“Arrived at 1am after making reservation...”

Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Colorado Springs
“Arrived at 1am after making reservation...”
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Arrived at 1am after making reservation on line and telling them the time I would arrive, to find the office locked. Had to call them to come and open. Was told it was close to airport to find out it was a $30 cab ride away.
The bedding was yellow and dirty, 3 lights in the unit were burned out, tried to turn on wall light it fell off the wall, shower dripped all night to keep you awake and on and on. This place is disgustingly unkept. don't waste your money or time here. Also nice and close to train tracks where train comes through about 3:30 am!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
nyc
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Here is what happened.
I booked before flying to denver, co, 2 rooms for me and my wife and a coworker for the 2nd room.

I had to prepay the hotel before flying, so i did, and in the 1 foto it looked like a normal holiday inn style low budged HOTEL ...not motel..HOTEL!

it was cheap and near denver airport....yea right!! its far and a drive in the middle of the night and an adventure just to find it.

We got there at around 12 am MIDNITE....
there was nobody there to greet, welcome, give a key....or even say who the hell are you?
NOBODY the door was CLOSED, and thats that...i looked and drove around.... we found no entrance without a lock. People were sleeping if there were any and there wasnt a thing to do...i called the number and of course there was nobody there as the ligths were off in the office.

to make this brief, we went for another hotel in the area paid more and were very happy, but this took an extra half hour.
Needless to say it was a horrible experience...now here is where it gets bad.

We called when coming back from Denver after our vacation to get a refund...and i found out that their number is only the HOTEL.COM number not their own. WTV i told them give me my money back....they said not so fast talk to them directly. I said i wont give them the satisfaction and callledmy AMEX for a refund.

They refused ( crossland Motel) and AMEX said i cant win, well its april and i still am fighting and i ll fight it nonstop till they go out of business so i will eventually win or just give this story to all other travel websites.

I didnt stay there not cause of the motel looking dump but cause there was no way to get my key or get in the damn place. i want my money back but they wont give me any refund.

i didnt sleep or put a foot in the room but i have to pay for it!!?? HAHA
i love america!

DONT STAY HERE>>>> pay more and stay at a human being run place. Its a dump and its not like in the foto...its a damn MOTEL!!!

Trust me you will be glad you listened.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank vacationz
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 14 October 2008

I admit that I'd gotten spoiled at the inns on our Colorado trip, so this hotel room was a bit of a letdown. We wanted something cheap for the night before we flew out of Denver, and this room served its purpose. The furniture was a little beat up, but everything was clean. The bed was a bit hard, but I slept fine. The kitchenette came in handy. There are lots of restaurants around if you want to get out of the room for a while. I wouldn't want to stay there for any longer than a night, but it was basically OK for the price.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — Too spartan
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2007

Although they were once our hotel chain of choice, in the last few years the Extended Stay America properties have gone feral. Anytime you stay at a Crosslands suites, ESA, Homestead or StudioPlus, it's best to pretend you are trying out for "Survivor". Housekeeping and property maintainance have become a thing of the past. Your neighbors will be groups of construction workers and recipients of government assisted housing. Get to know them.

Since these hotels pop up pretty consistently on Hotwire and Priceline at the 1, 2 and 2 1/2 star levels, I still frequently find myself booked into one. Such was the case the other night when I bid $34 on Priceline for a place to spend the night at DIA before an early morning flight. I suspected the Crosslands Suites Aurora was the 1 star option on both Priceline and Hotwire but being desperate and having missed out on my higher star Priceline bids, I bit the bullet, bid low and, "won" the Crosslands.

Knowing what I was in for ahead of time made me brave and ya know what, the Crossland Suites were NOT that bad for the 8 hours I needed to stay there. It was a bit hard to get the girl at the front desk to stop talking with her friend long enough to book me in, and as the hotel is a vast and confusing maze of tIny, oddly numbered rooms, I needed the guidance of the teeny fellow from Oaxaca with whom I shared the elevator to find my room. Lovingly cradling his freshly dry cleaned yellow snakeskin jacket , he unerringly led me in the right direction, no small task I can assure you!

The room itself was itty bitty, barely large enough for the bed, microwave, and mini fridge. But it was suprisingly clean and did not reek of smoke, the shower and toilet worked, and there were no all night parties outside my window. I slept well for 6 hours and made my 6 AM flight, which was was all I could have asked for.

• Stayed August 2007
3 Thank coando
Denver
Reviewed 11 August 2007

You really get what you pay for at $49.99 per night. The mattress and sheets were old and/or dirty. The staff was incompetent, one young girl gave me wrong directions instead of saying she couldn't offer assistance. Half of the staff wasn't friendly. Overall, NOT RECOMMENDED!

• Liked — Accessibility to freeway
  • Disliked — Incompetent staff
  • Stayed July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2007

They say you get what you pay for... This is true for this hotel.
I found it to be safe, secure and near the airport. the room was clean. No big frills, but if you have an early AM flight at DIA, it fits the bill. I'm not saying I'd stay there for a week, however it did suit my needs. I live in Breckenridge and it was better to come down the night before, rather than risk missing my flight. I've stated at hotels in the area where I'd paid much much more and had a worse experience than this place. I got it thru HOTWIRE for 29.00 + tax...their regular rate is 45.00.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
5 Thank photomike
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2007

If you're looking for room service, jacuzzi, in-room internet/pay per view, heated indoor pool, and exercise room, look elsewhere.

However, if you need inexpensive , clean lodging that has a kitchenette and untensils in the room, this is the place.

Property is occupied primarily by out-of town construction workers, truckers, and others who are in the area for an extended period of time. Previous employer required me to be in Aurora for business trips 3 times/year for 1-2 weeks at a time.

**Warning: Given that this is extended stay lodging, room service only comes once a week, unless you ask and pay for additional cleaning service. Therefore, don't be a slob unless you're willing to live in your own mess for a week or willing to pay for maid service out of your own pocket**

Having the kitchenette really cut down on food costs, and grocery stores/restauaraunts are nearby. What this property lacks in amenties, it makes up with price and convience of having a mini-kitchenette and location close to 1-70, Denver Metro, and Aurora.

• Liked — Kitchenette with Utensils and Pots/Pans-Cut Down on Food Cost
  • Disliked — Room service only 1 time/week and limited cable channel selection on TV
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank mustang9975
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
WoodSpring Suites Aurora Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Airport Gateway Park
Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr

Been to Crossland Denver - Airport - Aurora? Share your experiences!