“An Old Standby”

Good for: Child-friendly
Hartford, Connecticut
“An Old Standby”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

It's a good place to take kids to. The menu is pretty extensive and the food is pretty average.

Visited February 2012

CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kid friendly, dirty, slow service”
Reviewed 31 March 2010

You know Friendly's - simple inexpensive food. Friendly's in general are good, especially for families who don't want fast food, but this one is NOT one of their best ones. Skip this and go to the Friendly's in Unionville (part of Farmington) instead. The carry out ice cream is great - especially the kids cones are only a dollar.

1 Thank Fred_Flintstone_123
Collinsville, Connecticut
“Slow... always!”
Reviewed 12 March 2010

This Friendly's has a reputation for being slow. We live nearby and have young kids, so we do go here every now and then... But we know going into it, that the service is unbelievably slow. We NEVER go in if the kids are starving and want something quickly.
Otherwise... the food is typical of any Friendly's out there.

West Simsbury, Connecticut
“SLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW service”
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Painfully slow service, even when they're not busy. This place goes from really good to horrible. Very slow service, not particularly clean, imo.

CT
“Won't be back!”
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We recently had an experience at this particular restaurant that left a fowl taste and we doubt we will ever patronize this particular place again. After downloading from their websits a coupon for a free hot fudge sundae, my wife and I decided to treat ourselves after a long work week. When we arrived, a rather primitive black and white sign on the door said due to counterfeiting, they would not honor the coupons. Since I knew ours were from their official site and printed in color (if that mattered), I asked the hostess if these were acceptable and she said they were. After a typical average meal and the usual slow service, we ordered our free sundaes. The "head waitperson" came over to us and said the coupons were not legitimate and would not be honored. After a rather fruitless discussion, I asked to see the manager. If this gentleman is indicative of their training there is much to be desired in their customer service. He rather rudely and loudly indicated our coupons were counterfeit. By this time attention from other patrons was being directed our way. He parting words to us were that he would give us the ice cream but not to try this again!! We were humiliated and embarrassed but by this time there was no way I was not going to have my sundae and my last words to him was that he would be hearing from corporate as I intended to let them know of my experience. I emailed our experience and a few weeks later I received a letter of explanation and apology along with a ten dollar gift card so apparently they did investigate our situation. Needless to say it won't be used at his restaurant. In this economy, my wife and I were incredulous at the treatment we received. There are too many other restaurants similar to Friendly's that can have my business

2 Thank richb06092

Been to Friendly's? Share your experiences!