“Wonderful soup!”

Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Connecticut
“Wonderful soup!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My cousin and I meet every couple months here for a long visit. We go at lunchtime. Servers are attentive but let us have our 'space'. We always split an antipasto and then have soup, a side of meatballs or a sandwich. I often get a bowl of soup and am never disappointed. Today I had cream of mushroom -- wipe out your mentall image of canned mushroom soup -- this was so, so tasty -- delicious -- mushrooms, seasoning and a lovely broth. I'll have visions of this soup in my dreams :-).

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank kittykat039

Connecticut
“A Letter Grade Would Be a B or B Minus”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The reason for an average letter grade is because it is an average restaurant. Yes, the alfresco dining was pleasant. The menu is the tried and traditional dishes that make up the offerings of "Italian style" restaurants. The pasta in the Carbonara was cooked beyond the "aldente" stage and the sauce was heavily laden with what tasted like a cream and cheese mixture. A bit excessive for my taste. The pizza crust lacked a flavorful crispness. And, the tiramisu left a bit to be desired. It seemed to be layered with a thick whipped cream, not mascarpone and the "lady fingers" were barely soaked and as a result were rather dry. All of this made for a bland flavor.

Service was a bit spotty and in fact we had to wait to drink our wine until they could get some wine glasses washed.

• Visited July 2014
Avon, Connecticut
“It is a small chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

It can get crowded on Friday and Saturday nights, but there is overflow parking within easy walking distance.

It is a pizza place, with good pizza. I enjoy their burgers, which they offer without buns for those of us on diets. This is a rare pizza place who can actually cook a medium rare burger (you have no idea how rare that is).

The desserts are large and fun. I often go for the carrot cake.

• Visited May 2014
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Consistently very good food.Just like First and Last in Hartford.Love the eggplant there,fresh and tasty

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Unexpected greatness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Service was quick and friendly, and the food was great. Great selection of Italian inspired cuisine. Great pizzas available in a few different sizes. I ordered the sweet pea pizza topped with peas; it was great. Pasta is homemade and fresh. Decent and reasonably priced wine and drink list.

Visited June 2014