“Great place to meet up with friends”

The Wooden Spoon Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Ashford
Cuisines: American
Ashford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to meet up with friends”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've been to the Wooden Spoon for breakfast on a number of occasions -- sometimes just to meet friends, and sometimes for meetings to work on community projects. The food is always good, the service terrific and the price quite reasonable.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CindyAshford_CT_USA

Ashford, Connecticut, Usa
“The best!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I live in Ashford and go here regularly. It is one of the best breakfast and lunch restaurants to which I have ever been. The food is amazing. My personal favorites are the western wrap for breakfast and the chili and cornbread for lunch. Their burgers are also terrific (as is everything else I and my family have eaten there). The owner and staff are awesome. They make you feel right at home. They have never made a mistake on any order I've placed. It is my favorite place to eat anywhere, and I've eaten all over the world. If I had to lodge a criticism, it would be that they can get crowded on the weekends (but that's only because they are so good).

• Visited March 2014
Storrs, CT
“Best Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The place is filled every weekend...mostly college students...but they turn out great
breakfasts....specialty pancakes, and egg combinations.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank drdesign
Potomac, Maryland
“Worth a detour”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We recently stopped for breakfast at The Wooden Spoon Family Restaurant while driving home to DC from New England. The restaurant is about 7 miles off I-84 and is certainly worth the detour.

For breakfast, I had two of the best blueberry pancakes I have ever eaten (I'm serious). The pancakes are fairly large and one probably would have sufficed since I also had a side of delicious and spicy link sausage. My wife had Eggs Benedict. She is very picky about her eggs and declared these to be perfect (something I rarely hear).

The restaurant is very homey feeling, the service is very friendly and efficient, and the prices very reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
Bedford, New York
“Great breakfast place!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

While visiting my son at UCONN, I wanted to find a place for breakfast. This place is great. A real hidden gem. From the outside it doesn't look like much, And yes, you have to wait in line to get in. But once inside it's worth the wait. The staff is very friendly and they work hard. The food is freshly prepared and the portions are large. The pancakes are very big - two pancakes was plenty. The raspberry cream cheese stuffed french toast was fabulous. The prices are very reasonable. I'm going back to UCONN for another visit and I think this where I'm going for lunch.

• Visited September 2013