“Pleasant - would go again”

Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Toronto
“Pleasant - would go again”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Super clean rooms. Friendly helpful staff. Okay breakfast. Not the best airport runs. Good room for meetings. Even though it is out of the city, there were enough businesses to provide convenience -like restaurants, convenience stores, etc.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We came to Hyatt Place after spending 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency downtown and, thinking we were getting a room in a "discount" hotel, were amazed that this property was in many ways as nice as the Regency. In fact, we liked the room here better than the Regency room and we had fewer problems staying here than we had had downtown. It offered free high-speed internet, whereas the Regency did not. The young staff members were extremely friendly. The "free" breakfast was o.k, although not very exciting. There was no restaurant in the hotel, so no room service, but we certainly didn't expect a restaurant to be included. There are enough chain restaurants right nearby to offer a variety of meal options. The tiny bar in the hotel is far from fancy, but more than you might expect from a discount hotel/motel.. Despite all the positives, I have a problem: we had bid on the rate through a web site and had gotten a very good price. When I looked up the hotel, its rack rates were almost as high as those at the Regency. I was shocked. The differences in location, the lack of an in-house restaurant at this site and the kind of competition in the immediate areas of both hotels would seem to dictate a much lower rate for the Htyatt Place than for the Hyatt Regency. Not the case. Its a nice motel and I would recommend it highly, but only if you can negotiate a price well below the rack rate.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Got great deals through an online bidding site. We stayed here July 2 and July 10 as we had overnight layovers in Denver. The hotel staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was very nice and extremely clean. My son commented that he would like to stay at the property again if we return to Denver. The airport shuttle in the mornings was very convenient. We signed up when we checked in for the times we needed the following mornings. Our pick ups at the airport were not as convenient. On our second stay, we waited for 30+ minutes after the hotel told us that it would be a 15 minute wait. Still, I was thankful for the shuttle because the airport is very far from anything, and a cab would have cost us a bundle. The only other concern I had was the layout of the room. There is no separation between the bed and the bathroom vanity area, making it difficult to sleep if another person is already up and getting ready. Those are small complaints, though. The hotel and staff very nice, overall. In fact, it seemed that staff went out of their way to help the hotel guests, offering us restaurant coupons, and honest suggestions about our Denver plans. While I originally planned to give the property 4 stars, I gave it 5 stars mainly because the staff was awesome! Be aware that "airport" hotels in Denver are far from the airport and from downtown Denver. We hoped to catch a Rockies game, but cab fare would have been over $75 roundtrip. If you need a place to stay for an overnight layover, this hotel fits the bill.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 July 2011

There was a problem with my reservation. I've contacted the hotel, and tried to speak to the GM a couple of times and everytime I couldn't talk to the GM and was sent to AGM's voicemail. I left a couple of messages already, and still never heard anything from anyone. The corporate office says that it's not Hyatt's responsiblity to call a customer back. WOW. REALLY??? My stay was pleasant. I enjoyed staying there, but please be careful. If someone else causes a problem for you (the customer) then you are on your own. It's not their responsibility because they are too big to return a call just to let the customer know that they've received the message. That's all I wanted. A call back from someone saying that they got my message and what they could do about the simple problem. Bad way to run such a huge business.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank far_mun_CA
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Hyatt Place never fails to be a great place to stay. This one was no exception. My husband and I stayed there the last night of a trip to Colorado in May. It was convenient to the airport, which we needed for an early flight the next morning.

This location wasn't quite as nice as some of the other Hyatt Place hotels in Colorado, but it was clean, the room was nicely decorated, the complimentary breakfast was better than most complimentary hotel breakfasts, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

We like the sitting area and the large flatscreen television in the room, and the king sized bed was comfortable with lots of extra pillows. Our room had a mini kitchen area, and we really like that the sink is outside of the shower/toilet room. That way, one person can get ready with the other showers.

As mentioned, it was convenient to the airport, and there was no problem with getting there on time the next morning. Having said that, it is a bit out of the city, so you would need to drive to the city to really find anything to do. There were a couple of restaurants and a Walmart nearby, but nothing that screams "Denver" or "Colorado" - it's just a basic airport hotel and the things around it are basic airport places.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I chose this hotel because it was a Hyatt. The rooms were what I expected, clean, but nothing special. Just a great place to lay your head. My real issue was with the transportation from the airport. I waited 30 minutes that I did not have to spare. When I mentioned this to the driver she didn't seem to care. I called the hotel several times while waiting...they just kept insisting that I must have just missed it. However, that was the only problem that I had during my stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank wearyon3
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 25 April 2011

great place great staff...great breakfast!!! we were really pleased. walking distance to a lot of restaurants. we would chose this hotel again!!!

Room Tip: book through expedia