“Stay elsewhere”

America's Best Inns Altamonte Springs/Orlando
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
“Stay elsewhere”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This place was good when it was a Quality Inn but since the change the only thing good is the staff. They are nice & try to do what they can. The rooms are dirty, we dealt with having to chase down & kill 3 humongous roaches until 2 in the morning. The initial room we were given had small bugs crawling everywhere. The fridge and phone didn't work the entire stay. It was the worst place I have ever stayed in my life.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank JJ224

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This hotel undoubtedly is the worst hotel there is. If location is the only thing you look for when staying at a hotel well good. On the other hand, me and boyfriend were supposed to stay in a confortable relaxing hotel from Friday May 24 - Monday May 28th, what a huge dissappointment. We were supposed to be in a non-smoking room, that room was anything but non-smoking. The light fixture by the bathroom was barely lighted. The carpet was filthy. In the middle of the night my boyfriend jumps out of bed as the result of BED BUGS. He was bitten practically everywhere. We went to the management office and were given keys to another room, already occupied. Back again to the management office, given another room, looks better, and smells better. Looks can truly be deceiving. Wake up again, bed bugs. Off to the management office once again, this time to check out. We couldn't call Expedia fast enough. Sadly to say, our fun in the sun was shortened, had to go the the local drug store for Benadril. Thanks for ruing our vacation America's Best (WORST) Inns.

Room Tip: The Howard Johnsons across the road was great!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank nicegrl1
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 24 May 2012

First of all, when starting out to write this review, TripAdvisor gave me the choice of giving the hotel a rating from 1 to 5 (5 being best). I chose #1 because I didn't have the option to choose zero, which would still have been too generous.

I booked this hotel through Expedia/AARP as part of a package. Upon check-in, it was immediately obvious that I'd made a mistake selecting this hotel. I headed upstairs to my room and when I opened the door I couldn't believe my eyes. There were dead bugs in the light fixtures, the lampshades were broken, the safety latch on the front door was damaged/loose as if somebody had kicked in the door, the shower was filthy and damaged, and there was a wadded-up paper napkin (or what I assume was a napkin) jammed into the peephole in the front door. That's more than I needed to see. I headed straight over to the Hampton Inn and booked a room, then headed back to America's Best and checked out. Though I was in possession of the room for no more than an hour, I was charged for one night.

I guess I should have realized what I was in for when I read the "Guest Safety Tips" printed on the envelope for my room key. Here's what it says: "Always use deadbolt. Secure valuables. Report suspicious persons or acts. Never open door prior to verifying ID." How comforting! I half expected to see the chalk outline of a dead body on the floor of the room.

Don't ever, ever book a room in this hotel. Rubbing salt into the wound, Expedia and AARP were less than interested in my experience, so I'll not be using those services again. Too many choices out there to put up with that crud.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank James M
Seaford, Delaware
Reviewed 22 May 2012

There is no lobby, you enter your room from the street, beer cans, trash around the pool. There was a bug on the wall. Dirty. We checked in and checked out immediately. They charged us for one night. Made the reservation through AARP travel - what a mistake!!!

Room Tip: Don't even consider staying at this hotel - AVOID
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Diane K
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We booked 1 night here before flying home from Sanford Airport. Okay, it was cheap ($35 for a 2 double bed room), but the room didn't smell good, there was a hole in the ceiling and it was quite dark and depressing (to be fair the sheets on the beds were clean and the bathroom was just about average). We decided to spend some time by the pool which was alright, even though every sunbed was damaged.

The hotel is convenient for the airport and close to several restaurants. But it has definitely seen better days (about 30 years ago?). The overall impression is not good, and the next morning we skipped the free breakfast as we didn't want to eat any food that had been prepared there.

There is a Howard Johnson hotel across the road and we wished we had spent a bit more and stayed there, as we had a rather gloomy end to our holiday at 'America's Best'. I honestly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Linda1906
Montreal Area
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Their pricing is reasonable and the accommodations are clean and quite adequate for our needs. This motel compares very favorably with many other motels that we or I have used across the US.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dedecaster
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We were in town for our nephews birthday we checked in, and checked right back out... the location in in the Middle of nowhere every dirty bad area!!!!! The rooms were old and smelled of mild, no shower curtain beg bugs, I wouldn't recommended this place to anyone stay away!!!!!!!!! They wouldn't even refund our money the worst hotel ever!!!!

• Stayed April 2012