“You get what you pay for.”

Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Pros: Location is excellent with easy freeway access and a 15 minute drive to the airport. Walmart and Safeway grocery stores within a mile. Close dining and gas stations. Plenty of parking space and clean exterior. Kitchenette was clean well stocked.

Cons: I was a guest for 30 days. In those 30 days I had 2 days without hot water. 3+ nights without wifi. And 2 weeks without housekeeping. Pillows and sheets smelled like an old baseball cap. No bleach is used in the laundry process if there is its not enough. So plan on a shower in the morning cause you smell like you've worked All day when you wake up. High traffic carpet was filthy. Bathroom sink had no water pressure. Cable channels were very limited. And not that the hotel can help this but some o the neighbors were extremely loud.

So like I said, you get what you pay for. Don't expect any bells or whistles, if you are expecting a lot out of your dollar you will be dissappointed. But if your looking for value, and affordable accommodations this place will be fine. The ceiling doesn't leak so you'll stay dry!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank GettinZees
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Crosssland Economy Studio, Denver Aurora location . Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with us, please don't hesitate to contact us directly at dau@extendedstay.com. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

There are newer reviews for Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I was afraid to take my shoes off - the carpet was very dirty with a spill stain that looked like it was air dried and not cleaned up. The second bed had hair on the sheets, and it looked as if it was not changed. I had an allergic reaction the first night. Desk help did not know what to do when I told them that I was checking out before they opened. My credit card was charged several times. Had to verify they did not overcharge me.

Room Tip: Would not stay here again
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GoXploring
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. In response to your feedback, I would like to mention that our loyalty to our guests is what prompts us to respond to our reviews personally. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I would really appreciate the chance to speak with you. Please contact me at dau@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I'd rather sleep in my car. Disgusting is putting it nicely! There was feces on my toilet paper roll, Im not sure what was in the bed. The window wouldnt lock and as a single female, I did not feel safe here. The room smelled so bad I knew I wouldnt sleep, I checked in and checked right out. If this is what this chain is like then avoid it at all costs.... Im at the Laquinta on Tower road and its worth every extra penny I paid.

Room Tip: If you value your safety do not stay in this neighborhood..
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank HappyCamper7771
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Overall, hotel room was clean. However, the full sized bed had cigarette burns in it. I really don't think the sheets were cleaned before we came. The fitted sheet was full of wrinkles and the pillows were awful. Pillow cases were filthy, stained and had hair on them. FIRM mattress. The mini kitchen was nice and VERY CLEAN. the bathroom was ok for one night. The shower curtain was about 2 inches shirt for a stand up shower so water went out the bottom everywhere. All on all, it worked for a one light stay. Location was ok, right next to a gas station and I70. The permanent residents, or "extended stay" residents were... Unique. For $39+tax, I would stay again. Front desk staff was great.

2  Thank honeynugget
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel.  I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff.  Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account.  You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

I have spoken with the staff about the issues you noted and will be reviewing cleanliness standards plus inspection guidelines. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Management has changed. Customer service changed with managers. Terrible service! Kelly the front desk clerk announces your room number to all who care just in case the rif-raff staying at the HOTEL would like to rob you. Found a refrigerator in the shower when I arrived. When I inquired as to why it was there I was told it was de frosting. Keys often didn't work and after complaining I was asked to "Find another hotel that would meet my standards by a NEW manager amir or something. After asking this manager for the regional managers phone number I was told my reservation was being canceled and please stay somewhere else. CUSTOMER SERVICE no longer lives here. Do yourself justice stay AWAY!!!!!!

2  Thank BRIAN R

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. It appears to me that we were in the process of conducting some preventive maintenance on that particular room, and defrosting the refrigerator is part of the routine. We failed to inspect the room prior to your arrival and the issue has been already addressed and discussed in order to make sure that it will not happen again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was sent to this extended stay by my company to stay in while I'm working in Denver. The room is cozy and has a mini fridge, stove, and microwave. The room was clean upon arrival and even had a pleasant smell to it. My only complaint was that the shower curtain needed to be washed. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and the housekeeping was also friendly and thorough. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel.  We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month.  It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here while in the Denver area for work for a month. While the room was "no frills" it had what we needed and was a clean place to sleep. The staff was very nice and always helpful. Seems most of the persons staying there are construction workers. But there was not anything that made us feel unsafe. There is not a lot in the immediate vicinity, except 2 fast food restaurants. But if you are willing to drive a half mile over the highway, there are lots of restaurants to choose from.

The only negative issue we experienced was seeing what were obviously hookers around the hotel some nights. In fact, one night we had a knock on the door and were asked if we "needed a date". But outside of that, it met our needs at an affordable price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank K D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel.  Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.