“Horribly Disappointed!”

Comfort Inn Denver Southeast
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My daughter needed to go to Children's Hospital Colorado, so I made a reservation at this Comfort Inn the night before we had to make the 6oo mile journey. I was assured that I would receive the hospital rate that was listed at Children's Hospital as long as I printed the rate off the website and brought it with me. When we arrived, the man working the front desk refused to give me the rate that was promised to me when I made the reservation, but said that I could have it for double the price I was quoted. I asked to speak with a manager, he called someone on the phone, but refused to let me speak to them. He said that they didn't have that rate and wouldn't give it to me. That the person that I spoke with when I made the reservation didn't know what they wewre talking about and it wasn't their problem. The man was horribly rude and nasty to me. I was already in a difficult situation dealing with my daughter's health issue, so to be treated so poorly was horrible. I left in tears. I've never been treated so rudely in my life.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TTThompson
comfortinndenverse, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

We are terribly sorry about the situation you were in with the front desk agent. All front desk agents are retrained and understand about the special hospital rate we offer. We do apologize for any misunderstanding, and unprofessional behavior the front desk agent did to you.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Clean comfortable hotel. I did not have a reservation, and stayed for one night. I found the carpet was wet in the room I was given. My guesses are this is from either: rain earlier in the day, a leak in the ceiling (there was another room above this one). I told the front desk and was offered another room right away. No other compensation was made, and. I hope the maintenance man stopped the leak.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We thank you for your feedback regarding the carpet. The carpet has been deep clean to get rid of any stain that was left from the leaking. Maintenance department was responsive to this issue and fixed it right away. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are glad we were able to moved you into a more comfortable room.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 days while on vacation. I chose this property because of the price and the location. I have stayed here in the past and was pleased.
The good: The rooms are clean and big. My room had a refrigerator and micro wave. It is close to a great little diner called Rosies. It is close to the airport.
What I would change: The computers in the business center. There are two in the lobby. I wanted to print my boarding pass but they were so infected with viruses I was unable to log in. The rooms were not very quiet. very thin walls. I turned on the fan at the window unit and it helped drown out the noise. They are doing construction on the interstate across the street and there is a fire station next door. That didn't help with the noise.
Overall I had a good stay. I would recommend it if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the opposite of Iliff Ave. Don't use the computers in the lobby unless you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MB520205
comfortinndenverse, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We are glad our hotel meet your expectation on price and location. We are pleased to hear that you are a returning guest. We do work hard at meeting all our guests expectation. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the business center computers and will work in providing a more suitable one for you and our future guest. If you had trouble with printing, we could have easily print any documents for you at the front desk. The city of Aurora is putting up a light rail system across the street from us. Thank you for your understanding of the noise while there are construction going on for this project.

Once again, thank you for your time and feedback.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a nice property, with large rooms. There was a microwave and fridge. The bathroom was large, but there is loose tile on the floor. We thought that the grab bar should be located on the opposite end of the tub and not near the showerhead.
There are several restaurants within walking distance. Rosie's Diner and Applebees are across the parking lot. Others require crossing busy streets.
A very nice breakfast but the breakfast area is in the lobby, so it was quite crowded. Surprised that there wasn't a separate, larger room for the breakfast.
There is an elevator.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. Especially, about the look of the bathroom. We are in the midst of renovating and we will have a fresh new look for you when you come back to visit us next time. We will still have the large room space, microwave, fridge, and nice breakfast selection for you to enjoy. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

But I wouldn't let my mother stay here!

This place was a good deal for a small event with a small-ish payoff, so I wasn't feeling spendy. It's very convenient to Denver and to the interstate, as well as lots of restaurants and stores. I was able to get to the airport in a timely fashion. It has a sink, microwave, and refrigerator, which was pretty great.

Room itself was ok. Very clean, but sort of damaged around the edges. Stained curtains. Quiet. The front desk staff was very responsive when I called down to report someone was smoking on the floor (and the whole hotel is non-smoking!). It took forever for the light to get very light in the bathroom, which is probably because they are using energy-saving bulbs, so that's cool with me. Good selection of channels on cable.

The linens did seem nicer... five pillows and thicker bedspread, which was great. The heat was a window unit - not my favorite, but effective.

Breakfast was provided, which was great. Good yogurt selection and bananas, as well as some breads and cereals (I never eat that stuff, so didn't pay very much attention).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
comfortinndenverse, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you so much for your through feedback about our hotel. We take every feedback with a positive because we know they will help our staff provide a better accommodation to all our guests. It look liked you enjoyed our variety of breakfast selection, the microwave, fridge, clean room, the selection of TV channels, the nice linens, pillows, and bedspread, as well as how responsive our front desk agents were. We are in the process of renovating so we will have a new look soon.

Again we thank you for your feedback and choosing Comfort Inn Denver Southeast for your hospitality needs. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Decent enough hotel for the discount rate. If I was paying full price I would not be satisfied. Room is average, some problems with damaged furnishings and minor cleanliness issues. Breakfast is average, but provided. Only hotel in the area with two queen beds.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allison R
comfortinndenverse, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Here at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, we offer a variety of rates and discounts, all you have to do is inquire about it. We just received new furniture, and is in the process of installing them to all our rooms. Next month, we will receive new desk, drawer, and TV stand. We have plenty of rooms with two queen beds, and we are glad we were able to provide one for you during your stay. We know for sure we'll be pleasantly surprise with the new look at our hotel. We hope to se you then!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed for 5 nights while in the area primarily for a conference in downtown Denver. It's not close, but that was worth it to me to stay at less than half the price at a decent place. Overall, the experience was average. Nothing special, with but no major problems, but lots of little things. After a quick and easy check in, the first night was the most difficult. Between a lot of elevator noise (my room was right across from the elevator) and a loud disturbance in the hall, it was not a restful night. A drunk and belligerent hotel guest apparently tried to get into a nearby room that was not his around 4 AM. The occupant of the room was understandably upset but the person who had the wrong room kept yelling for a long time. I asked in the morning at the front desk and was told that the police were called and he was ultimately arrested. Not a good start. After the first night, I realized I could leave the heater on "fan only" to cover up most of the elevator and other hallway noises and that worked well enough. The room itself was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. I didn't make use of the mini "kitchen" area (microwave, fridge, sink) but it's good to have it. There was a reasonably new flat panel television but the cable service was very poor quality analog, like it was being split too many times. Some channels were too fuzzy to watch. Fortunately I wasn't in town to watch TV. The wireless internet service was way below modern standards. The breakfast was OK. The area is a bit small and cramped, but I didn't have problems. They seem to rotate a few hot items. The bacon was good, but the biscuits with sausage gravy were cold, and the breakfast sausage was disgusting (it's not meant to be microwaved!). There were enough other things to be able to skip that sausage after trying one piece. I think the biscuits and gravy would have been OK if warm. I was generally happy with my interactions with the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the housekeepers did a nice job on the room each day. Finally, while not that close to downtown (a sacrifice I was willing to make), the hotel is right off I-225 and located in an area with a lot of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Don't get near the elevator! It's loud.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
comfortinndenverse, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for bringing up your concerns regarding the noise, TV, and the breakfast selections. We are constantly making changes to meet all the guests needs and expectations. We hope you do give us another chance so we can show you our superior service and that we have improve from the feedback you gave us. We hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Best Western Plus Gateway Inn & Suites
DoubleTree Denver Aurora
Radisson Hotel Denver Southeast
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Aurora/Medical Center
Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center
Comfort Inn Denver East
Comfort Inn Denver East
#81 of 159 in Denver

Been to Comfort Inn Denver Southeast? Share your experiences!