“Clean, quiet, comfortable.”

Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Good place to stay on a layover thru DIA. Hotel was convenient to the airport, has a free shuttle, free breakfast, and an on-site deli that stays open all night. Room was comfortable and in great condition. Prices are a good value. There's a Jimmy John's sandwich place and a 7-11 convenience store just across the parking lot. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The king rooms are suite style with a sofa kitchen sink/prep area that has a mini refrigerator but n...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cambium29
Madeline B, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

I'm so glad you had a great stay! Thank you for your review. I'm so glad we could provide you with all the amenities you needed. I hope you will come back and see us again the next time you're in Denver!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

From the airport shuttle driver to the cleaning staff and front desk; everyone was friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. Best night sleep in a hotel is year and I travel monthly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank StarkTours

I'm so glad you had a great night's sleep! Thank you for taking the time to review, and I hope you will come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I spent two nights here while on business. Normally, I try to find a hotel that is closer to downtown, but some last-minute scrambling meant that this was the most affordable place to stay. After this stay, I think I may continue staying outside of downtown -- for the price it was incredibly comfortable and the free parking is a major plus.

The room was very spacious with a separate living room space, a small bar-like counter (with a minifridge, safe, and coffeemaker). The bed was comfy and the desk was a good place to get some work done. The WiFi was speedy enough and easy to access as well.

My one complaint was around the positioning of the TV. It is mounting on the wall to be viewed from the large living room couch. Unfortunately, I like to have the TV going in the background while I do some work. Since the TV didn't swivel at all and was around the corner from the desk this was not an option. Again, a very minor problem, but I was bugged by it at the time.

The staff was very courteous and responsive. There was a lovely rose and hand-written note waiting for me in the room when I got there -- a really nice touch!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Madeline B, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind words about our hotel; I'm glad we could provide you with a great stay outside of the downtown area! Thank you for your comments about the room, as well as your feedback about the television. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope you will come back and see us again!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Best hotel of our entire trip to Colorado!
Loved this place , the service can't be beat! Super convenient to food, airport, shopping. Shuttle to anything, 15 mins to airport. Super clean and new - still shiny :).
Best customer service I have ever had! Great complementary hot breakfast. With Starbucks coffee. Will always stay here when in Denver.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for your kind words about our service and shuttle! I'm glad you liked the newly renovated rooms,and I hope to see you again in the future! Thank you for taking the time to review!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Last year we took a trip visit family in Utah by way of Denver. We knew we wouldn't be in Denver for that long and wanted to make the most of it. I searched around the typical travel deal sites and was able to find this hotel. I was a little skeptical at first because it was further away from Denver. The downtown Denver hotels are way to expensive though, and really the hotel is just a short drive from anything you could want in Denver. About a week or before we traveled I received an email from the hotel that said we had be selected as the 'Guest of the Day' for the day we would be visiting and therefore would be given a choice of a few extras that would be ready in our room when we arrived. I chose chips and salsa and my wife had a glass of wine. I don't know if this 'guest of the day' thing is really something they actually do for everyone, but either way it was a nice touch. We stayed on one of the upper levels at the end of hall. The room was clean, spacious, and modern. We could have chose a 2 queen room, but we opted for the king room, because it had a sofa sleeper and the kids (6 and 3) were in awe of the "magic" transformer couch that turns into a bed. The overnight sleep was great and the next morning we departed after a big free breakfast.
The only cons I think I could find for this hotel are:
1: I had a tough time finding an ice machine, but that could be because last time I was in a hotel there was always an ice machine on every floor. This hotel only has them on everyother floor or something.
2: Breakfast was busy, and we had to wait a couple minutes to find a place to sit.
These aren't really cons though and I wouldn't suggest that it deter you from selecting this wonderful hotel. The next time we head to Denver this will be the first place we look for a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

I'm so delighted to hear that you had a great trip to Colorado! Thank you so much for reviewing Hyatt Place Denver Airport, and thank you for your comments about our staff and hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed being our Guest of the Day, and I hope that you'll come back and see us again the next time you're in Denver! Thank you for your comments about our breakfast and ice machines as well. We appreciate your feedback on these matters.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel has some nice things about it. The rooms are comfortable and clean and most have been recently updated. It's close to restaurants and they do have an airport shuttle which is nice for travelling. The breakfast in the morning is decent enough. The bad things, however for us, way outweighed and influenced me enough to write this review.
First they don't have double "Queen" rooms...you get two "double" beds. Are you kidding me? It was 4 of us-me, my husband and two kids. My older son fell out of bed 3 times. My husband and I had to each sleep wtih a child because there is no way we could sleep in a double bed together. We aren't in college anymore for crying out loud. Secondly, the bar is a JOKE at best. I had probably the absolute worst cocktail of my life poured for me there. And it cost me $10!! It went right down the drain, it was literally undrinkable. Thridly, the pool--It was SUCH a disappointment. I had wanted to take my son swimming and he was super excited. The pool was freezing! It was so cold that even though we tried to tough it out, (what kid doesn't want to go swimming at a hotel?) after 5 minutes my son was shivering and shaking violently and his lips were BLUE; we had to get out. He was so bummed.
All in all this hotel sucks and I am mad that I spent over $100 to take my kids there to have fun, because we didn't--we just slept in a different place. It was really, really disappointing. And now I am trying to figure out why I have a mysterious $98 charge on my card, even though I paid through a booking website and was told everything was paid in full when I got there. With the choice of hotels in the immediate area that offer the same sort of ammenities, I would highly recommend you look elsewhere before thinking of booking a room at this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank badjes711
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I apologize for the pool, and thank you for your comments, the issue was rectified. I also apologize that our hotel does not offer Queen beds in the rooms. I'm sorry that we fell below your expectations. If you are still seeing a charge, please contact the hotel directly at 303.371.0700 and we can assist you with this. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I'll be honest Denver is not my favorite city. The airport stinks. The access is horrible and the sprawl is beginning to look like the less desirable parts of Asia. That said I booked this hotel as part of a SWA package.

It is in Bum Fart Nowhere and it still takes 20 minutes to get to the airport but I have to say that the room was clean. The staff was terrific and they delivered their product well.

If I had any reason to go back to Denver I would consider staying again. Really pleasant experience. Adrian and his fellow hoteliers made an otherwise unpleasant trip to the front range sprawl a lot better.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Renee D, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Place Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad that despite your unpleasant travel experience, we were able to provide you with a comfortable hotel. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and hotel, and I do hope that if you ever find yourself in Denver again, you'll choose to stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Aloft Denver International Airport
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
4 mi away
HYATT House Denver Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Denver Airport? Share your experiences!