“Lunch with the girls”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Florida and Oklahoma
“Lunch with the girls”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Surprisingly difficult to find a close parking space. Connected to Altamonte Mall which has lots of business. We get there about 11:30 to beat the lunch crowd. Brisk business at noon. Grab a booth by the window into the mall. We thought it was quieter on our first visit but last visit we could hear conversations from somewhere. New lunch menu starts at $5.50 and we loved the PacificRim Tacos. Not only for the tacos (two tiny chucken tacos) but the salad and the chips. Best chips anywhere, freshly cooked. We also loved the parmesan green beans appetizer. The senior card is not valid at lunch (boo-hoo) and only one offer per table. They send out a lot of coupons so you have to choose which offer you want to accept. Excellent service. Music a little loud, that's why we choose the booth by the windows.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Okiegirls

Montague, New Jersey
“Ok place to eat”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The food was good and the waitress was very friendly. The resturaunt is connected to the mall. Did get a lot of people passing thru just to exit the mall.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rockchef1
Casselberry
“Don't expect anything right at Elephant Bar”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

All I ask for was NO peppers of any sort or tomatoes on my lunch...I was served a lunch covered in red peppers.

Elephant Bar use to be Great and I ate here frequently.... now if boyfriend says lets go to Elephant Bar I nearly die and try to get him to go somewhere else in Orlando.

Kitchen has screwed up 4 out of the last 5 times I have eaten here. Yes they offer to replace the meal but that does not matter when you are on a time crunch.

If you want it right go to Bahama Breeze. You might have to wait but your meal will be right at Bahama Breeze.

Corporate needs to investigate the location and fire the kitchen who can't read a ticket and a food runner delivers the food instead of the wait person who might catch a mistake that could kill someone. They take off the peanut sauce that can make some people sick, it is not only peanuts people are allergic to they also are allergic to peppers and tomatoes but the kitchen continues to put these items on order no matter how many times you ask not to.

STAY away unless you do not care about your life.

• Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Lunch 2/5/14”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice restaurant, and comfortable for a woman alone to sit in. Had the lunch salmon and a salad, all of which were very good. champagne was ver good too! Would come often if I didn't live in Oregon.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Susan D
“Don't waste your time or your money”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I had always been curious about Elephant Bar, I often see coupons in the local newspaper for it. So I decided to stop in for lunch one day since I was in the area. While I was promptly seated I had to wait over 7 minutes (timed) before anyone would acknowledge my presence and take my drink order. The server returned fairly quickly, took my order and promptly disappeared. After a wait of over 15 minutes ( still no salad) the manager walked over and asked how things were and I told him it could be better, that I waited 7 minutes for my drink order and I was going on 15 minutes with no salad - or entree. (The restaurant was less than 1/3 occupied so they weren't slammed). To the manager's credit he said he would look into it. Another 5-7 minutes and my garden salad came. Don't bother with the walnut cider dressing. Until now I have never had an absolutely flavorless dressing, but it was. My entree came as I was halfway thru the salad ( a pet peeve). I had ordered the lunch signature chicken teriyaki and BBQ shrimp skewers. The shrimp were underdone and the BBQ sauce flavorless, for a "signature" dish the chicken was nothing more than nuggets with a little brown flavorless sauce masquerading as teriyaki, and the brown rice was not crunchy but clearly underdone. The veggies were overdone and - wait for it- flavorless. Are you noticing a theme here folks? All in all an extremely disappointing visit and I won't be back.

1 Thank Flknitchik