“An Excellent Dinner!!”
Review of Max a Mia

Max a Mia
Reserve with OpenTable
Max a Mia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Avon
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Max A Mia is the quintessential Italian experience in the Greater Hartford area. Featuring a traditional Italian menu, Max A Mia also utilizes an authentic brick oven that produces stone pies with unmatched flavor.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I had dinner at Max a Mia in Avon, Connecticut on Saturday, May 23, 2018. My husband had veal saltimbocca. I had chicken parmigiana. We both enjoyed our meals. The food was high quality, nicely prepared and delicious. Even the bread which came with a nice sauce for dipping was great!! The portions were also quite generous and the service was excellent. In addition, the atmosphere was relaxing with very comfortable seating. We were also able to take advantage of a voucher which my husband received on Father’s Day for a free entrée, up to $25, making it a very good value. It was a very enjoyable meal!! This restaurant is highly recommended and we definitely will go back again.

Bradford K, General Manager at Max a Mia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for sharing all your kind words and positive feedback! It's always nice to see someone taking time out of their day to acknowledge what sounds to be the type of experience we hope for all our guests to enjoy. We look forward to having you join us again very soon and hope we can not only live up to, but exceed the standard we have set in your previous dining experiences with us!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff was very nice but not very professionally attired & a bit too informal with their skin tight jeans and long aprons open in the back enough to show off their derrieres.The atmosphere was lacking any ambiance & it was rather noisy. They didn't have the wine I selected from their wine list. The calamari was average, my spaghetti & clams was just fair with not too many clams but the roasted garlic & breads were good. It wasn't terribly expensive. I doubt I will go back. It just wasn't that impressive.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Took our good friends here to introduce them to Max restaurants, especially Max a Mia because one of our friends is Jersey Italian, living in Hartford. And, they are excellent cooks. So, we thought they wouuld appreciate the Italian cuisine as we have for many years. But, the food was inconsistent. The martinis were perfect and the server was trying hard to please. Shame. Our friends both ordered the chicken parm. They said it was “good” but made with too much breading. My wife’s swordfish was superb. I ordered the ricotta gnocchi. The gnocchi was flavorless. It was served over asparagus and sugar snap peas. The veggies were fresh and cooked perfectly but the dish lacked any kind of flavor profile. And, the serving was quite small. Who conserves on pasta? I was so hungry after the entree that I over compensated with my own piece of the fantastic coconut cake.

Bradford K, Owner at Max a Mia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Michael,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent dining experience. While I am glad to hear that most was positive I do apologize for the inconsistency in execution of the food especially while entertaining your guests from out of town. Our chef also gets these reviews and he used it as a learning tool with the cooks in the kitchen to reiterate the importance of seasoning and building the proper levels of flavor in each dish. Please ask for myself or a manager the next time you are in so we can make sure your entire experience is at the exceptional level we strive for here at Max A Mia and the Max Restaurant Group.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

A very busy place. The meal was just okay. I felt it was overprice with no salad or soup included in the price. Ordered the rib eye and this meat was NOT tender and juicy as a rib eye usually is. This was our second trip there and we will not go back. Too many other good restaurants in the area.

Bradford K, Owner at Max a Mia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

As the Managing Partner of Max A Mia let me start by saying I am very sorry to hear that your recent visits didn't meet your expectations. I wish we had known at the time so that we could have offered something more to your liking. I appreciate very much the feedback and would be happy to have you dine with us again to show you the quality of food and level of service you would expect from the Max A Mia and the Max Restaurant Group as a whole. Please ask for myself or another manager the next time you are in so we can make sure you are well taken care of.

Again my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We “flew” over there after our event at the Bushnell ran longer than expected starving. We arrived less than an hour to closing; our server Tess, welcomed us warmly. We chose based on what we wanted to eat based on the super late hour; the staff could not have been nicer and more gracious. The bread was fresh and warm; dipping sauce yummy. Kale salad fresh and delicious; bruschetta and calamari prepared just as you would want and served hot. Tess was an excellent server; fun and engaging. Never felt rushed or limited! A just perfect visit!

Bradford K, Owner at Max a Mia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us. Tess is a very funny and engaging server. I will pass on your wonderful comments to her. We try and make sure that every guest no matter what time they arrive gets the same Max experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us.

Been to Max a Mia? Share your experiences!