“Great staff great room”

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Denver, Colorado
“Great staff great room”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel was a great experience, we walked in with no reservation and they took great care of us. We got an amazing room for a great price with a breakfast

• Stayed June 2012
comfortinndenverse, Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback our hotel and look forward to having you stay with us again. It is nice to hear that guest's are enjoying our newly renovated property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mesa
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I recently made the treck from Mesa, AZ to Denver to visit my niece who attends college there. I usually stay at La Quinta because they allow my pet and do not charge a fee. Because I didn't bring her on this trip (and because the nearby La Quinta was $20 higher!) I picked this Comfort Inn right near my niece. FIRST, the location is great. It's near restaurants and close to the highway. Real easy to find things too. The desk staff were helpful and recommended a great place to eat after a long day on the road. The room; however, was very.... hmmm.... OUTDATED! They still have the old fashioned gold colored bedspreads that go all the way up to the pillows... GROSS! The first thing I did was throw those old things in the corner of the room! The bed wasn't very comfortable honestly either. It wasn't terrible though. Cleanliness was OK, but there was a musty, stale kind of odor in the room the entire time. The same odor was in the hallway too. Never could figure out where the smell was coming from. Overall it wasn't a bad stay.. but it wasn't a great one either. If I had my pet with me, there's no way I would stay here and pay an extra $15 bucks a night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. We pride ourselves on our amenities and service, and truly, I am very disappointed by the problems you experienced with your room during your recent visit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. As a returning guest, it is extremely important that your time with us is as relaxing and stress-free as possible and we would love the opportunity to show our commitment to your happiness and satisfaction next time you are in town. Please feel free to contact the hotel and we would be happy to address your concerns to ensure the best possible stay.
Cincinnati
Reviewed 27 June 2012

You guys can do way better than this. I had the "suite," which was giant, but made no sense. I'll get to that in a minute. But there was a 1970s microwave bolted onto the wet bar that looked like it'd seen better days. Other fixtures were equally dated, but the carpet was new. It smelled moldy or sweaty, and the windows were creepy--torn screen, poor curtains. Old bed. Old furnishings. I get that you can't refurbish every year, but come on, this bathroom and the furniture needed serious updates. Now for the confusing room. The king bed was facing a nice, big tv. At a 90-degree right angle to the bed, a "sitting area" with a pullout couch...facing a tv. so I could theoretically watch two tvs at once. weird. the best part? an absoutely terrific desk chair. I liked that, a lot. And again, newer carpet. Debbie, the afternoon clerk, was kind of scattered but helpful. I walked into, and then out of, the Diner adjacent to this property. I could not stand the foul, old grease smell. Too bad, too, bcause it looked like a fun place. The Applebees adjacent to the property had about six ppl in the bar, and one tableful of ppl, but the muzak was so incredibly loud I could not hear the baseball game I was listening to on my iphone...through my earphones!!!! When suggested they turn it down, was told "the other patrons..." yadayadayada. A lack of muzak clearly would have ruined their experience?!?!? I know this is beyond their scope, but the breakfast bar was completely overrun by softball team, so eating options limited or zilch for many fellow guests. I'm just tired of old, tired Comfort Inns in the greater Denver area. Please read my bio (I think it's on here somewhere). I'm also XCtraveler. I have driven thrice around the US and Canada more than 7K miles each time, staying almost exclusively at Comfort Inns. I'm not aware of a metro area where so many are so beaten down. I'm thinking of making a competitor my booking of choice. THERE IS ANOTHER ISSUE with Choice. I'm not sure what's going on at this group, but it's getting more frictious (?) to deal with this chain. Never used to be, and I'm thinking the economy must be it. three years ago these ppl bent over backwards for me and my kids on our cross country trips. Now they act like adversaries.

Room Tip: The weird suite (201) offers a ton of room and if you have to stay here, it beats the darker, smalle...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for your time in sharing your experience with travelers. From your review, it appears that you stayed in one of the hotel suites. In an effort to clear of any misinformation, all suites come equipped with two TVs – one in the bedroom and one in the sitting area. The hotel recently completed a remodel which included that replacement of carpet, lighting, wall coverings, chairs and mirrors. This was done in both the guestrooms and the bathrooms. I apologize if the changes were not to your satisfaction, however we will be continuing our remodel in the coming months in an effort to continue to improve the property. Nevertheless, we pride ourselves on our guest service, clean rooms and quality of property. We hope that you give us another chance to demonstrate these qualities. I also understand you experienced some frustration with local restaurants in the area. Please be assured that we have passed along your comments. Thank you again.
Buffalo,NY
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was our first trip to the Denver area and needed a hotel in the Aurora area. The hotel had a great location - near restaurants, highways, easy to get around(with help of GPS). This is a non-smoking hotel with a penalty (I think $150) for smoking inside. The first room we were given reeked of cigarette smoke. We asked to be moved and were given the same type room on the same floor. NO SMELL. The rooms are a little tired, but comfortable beds, a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The hotel also serves a hot breakfast. This was a problem. They only have 5 tables for a 3 story hotel. On Saturday, people were trying to eat breakfast standing up, at the computers - anywhere they could. You could not get to the food easily and when you did, the eggs and bacon and coffee were empty. No sign of help refilling. We chose to eat out. Sunday, people must have slept in later. No problem getting a table. Not a bad place to stay. Freshly made cookies each afternoon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
comfortinndenverse, Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
1. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. We pride ourselves on our amenities and service, and truly, I am very disappointed by the problems you experienced during your recent visit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. As a returning guest, it is extremely important that your time with us is as relaxing and stress-free as possible and we would love the opportunity to show our commitment to your happiness and satisfaction next time you are in town. Please feel free to contact the hotel and we would be happy to address your concerns to ensure the best possible stay.
Arroyo Grande
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Room smelled (had been smoking room, now converted); breakfast area too small. Limited choices for pastry, bagels, etc. Property littered with cigarette butts. I stay at CI alot and this was the worst.

Room Tip: All rooms on 3rd floor were formerly smoking rooms - now non-smoking but still smell. They put in n...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mellowsandy
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We had some minor problems with the room we stayed in. The refrigerator froze everything we put in it. The heat switch was very touchy and we had to keep adjusting it The bathroom needed some updating. Overall the room was clean and the towels were soft. They had the standard Comfort Inn breakfast. Eggs,sausage, fruit, waffles, yougut, bagels etc. I would stay at this Comfort Inn again. Since the motel is on a divided highway, it is hard to find if you are going East on Iliff Ave.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3. Thank you so much for your recent comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again. It is nice to hear that guest's are enjoying our newly renovated property.
Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I recently had a Doctor's Appt. in the area and needed a place to stay overnight and The Comfort Inn was a great place to stay. I enjoyed the restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and the highway wasn't noticable from my room. Breakfast in the lobby was good the next morning and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jtfree
comfortinndenverse, Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
We are pleased you had a good stay here at the Comfort Inn Denver Southeast. Thank you for your positive review and we are pleased thay you injoyed our improved breakfast and hope to see you for your next stay in Denver.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Best Western Plus Gateway Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
Radisson Hotel Denver Southeast
DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Aurora/Medical Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#81 of 157 in Denver

Been to Comfort Inn Denver Southeast? Share your experiences!