“Another very pleasant experience!”

Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Colorado
“Another very pleasant experience!”
Reviewed 11 April 2009

I stay at this hotel almost every time I fly out of Denver. The service is almost always fantastic. This time was no different. For that late hour that I arrived, the front desk staff was super friendly, upbeat, and helpful. They were more than willing to help recommend a place that would deliver food at such a late hour as well. The room was clean and quiet and the bed very comfortable. The shuttle to the airport makes this place a no brainer for the park and fly. Compared to other hotels a little closer to the airport off of Tower Road, the rates are well worth the extra 5 minutes in the shuttle. Once again, a great experience at the Sleep Inn DIA.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
nebraska
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We stayed at this hotel and did the stay and park . we took a trip for christmas and where gone a week when we got back to CO, we found are vehicle had been broken into, then we found out that it happened the day we left, and the hotel had are contact numbers but did not contact us telling us it took them a week to find are vehicle had been broken into, even when there drivers make trips around the parking lot, they all missed the broken glass all over around are vehicle, and all they could say is sorry but we didn't know so we didn't call you, so inturn we had to try and find a way to fix a window at 4:00 pm on a saturday when we had a 7 hour drive to get home. the only good thing i can say about are stay is the police officers where very nice, when they came out and took a report on the break in.

• Liked — the room was ok
  • Disliked — are vehicle was broken in to and the staff unhelpful
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Tiptree, England
Reviewed 20 August 2008

We were put in this hotel by United airlines due to our flight being cancelled. It was ok. Frankly we were so exhausted a clean room was all that was needed. The shuttle buses to the airport only leave every hour and this is a bit tricky, we ended up being at the airport too early and had to miss the breakfast at the hotel as it wasn't put out 'til later. Other than that our shower and toilet had no door to it so its just as well privacy wasn't a huge issue for us.

Stayed July 2008
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2008

My husband and I ended up at this hotel by chance while driving out of Denver. It was one of those late-night arrivals where you just want a bed before hitting the road again. We hadn't read or heard any reviews about this hotel, and after having just read the ones below I'm actually kind of glad we hadn't heard anything because we enjoyed our room. For only $70 it was a good night's sleep and adequate breakfast. We were put in room 343. It was the most basic room available - one queen bed, no extras (i.e. no fridge or microwave), and it was very small. The smoke detector was fine. The t.v. was a normal color. Carpet, walls, bathroom, and furniture all looked clean. The door to the shower stall closed great and the shower itself was clean and hot, but it would have been nice to have more shelves inside it. I do agree that the sliding bathroom door didn't close all the way, but ours wasn't broken. We turned the fan on during the night and didn't hear anything, not even the traffic/parking lot right outside the window. The next morning, with the fan off, we could hear talking in the hallway and housekeeping noises, though. So I guess the key factor is to turn on the fan. The free breakfast was a little more than I expected for this price. The choices were: bagels, Pop-tarts, danishes, 5-6 different types of cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, and the normal beverages. It was basic, but I thought it was nice that EVERYTHING was packaged, even the bagels. This made it easy to bring items back to the room for my husband (especially the milk being in a carton) or take them on the road for later. The breakfast area also has a large meal vending machine with items like Cup-of-Noodles for sale. The eating area had more tables than pricer hotels I've been at and the staff was very quick to re-stock (even re-stocking up to the last minute of breakfast hours). We had almost no interaction with staff, although at check-in they did seem to be laughing at how tired I was. Basically, the front desk staff seemed indifferent but very efficient, but like I said we had almost no interaction. We were offered a wake-up call, but declined. We didn't use or even see the pool. We didn't take the shuttle, since we were driving cross-country instead of flying. The parking lot seemed a little too small for the amount of guests, but we eventually found a spot at the very far end. The elevator up to the third floor was indeed slow, but no slower than the others we experienced (for twice the price) throughout Colorado. We didn't see any signs of renovations, so they must be done. The free internet access in the room was nice. All in all, I'd recommend this hotel as a basic night's sleep. It was a good, low-cost stop before tackling the sparsely populated drive across eastern Colorado and Kansas. $70 was priced just right, in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 12 February 2008

We stayed one pre-flight night at this property in Jan. 2008, only to be stuck in a room with a magenta-tinged TV screen (and no way to adjust it!), and they failed to give us our wake-up call the next morning! We gave the hotel one last try two weeks later (and was quoted $30 higher than our previous stay ("the rates went up") - only to have a GREEN-tinged TV screen and a broken telephone - so again, no wake-up call. When we flew back into Denver, it took 45 minutes for their shuttle to come and get us at the airport. We usually like to scrimp on pre-flight hotels, but next time, will definitely pay the extra for a decent property. This hotel is just ridiculously inadequate - and the staff is not very personable, either.

Stayed February 2008
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 January 2008

Your typical hotel with one major difference. The walls/floors/ceilings are poorly designed such that you can hear every move everybody makes, all night long! I'm sure the people above us were up with a crying baby, which you normally would never hear in a regular hotel. However, it sounded like someone was stomping across the floor all night!!!! The earliest shuttle to the hotel runs before breakfast is put out...bummer. Plus, the shuttles don't run often enough...we arrived ridiculously early, but if we would've waited for the next shuttle, we would have been scrambling to make our flight. However, I would like to say that the shuttle drivers are very nice...we were walking down the street to an Applebee's (kind of a long walk in the freezing cold.. a couple of blocks). He saw us and pulled over to give us a ride. Awesome. There are probably hotels closer to more restaurants as well as to the actual airport. I would look elsewhere next time!

• Liked — shuttle drivers were very nice
  • Disliked — random noises that occurred all night long and kept us awake..staff seemed not to care when we mentioned it to them
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
Wyoming and Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2008

The Sleep Inn DIA is a nice option for staying near the Denver International Airport, since it's cheaper than most of the other hotels, but is still new.

Our room had a sliding door to the bathroom, which took us five minutes to slide closed, since the pull-tab had broken on it, and it was slightly off its track. The toilet did not flush properly. The smoke detector was dangling by its cords from the ceiling. The glass door to the standing shower did not close, and thus flooded the bathroom.

Unfortunately, the management also seems to be rather lacking. At my stay there on Dec 14, I accidentally left my digital camera charger and battery plugged into the wall in our room.

The next day I realized it, and called the hotel from New York, giving them my room number and a description. I was told to call back when the manager was there, as the desk worker knew nothing about it.

When I returned to Denver, I stopped at the hotel to reclaim the charger. Again, I was told that I had to come back when the manager was there. Only after I nagged did she agree to leave a message for him. I wrote down my name, phone number, address, the date of my stay, the room in which I stayed, a description of my battery and charger, a diagram...

After not hearing from the manager for two days, I called and managed to actually talk to this elusive manager himself. He said that he had not received my written message, nor did he have my items.

I called Sony and was able to buy replacements, which totaled $119.96. Of course, the hotel doesn't cover items which are 'lost or stolen', and when I suggested it to the manager (knowing what his answer would be anyway, I didn't think it could hurt at this point..) he very clearly said no way and hung up.

So in short, yes, I shouldn't have left my items in the room, however the staff and management were a great deal less than helpful in its recovery. I will not be staying at the Sleep Inn DIA again.

(Just for the record, when my sister left her cell phone charger in the room at a hotel in Dallas, TX, they were very obliging and happily helped us retrieve it when we came back for it a month later!)

• Liked — location, price
  • Disliked — quality of room maintainance, willingness of staff/management to be helpful
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Airport Gateway Park
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Lexington Inn & Suites - Denver Airport at Gateway Park
Residence Inn Denver Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!