“Not the worst, but pretty close”

Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora
Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We recently moved back to Denver and have been having a hard time finding an apartment, so we found this place on Hotwire. I'm really glad we didn't pay full price. The ladies in the office were really nice, which was really the only saving grace. They have a policy that you can't get clean towels without turning in the dirty ones, and housekeeping only comes once a week. One person I spoke to actually checked into a dirty room. There's a mini kitchenette, which is nice, but they don't supply any dishes or silverware. We had to go to the Dollar Store to get some, and there's also no Shampoo/Conditioner/Lotion or any toiletries. The pillows were flat and horrible, and the sheets had burn holes in them.

Room Tip: Use Hotwire, and don't pay full price!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristy Lynn M

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at this location several times over the last 5 years, however after my recent stay I would not recommend this location to anyone. The room was nasty. The bathroom and toilet were dirty. I asked if there was another room available and was told there was not.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ron B
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was looking for a cheap place to stay just for a few hours before going to the airport, I bought it through Hotel.com for a really good deal. We got there and waiting for 20 minutes for somebody at the Front desk to finally come down, He finally check us in and give us our keys. The way to our room was dark and scary. We open up the room and it smelled terrible! The monoxide alarm was beeping, the lights above the night stand weren't working so the room was really dark, the bathroom was dirty and we didn't have any toilet paper, just the empty roll on the floor. We called the FD and asked him to move us but he said he didn't have any more rooms. The carpet has huge stains to what it seems to be blood, really disgusting!! I didn't even open the sheets because I didn't want to touch anything. We couldn't stay there, and they guy at the FD wouldn't refund the money. I ended up paying a lot more for another room at Quality Inn and Suites, but it was so worth it. I would have contracted some disease if I stayed at this hotel. PLEASE DON'T GO!!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Romi18
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear about the condition of your room. This is unacceptable and I apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have coached my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dau@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I travel a lot for work, and usually pick the cheapest possible place when I am traveling alone. I am not picky; I just want a clean room with a deadbolt. I was not expecting much when I went here, based on the reviews. However, I was SHOCKED at the level of grunge and disrepair. Because it is an 'extended stay" hotel, they do not offer daily housekeeping unless you pay a fee. I was fine with that- I don't like housecleaning to come into my room anyway. HOWEVER. All the guests had to bring their own trash out, into the cans placed in the stairwells. The trash was not emptied ONCE during my 4 night stay, and the entire stairwell reeked like rotten poopy diapers. I am not exaggerating when I say I was dryheaving and retching every damn time I had to go up and down the stairs.

My linens were covered with cigarrette burns. The dishes were greasy and sticky to the touch. There was no silverware in my "fully stocked" kitchen. The "free wifi" was spotty, at best. There was a broken light fixture on the celing that has covered in a plastic bag.

In sum, this place was disgusting. I would never ever, stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank midwife06
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with the cleanliness and condition of your room. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dau@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The website shows nice-clean and affordable. It was nasty from the hallway to the elevator to outside walls of the room. It got worse inside the room. Carpet was filthy- bedspread filthy with cigarette burns. It was disgusting when it could have been a very nice accommodation, it has a nice layout. It needs cleaning inside unit and outside of unit and replacement of damaged and dirty linens.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are desparate!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MsKayH
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This extended stay hotel offers all the right features - clean room with comfy bed and well equipped kitchen plus friendly staff. The location is convenient to Denver International Airport. However, we stayed in a nonsmoking room, surrounded by other nonsmoking rooms but the smell was unpleasant. The ventilation system somehow allowed smoke from other rooms to filter through. Wifi was problematic, as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband is staying there because he's working in the area! He says the room is small and the staff are not friendly, room is not very clean and he's had numerous problems with his room key. He would not recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m disappointed to learn that our level of cleanliness and customer service did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and cleaning procedures so that these issues do not affect our future guests.

Your comments are very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to me directly at, dau@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
WoodSpring Suites Aurora Denver Airport
3 mi away
WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
1 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Airport Gateway Park
Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport
TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center

Been to Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora? Share your experiences!