“Surprisingly nice”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alachua
Oklahoma
“Surprisingly nice”
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This property is old but has recently been completely renovated. The rooms were very comfortable, everything smelled fresh and clean, and the staff were very helpful. The bed was great. Being located almost next to the interstate made it very convenient. The breakfast in the morning was hot and included eggs, waffles, and fresh fruit. The internet connection was good as well.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2009

The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful. I loved that there was a BBQ grill by the pool for my use.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Morgantown,WV
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I own a dive center in Morgantown WV and we sponsor dive trips to the springs in Fl several times a year. We have stayed at the Quality Inn down in Alachua for several years now because of the hospitality the staff shows us time and time again. I know with large groups coming in all at once it can be overwhelming to the staff and for them to handle all our needs in a timely mannor, but this staff goes above and beyond to help us with all situations. For example, we wanted to have a cookout for our clients and the hotel allowed us to use their facility to do so. We had everything but the utensils and instead of making us drive to purchase some the hotel fixed us up with utensils from their kitchen. That is just one of many things they do to make you feel welcome. They never fail to ask us how our diving went for the day when they see one of us walking through the lobby making us feel very important. I know they don't only do that for our diving groups but point being thats how the staff is and I really appreciate it. The only thing I miss at this particular location is the lounge they use to have at the hotel because it was such a nice way for us to complete the day of diving, but nonetheless they are a great group down at the Quality Inn Alachua, Fl..... Thanks again, see you soon Respectfully submitted, Steve Staggers Owner Mountaineer Scuba

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Miami
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Worst hotel stay. This should be named NO Quality Inn. We came in late and My parents wanted to stay at the Days Inn and I said Quality was better for which we went to this No Quality inn. The first room given was on the second floor and the sink was filthy. I mean I wouild not wash my mouth in such a thing. See attached Pictures. I showed front desk the picture and she changed me to the first floor. Before going to bed we noticed that our feet was filthy just going to the bathroom and to the bed. Not kidding this rug was filthy. I also have Pictures of rug and our feet. It was too late so we decided to stay and sleep. The next morning I saw the dine restaurant was burned down and I asked and it burned down over a year ago. I guess that explains the black filth on our feet. The breakfreast was somewhat OK but had an older man with mental disabilities on property and sat at out table and did not let us enjoy a peacefull family meal. This man was not a guest. We complained about the rooms and all they said was sorry even showing them the pictures. With such experience I should of got my money back. I must say we were happy to leave this place! I cannot belive quality Inn puts their name on such a poorly managed property.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SweetMiami

Travellers are raving about these Alachua hotels

alabama
Reviewed 20 July 2009

If you ever pass through and decide to stop at this quality inn , DON'T! The room I was a non smoking room which heavily smelled of smoke and wet dogs. There were roaches and mildew in the room after calling the front desk and telling them ALL the problems the lady said we would have to deal with it for the night and get maintainence or housekeeping to fix the problem in the morning. That was unexceptable so I walked down to the front office to see what else could be done , when I got there, the young lady that checked me in was accompanied by an indian woman which seemed to be the owner but wouldn't admit to it. The young lady was very nice and understanding and was going to give us another room but the woman kept telling her not to do that, that they would have to wait until the morning and the problems would be fixed. The rate that i was paying was entirely too high for something like that, so I asked for a refund and left! I wouldn't reccomend this hotel to ANYONE! In my opinion this hotel should be shut down.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2009

First off, not too many hotels in the area and this well may be the best in the area. Hotel was quiet and the pool was nice. Overall an OK value. Staff was great. Free breakfast was OK but not as good as e.g. Holiday Inn free breakfast. For what we needed it was OK, but I couldn't get over the rug. We had a water spill and when I grabbed a towel to wipe it up the towel came up black. I'm not talking a little bit, but really dark streaks. From that point on we all wore shoes 100% of the time and everything was up off the floor. Either I caught them like a year overdue to have the rug cleaned in that room, or, it had never been cleaned well.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
va
Reviewed 2 July 2009

This place did not provide extra paper or pen to write. The onwer always asking where are you going.Looking all the time at the breakfast lounge specially when you need to have a coffe or juice.You pay for the service does not mean you taking too much. Ina fact the week of my stay one once I have a breakfast. Running a hotel as a third country.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alachua
Best Western Gateway Grand
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville
Comfort Inn University
Comfort Inn University
#5 of 44 in Gainesville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!