“Wisdom”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alachua
Ayurveda Health Retreat
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The trip to Ayuverda Health Retreat did went beyond my expectations. I am awe and fell in love with their simple life, their discpline thoughts yet kind, spiritual and warmth and opening ur heart and life thru yoga, meditaton, singing and food.Richard and his staff welcomed me with such an open arms, delicious vegetarian food (loves all the soup) and I learned how to cook as well( very insightful). I am also amazed at the richness of wisdom, intellect and how grounded people there; the whole land of alachua is very grounding. I went there to relax but most importantly to observe, to learn, and to expand my wisdom of life and I received them all.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I enjoyed my 3 day visit so much I returned for a 10 day visit. Amazing food ( even the quinoa was not boring! ), very very helpful treatments and consultations, supportive and attentive staff and enjoyable guests in a homey environment. My life and my health are both greatly improved because of these two visits. Holistic approach and nurturing atmosphere .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan Z
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Once again, the Ayurvedic Health Retreat has exceeded my expectations. I have found this to be one of the most nurturing, peaceful and truly welcoming places around. Very warm and attentive staff, delicious food, peaceful surroundings and a feeling of calm. The services were relaxing, effective, and restorative. If you really need an escape, this is the place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mrsrTampa_FL
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I spent five days at the Ayurveda Center in April and found the experience to be life changing. The Panchakarma treatments, meals, yoga classes and staff exceeded my expectations. I left with a sense of balance and inner peace.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Laurie T
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I would recommend anyone wanting to get away to a peaceful and loving enviroment to learn about health, eat fabulous healthy food, be around loving and interesting people and rejuvenate,
Ayurvedic Retreat is the place to go. The treaments during my 5 day stay Panchakarma were fantastic and the recommendations from Richard have really worked.
Yoga was also great. I will definately go back there.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I highly recommend this Ayurvedic Retreat, from the expert consultation in Ayurvedic lifestyle by Richard to the fun staff to the excellent vegetarian cuisine (chef prepared) and the expert Ayurvedic treatments provided by the therapists nothing short of outstanding. A must do for anyone wishing to gain insight and inner peace. Namaste. Karen

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Laddramsey
Reviewed 22 February 2013

After several Seizures I had in January 2013, and after receiving ZERO help from our glorious medical system (even though I have excellent health insurance), I decided to seek help elsewhere. I came across this Ayurveda Health Retreat and booked a 10-day 'Panchakarma' treatment there.
Upon arrival, I was picked up from Gainesville Airport by Richard personally, and driven to the retreat in Alachua - a short 20 minute drive.
The retreat is located in a very peaceful setting and I felt at home and warmly welcomed right away. The entire Staff LIVES this Ayurveda life- style; it is NOT a 9-5 job for any of them. One notices this right away.
Richard 'analyzed' me with a short pulse reading and instantly knew what my deficits were - he was spot-on with everything he said about me; simply amazing!
He made out a treatment plan specifically for me and my needs and the therapy began the same afternoon. Everyone working there was completely there for me and everyone genuinely cared about me - it brings tears to my eyes just thinking of this. I was treated by several 'therapists' on a daily basis with a love and care that I have not come across anywhere else in the World!
Having been a 'meat-eater' for my entire life I had initial worries that the vegetarian food would not be along my taste-buds....but I was extremely pleasantly surprised at the taste! It was amazing! Everything they prepared was fresh, organic and tasted extremely good! - Again, I was an almost pure 'meat-eater' as I never cared much about vegetables and the likes. Make a long story short: I have now become 100% vegetarian and will keep this up! I joined a few cooking classes that are offered there and am now able to cook my own, tasty vegetarian dishes, which, by the way, are a treat to my wife who has been a vegetarian all her life! :)
The real 'breakthrough' came after 2 days - I slept much better, I could taste the goodness of the food, I got back in touch with myself and made some important decisions for my future life.
The 10 day treatment put me back in balance with myself - I was a nervous wreck when I arrived and I left there grounded and balanced. My wife asked me: 'Who are you?" after driving with me - I used to get very easily antagonized by other drives (one might even call it 'road-rage'); this has disappeared completely. I am balanced, patient and much more tolerant about other people's driving 'mistakes' now; regardless of how they drive. I must mention this explicitly, as this is a DRAMATIC change within me for which I am very, very grateful!
I have found back to my essence and will definitely send my wife and my daughter there in the near future. Needless to say, that I myself will return here in the near future.
My special thanks go out to:
Yancarlo - our talks and discussions brought out the best in me! You are amazing and I am grateful for the friendship that we have developed in that short time! Thank you also for sharing a few cooking secrets with me! :)
Anna - blessings to you and everything you did for me. The loving treatments I received from you cured my central nervous system and balanced my body!
Malika - Thank you for your loving and curing touch which cleansed my body and brought me back to what I am now. Bless you and your family!
James - I thank you as well for what you did for me while I was there. One can easily see how much dedication and love you put into your healing work there!
Greg - the most amazing cook I have met! You simply rock, Greg! Thank you for the delicious and healthy meals you gave me day after day! I have taken much if this with me!
Last but not least - Richard:
I thank you for EVERYTHING! Without you, all this would not have been possible....Love and light to you!

I HIGHLY recommend this Retreat to ANYONE!

Room Tip: Any room is great here!