“worse hotel ever!”

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed only for 1 night in March to catch an early flight the next day. At the time we booked it, it was still a Sleep Inn, but at our arrival we noticed that the hotel name had been erased from the wall. Now it is a poor Econolodge with old rooms, almost transparent bed linen. A paltry continental breakfast is served in the lobby area. A musty smell is all over. Avoid it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Miriam K
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I have shared your comments with our General Manager to insure your experience is not repeated by another valued guest. Thank you again we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Needs updating. Elevator has been out for several days. Since I was handicapped there was no handicappe room available on the first floor. The front desk lady didn't seem to want to help me get to the second floor or try to find me a room on the first floor. She just said o well. A nice man help me with my luggage. The rooms are small and very little insulation between the walls. Very basic interior. The free breakfast is very basic. Starts at 6am. I had a early flight so didn't get to eat anything. Will not stay there or recommend it to others.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Geoege D

Dear valued guest, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered while staying at our hotel. We hope you will reconsider staying with us again and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here in 2012 when this property was a Sleep Inn. As of January 2014, it is an Econo. They both fall under the Choice family of hotels. I noticed the airport shuttle is now shared and runs every 20 minutes. That's a large improvement, as the previous shuttle was on-demand. I can't speak for the breakfast as I had an early flight. For lunch or dinner, the front desk has coupons for nearby eateries (a Mexican place, Outback Steakhouse, and Applebee's). There is a 7-11 convenience store within reasonable walking distance. The rooms need updating. The indoor pool was closed when I was there. The staff & shuttle get five stars. Overall, this property gets three stars. I would not rule out staying here again. Keep in mind, this is the lowest priced DIA airport-area hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

With torrential rain lashing the Rockies Front and the "Biblical Flood" closing highways one after the other, it was unlikely that Colorado Jim would be able to drive me from Nederland to the Denver airport in time to catch my early morning flight. By staying at this motel in Aurora the night before, I was able to make it to the airport without any problem.

The thing that was most vital to me was the airport shuttle, so I made my reservation for the shuttle when I registered and then checked back to make sure I was on the list for the departure time I had requested. The next morning I dressed and packed early, then went to the lobby entrance well before the scheduled departure time. Getting in line early proved well worth the trouble, since the shuttle had been overbooked for the time slot I needed. The shuttle ran a little late, but the trip to the airport was uneventful and I had plenty of time to catch my flight.

Not incidentally, the desk clerk was polite and helpful, and the first floor room I stayed in was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The room rate was gentle on my wallet, too. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Small cozy rooms, great use of the space. I used this hotel to stay away from the pricey downtown Denver market after my flight in and before my flight out of Denver. The staff is friendly and rooms clean. The carpets even looked like they are vacuumed!
It is about a $35 (2014 USD) drive from the downtown area and next to the interstate so a little bit of noise. Restaurants and convenience stores nearby.

Room Tip: Hotel faces East and West, both sides catch the interstate noise. Come early, the parking fills fas...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Got an online special on Hotwire for $55/night, and the room was great for the price. Clean spacious rooms, hot water, air conditioning. No complaints for a night enroute thru DIA, other than the walls were REALLY thin. Luckily for us, everyone must have had early flights and it was quiet through the night. Stay/Park/Fly rates are available here as well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

So, this is a Sleep Inn near DIA. We're not talking luxury, either expected or delivered. I paid $58, and for that got a reasonable room, a standard budget hotel continental breakfast, and a shuttle to the airport. It is a 5-minute walk to a couple standard chain restaurants.

The staff was courteous and did what I needed them to do - check me in, give me a room, and sign me up for the shuttle.

If you just need to stay near DIA, this place works just fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Denver International Airport
Days Inn & Suites Denver International Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Denver International Airport

Address: 15900 E 40th Ave, Aurora, CO 80011-0804 (Formerly Sleep Inn Denver International Airport)
Region: United States > Colorado > Aurora
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Price Range: £58 - £83 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Denver International Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Econo Lodge Denver International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sleep Inn Denver International Airport Hotel Aurora