“A nice place to start our honeymoon”

Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Camparada, Italy
“A nice place to start our honeymoon”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This hotel is a nice place where you can find a bed to sleep, a coffee-machine and some towels, a mini-fridge and a pretty big shower! If you want you can cook in the room but don't forget your showergel or shampoo because they give you just a face-soap! There isn't an hair -dryer and no brakfast in the morning but there is free wi-fi! It's near the airport so it's really convenient!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EttEle
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Let me start by saying congratulationson your wedding! Thank you for beginning your honeymoon at our hotel and to also take the time to write such wonderful things about your experience with us.  We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month.  It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The staff at this property are efficient, fast & cross trained! kudos!! Enjoyed my stay. A+

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Thanks again.
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The front desk agent was very nice and tried to make it a pleasant stay, but the room ruined that. Felt like a fleabag place with transients in stir. Stayed for an hour and then made arrangements elsewhere. Not much to do or see on the outskirts of Denver. Go to the mountains instead. Good for a layover @ DIA w/ shuttle from Crowne Plaza accross the hwy.

Room Tip: Small and sparse rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2011

So, I booked a hotel on a website that doesn't tell you the hotel until after you pay. I wanted a safe, cheap place close to the Denver Airport. However, I paid for a room at ended up being this place and I didn't even spend the entire night...I'll explain...

Before you even get to this hotel, you see a sign warning you that a correctional facility is nearby and not to pick up hitchhikers. The hotel has all exterior corridors and very seedy looking people hang out in the parking lot. Whether they are actually staying there, who knows. It appears to be a flop house for people who have been kicked out of their apartments or just released from the jail down the street. In the lobby, the clerk checked me in but then proceeded to tell the entire, packed with creepy people lobby my room number and how to get to my room. First of all, you are never to announce a room number, but the calibre of people in the lobby made me fearful and I have traveled in some sketchy areas...My room was located on the ground floor, in a section of the hotel that faced away from the main area. Also, another unsafe situation as far as I was concerned.

The room was supposed to be a queen but that bed was at most a full (although it looked like a fat twin). The smell in the room was burnt food and an overpowering air freshener stench. There was a very small kitchette along the back wall with a sink, fridge, microwave and a two-burner cooktop. The bath had only a shower. Aside from a small table and a TV stand, there was no other furniture in the room. It was grim and felt very unsafe. I tried to get comfortable but failed miserably. Finally, around 10pm, I left, forfeiting my night's stay and went to stay somewhere else where I felt safe and in a clean room. I would NOT recommend this hotel under any circumstances.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank lakeflyer
New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2011

There were a ton of flies in the room, old noodles left in the sick and the place looked like it had not been cleaned in days. We were put in a smoking room, when we specifically asked for non-smoking (a hotels.com error) and were told there were no more non-smoking rooms available. If it had not been close to midnight, we would have looked for another place to stay. The hotel is cheap and very close to the airport, but it would have been worth spending more money and getting more acceptable conditions!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

This is a basic motel that had a clean room.
However the walkways and hallways were dirty and needed to be painted. There is no wake up service so be sure to set the alarm and make sure it works if you have to be up early (there is a clock in the room). Internet is available for $5/day. Access to the stairs and elevator is thru a closed area, that my wife and I thought could be very unsafe, especially at night. Note this motel is about a 15 minute drive to Denver Airport. Kelly in office was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed for 3 nights.
The rooms were clean the parking was good.
Staff were good and Victoria was great.
Only downside NO wifi
there is wifi here but we couldn't get it in our room . Which is. Pain as we are travellibv across the USA and need to plan stuff .
We had to drive to local mcdonalds for wifi.
The people before had the same problem as the answer phone in our room had messages saying there were trying to fix it.
It's Very POOR that the people before and us for 3 days have NO wifi .

• Stayed June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
WoodSpring Suites Aurora Denver Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Airport Gateway Park
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr

Been to Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora? Share your experiences!