“Big price for an average budget hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alachua
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Because there were no rooms available in Gainsville, we kept going and stopped at the Quality Inn in Alachua. We needed a pet friendly room and they were no where near full so no problem, until we got to price. Because Gainsville was having a basketball tournament, Alachua decided to "cash in". No discounts of any kind would be applied, even though we are AARP and Choice Privileges members and each pet was an extra $25 (kids and drunks make bigger messes then pets do normally in my opinion so it is a scam to charge extra for small pets, although I'm willing to pay a reasonable rate for them, but $50 for two small pets?) . So total bill for one night was over $190 for a budget hotel in the middle of Florida. We were so tired we took it thinking maybe it would fill up later, but when we arose at 3:00 a.m. to leave, the lot was still half empty. I'm guessing later they probably applied discounts again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay, but we had forgotten that there was a deposit. So, when we were back on the road we called the front desk and they explained that they could mail it to us. Thank you to the staff at Quality Inn for a clean room, a friendly welcome, and not making us come back 300 miles.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Sorry for the late review, but had to hurry home for a funeral. But, I think some info on this place will be of value to anyone considering it.
Date of stay was January 28, 2013.
I was in Room 135. This is a 1st floor, 'park at the door' older place. Probably built as a Holiday Inn. Not a lot of improvements were evident.
The check-in person seemed to be sure of herself, but I found a lot of the info she spewed turned out to be wrong.
No lamp at the desk in the room. Had trouble getting an Internet signal and had to go to the lobby to do email.
The room door latch/chain was broken. Looked like they just ground it off rather than repair it. Door would have been easy to jimmy.
The breakfast bar was stingy at best. They must have been late getting danishes, as they cut them in half, and only had a few halves out even then. There was a sign saying 'No food to be taken out of the restaurant', which I found a little tacky, especially since there weren't many tables. And the food selection was poor compared to other Choice hotels.
I didn't note it until my Choice Rewards points didn't show on my account, but my statement ways 'this rate not eligible for partner rewards'. I had asked on check-in if I was getting points, as I used a coupon from one of the Florida hotel pamphlets. I was assured I would, but I am asking again. Why would she take my number if I wasn't eligible for points.
In the room, a couple of little issues. Namely, the levers on the sink were reversed from normal practice. And, the maid had not turned off the clock-radio alarm, which was set for about 4 am...rather annoying.
I found the room fairly clean, but was so tired by the time I arrived, that I really didn't look at it closely. The bathroom wasn't very clean.
The parking lot was pretty empty at 10 pm, which should have told me something about the place.

Room Tip: An empty parking lot is an indicator of a place in trouble.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2013

After driving until 1 a.m. in the morning, I need to get some sleep so I decided to stop at this filthy disgusting place! The sheets had the following: yellow stains, black stains and red stains. I brought my own blanket and slept in my clothes. Every hotel was booked, I had no other choice but to stay here. I honestly was better off sleeping in my car. The place was absolutley filthy. They didn't even bother to clean the bathroom. There was used soap left in the shower from a previous guest. The walls were super thin. The adjoining room door looked like someone could burst in at any moment.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Worst of all, BEDBUGS!!! Of course we didn't think to check the room prior to accepting it, who knew!? We had 2 rooms, my granddaughter broke out first. The management changed her room but her sister was bitten in that room. I was not bitten until the day after checking in, but I wonder if I brought them home because my rash is worsening. NO,DO NOT stay here. Small thing, but the towels were hard to come by and threadbare to boot.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE! After being reassured that the rooms were clean and newly renovated I woke in the middle of the night wheezing and the room had a significant amount of black mold along the ceiling. I reported them to the state which then investigated and confirmed the presence of black mold. Charged a lot for a room that compromises health and safety.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It looks like back to the past (instead of to the future...) Hotel has a "moldy" smell. As soon as I arrived a weird headache was felt. Mold anyone!!! Rooms are so outdated and to top it off, the price being paid its ridiculous... Complained to the front desk and the response was we have a odor fighter can we spray it??? Tried another room and it was worse... Complained to the choice corporate office. Will update later. Overall: Look for another place please.

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alachua
Best Western Gateway Grand
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
#14 of 46 in Gainesville
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!