“italian food”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Consistently very good food.Just like First and Last in Hartford.Love the eggplant there,fresh and tasty

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Service was quick and friendly, and the food was great. Great selection of Italian inspired cuisine. Great pizzas available in a few different sizes. I ordered the sweet pea pizza topped with peas; it was great. Pasta is homemade and fresh. Decent and reasonably priced wine and drink list.

1  Thank Chris_CAB
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had two meals at the First and Last and both were scrumptious. This place is quaint but spacious with ample room for diners. The salads were exceptional and the wedge salad was amazing and satisfying. It looked like a huge baked Alaska and delicious. The brick oven pizza is amazing. Cooked perfectly and not charred as many of these are with a combo of cheeses that frankly is the best I have encountered. Their pano is are super with the turkey BLT being awesome. They also make homemade pasta and the ravioli was superb. Also available was one of the best brews anyone in our party had ever experienced. It is called the "Naughty Nurse' IPA and is quite frankly one of the best brews I have experienced. The waitress said it was brewed right in Hartford. The service both times was exceptional. Do not miss this gem!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you are looking for a typical Italian-ish America dinner than head to the first and last. It really isn't terrible food, just terribly predictable. James and I went on a Saturday night and had the quickest meal I have ever had in my life. Why? Mainly because we showed up at 8:15 and they would closing (lights off, everyone go home, by 10) therefore, we had to be moved fast. We sat right next to the window to the kitchen. This lost it's allure instantaneously. It was very warm. And you got to see all the high school kids preparing your food. I have no prejudice against high school kids, I suppose I just want to live in denial that that is who is making my pasta. The meal was typical. Nothing about the sauce was magical. There was no further allure to their hamburgers than any other joint in the town. So I suppose if you are going to go the First and Last, go to the one in Hartford for Breakfast. That, my friends is a treat!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The First and Last, while not bearing a classic Italian name, is as close to Italy as you can get in Avon or the surrounding area. The name comes from it's original location which was the last restaurant you passed when leaving Hartford and, therefore, the first one you saw coming into the city. The pasta is homemade as are the breads. You have several choices of sauces with, my choice, being a tasty marinara. And if you like your pizza dough with a thin crust and savory cheese and sauce (I prefer the clams for topping), then you are in pizza heaven.

Been to First & Last Tavern? Share your experiences!