“OK”

Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Have stayed here twice in the past month while visiting family and won't stay at this particular hotel again. While the room rate is reasonable, excessive hair from previous guest on the shower walls and on the bed sheets, a live bug (not bedbug) found in my bed and turned into the MOD and used glasses and coffee mugs in the room not being replaced with daily room cleaning but rather being wiped out with a towel then placed back in the designated location in room.

On this particular visit which covered a 3 night 4 day span, the hotel was sold out and only had 1 elevator working at numerous/ various times. We had to be put into another room after check-in due to a "dirty feet" smell but determined that it's likely from the air conditioner unit.

On a good note, the staff was very nice to deal with.

All issues were brought to the attention of the MOD and I received apologies but to have such gross issues on both visits, apologies aren't enough. There are so many other hotels in the general area that I have stayed in the past 6 months, that I won't be back to Hyatt Place Denver Airport. They don't do justice to the Hyatt brand name.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Denver Airport

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Spent a night in July and got a good rate on Priceline. This is a hotel set among other competitors and near good restaurants.

I had to call for the shuttle by using the free phone in the baggage area. I was told to expect the shuttle in 15-20 minutes. Was picked up 20 minutes later. Taking the return shuttle to the airport I noticed that two other guests were going to be dropped off at car rental agencies. Nice option for those of you who want to wait to get your car after spending a night in an airport hotel.

Quick check-in. The staff was young and pleasant, everyone in the same polo shirts. One of the staff took me on a brief tour of the faculties. I didn’t check the fitness room but the indoor pool looked inviting.

Room laid out with a partially separated seat area. Wet bar with refrigerator and safe. Walk-in shower. Furnishings look good—large plasma TV, Wi-Fi was very fast (and free). Bed was comfortable. Nice work area for those who have business to conduct.

Did have one misadventure. I couldn’t get my key to work. After several times, the door opened—from the inside. An agreeable gentleman explained that this was his room and that the front desk had made a mistake. The front desk staff was mortified when I explained what had happened and swiftly moved me to a room not already occupied.

Mostly office blocks, hotels and restaurants in the area. I understand the Thai restaurant across the street was good but opted to eat at Ted (Turner’s) Montana Grill. The place is a bit pricey but how often can you try a bison rib eye? The roasted asparagus was very good.

Hyatt Place offers a free breakfast. A good selection with two egg options, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, several juices, good coffee and more.

Bottom line? Great deal if you need to be close to the airport and grab a Priceline deal—my room cost $ 50.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ProIrish
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night in February after bidding for hotel near DIA on Priceline.

We were very impressed and had a great night's sleep. The checkin was quick, and the receptionist made an effort to remember our name and greet us later in the day. The hotel was well styled, modern and clean. Being international travelers, we appreciated the wifi. The airport was just 10-15 minutes away even with the heavy 'dusting' of snow we found when we woke up in the morning - perfect for getting to our early morning flight. The breakfast was also tasty and filling, though did have a lot more sweet and carb-heavy options than more healthy or protein-based foods.

Overall we were really happy with our stay and would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Although the staff is friendly and efficient, room 206 needed new carpet. It was disgusting to see the stains all over the floor. The room had a stale, funny smell to it. We were lucky we only had to stay one night. Do not recommend staying here while there are so many other choises in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed here for one night on the last night of a 3-day trip. We wanted to stay close to the airport since we had an early flight.
The location is good. It takes about 10 minutes to drive to the airport, and there are some options nearby if you are looking for food or a convenience store.
Check in was simple. The lobby had a bunch of people hanging out and enjoying themselves.
The rooms are very nice. This was my first experience at a Hyatt Place and I was impressed. The wet bar is a nice touch, and I also had no problems finding a plug to charge my 2 phones.
We got a great deal on Priceline which made it extra special.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and used the free airport shuttle. The room itself was very nice, big comfortable bed, huge flat screen TV, a little sitting room to the side, very nice, clean, bathroom with great shower, however I cannot give them an excellent review. As was stated by another reviewer, we did book through hotwire and they did place us right next to the elevator as he predicted happens with all discount bookings. Also our air conditioner was the loudest I have ever heard, it sounded like a jet taking off everytime it came on, it was so loud we had to shut it off in order to get any sleep. The breakfast was great, the location perfect, lot's of restaurants within walking distance, the shuttle was very convenient, although a little slow, all in all a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not close to the elevator
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We used the park and stay option and stayed here one night before a trip to Florida. The room itself was excellent with the best sitting room area of any hotel where we have stayed. Howver, the room airconditioner was noisy and difficult to get the temperature satisfactory. Service in the late afternoon-early evening was mediocre at best in terms of responses to requests for an additional pillow etc. However, in the morning, the buffet breakfast was the best we have ever had in a hotel and the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
HYATT House Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Been to Hyatt Place Denver Airport? Share your experiences!