gentle on my wallet, too. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Small cozy rooms, great use of the space. I used this hotel to stay away from the pricey downtown Denver market after my flight in and before my flight out of Denver. The staff is friendly and rooms clean. The carpets even looked like they are vacuumed!
It is about a $35 (2014 USD) drive from the downtown area and next to the interstate so a little bit of noise. Restaurants and convenience stores nearby.

Room Tip: Hotel faces East and West, both sides catch the interstate noise. Come early, the parking fills fas...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Got an online special on Hotwire for $55/night, and the room was great for the price. Clean spacious rooms, hot water, air conditioning. No complaints for a night enroute thru DIA, other than the walls were REALLY thin. Luckily for us, everyone must have had early flights and it was quiet through the night. Stay/Park/Fly rates are available here as well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

So, this is a Sleep Inn near DIA. We're not talking luxury, either expected or delivered. I paid $58, and for that got a reasonable room, a standard budget hotel continental breakfast, and a shuttle to the airport. It is a 5-minute walk to a couple standard chain restaurants.

The staff was courteous and did what I needed them to do - check me in, give me a room, and sign me up for the shuttle.

If you just need to stay near DIA, this place works just fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Best room for the price I have ever stayed in. I payed less than 60 dollars and could not have been more pleased. Minutes from airport, clean rooms, friendly service. My Fiance and I were both very pleased and found it well worth our money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Travis H
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit us the next time you are in our area. Thank you again and safe travels.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This property was undergoing a name/management change when we stayed there January 22. When we returned on Jan 27, it appears to have been completed. I was waiting to write this review under the new property name but since it does not yet appear, I am writing it under the Sleep Inn. It appears they are still advertising and booking under the Sleep Inn name.

We had stayed at the Sleep Inn before on a Stay and Park package. The weather forecast was for snow the night before we were leaving for Puerta Vallarta so we decided to come into Denver and stay there again the night before our flight. The Stay and Park package was not available but the room rate was good and they were asking for only $5 per day to leave the car.

The hotel was in the middle of the name (ownership) change. The rooms and amenities were the same except for the small indoor pool that nobody used and was closed and covered up so it was not visible. The toilets sounded like a freight train when they were flushed and the individual room HVAC units were also noisy. We shut ours off but every few minutes it would come on by itself, probably to prevent freezing. The TVs were the old big boxes.

Breakfast was barely a continental breakfast and was not available until 6AM. If you have a flight before 8AM, don't plan on having anything to eat but there are coffee makers in the rooms.

Sleep Inn had their own shuttles to the airport but EconoLodge has another company running the shuttles. I think they were running every 20 minutes early in the morning. Econolodge was the first stop and our shuttle made 3 or 4 more pickups before going to the terminal. It took about 25 minutes. Coming back, we had to wait about 15 minutes and then it made numerous stops at the Tower Road Hotels before finally bringing us to our car about 30 minutes after we finally left the airport.

EconoLodge was a good value compared to the other options but you paid for it with time and inconvenience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple