“Avoid LaQuinta Aurora”

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Aurora, United States
“Avoid LaQuinta Aurora”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Ants in room, wi-fi didn't work, room smelled, rude front desk when we departed. We would have left that night but it was late and we needed the rest before catching a plane. We had military pre-reservations before driving to Denver to catch a plane and attend a business meeting. Check in was slow but we were able to get into the room. After getting our room, I noticed ants on the nightstand - I killed about 10 ants before tearing the place apart looking for more and spraying a bit of juice I carry in the truck. Next we tried wifi only to not be able to get hooked up. We called tech support (they tried to get wifi going for us for over an hour). We got a case number and hung up. Never worked and now was even later at night. The room smells like a previous smokers room converted. Fail Went to check out in the AM, stood by the front desk for 10 minutes, then went over to the lady staffing up the breakfast bar (she had ignored us the whole time). Asked if we could get checked out - she then turned asked if we needed to check out. Yes Be over in a few minutes, after a few minutes, I told her here are the keys and left them on the desk and departed. I needed to catch my plane. Seriously Breakfast setup is more important than customer response.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

3 Thank Donald T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Pasadena, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great price. Toilet and shower needed maintenance. The toilet almost overflowed, then ran and ran and ran. Had to jiggle the broken handle to make it stop. Outside walkways were dirty. Breakfast was boring. ok if you like only carbs. Staff was ok, but too busy to help sometimes.

5 Thank Sharon W
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I rated this hotel very low because they had very smokey non-smoking rooms. I was with family so we actually had 4 rooms and they all smelled very strong. We had already paid for several nights for each of the 4 rooms so it would have been expensive to move. When I reported it, he guy did say that it "shouldn't smell cause it's non-smoking" and offered to move us. I told him if one room smelled, I'd understand it was a fluke. However, all 4 rooms were bad. Also, my room had little pebbles/rocks on the floor when we checked in so a sign of not being cleaned. We left them there for a test and guess what - never moved. Cleaning service emptied trash and made beds - that's all. Great location for everything we had planned, but will definitely stay at a different hotel next time. There were many nearby to choose from.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Raton, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My truck was broken into. The driver's side window smashed. It was Christmas Eve Day. The staff did nothing to help except hand me a phone book (after I asked) They could not help me directions after I finally found a business that could replace the window. I drove 20 minutes in below 20 degree weather with no window. After staying at the hotel for 6 days, they could have at least credited me one night. However, everyone looked the other way as I tried desperately to find some place to replace the window before it completely ruined my grand daughter's Christmas.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2014

came to town for 2 days, checked in early and room was waiting for me, hotel was clean and convienent to shopping and restaurants, staff was friendly and helpful as on the day I left I encountered an unexpected snowstorm.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Aurora, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

good price, very close to UCH medical center, and friendly staff. Internet isn't very reliable. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to be in Denver for medical treatment. They give a reduced medical rate. The staff is always very helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Brush, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Electrical outlets; only part working, that is usual with this company. They were out of most breakfast items. No fruit, only had 5 cups of yogurt left, no selection of cereal, the OJ was watery, needed refilled; less than 1 loaf of bread, no other pastries or muffins or bagels avail. It's always someone else's fault. Security is an issue on South Side of this motel. A lot of drugs, druggies around. Not a good situation. Very noisy all night long.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo