“BIG rooms - SMALL price!”

Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I agree with most of the reviews on here. Property is a but older, but well maintained and awesome if you need a lot of space! We had the 2 bedroom (one is an open loft) 2 bathroom. 2 kind beds and a queen pull out couch. 3 tvs' full kitchen, breakfast bar area, fireplace. Just a lot of room to spread out. Lower level bedroom is huge with a desk, upstairs bathroom has toilet and shower in a separate room from the sink - makes getting ready with 2 people a breeze. My family of 6 would fair well in these units. Grounds are well maintained with good lighting. Hotel is a "townhouse" style set up. With 2 bedroom units only available upstairs. Pool and courtyard areas for group relaxing and an above average free breakfast offering. Happy hour Mon-Thurs with drinks and snacks. Just off I-4 - we were about 10 minutes north of Downtown Orlando. about 30 minutes to Disney - without traffic. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms only available upstairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jeff I, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate your feedback. Hope you come back to the area soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this property for a night away and we were pleasantly surprised. It is an older property, but don't let that fool you. The rooms were spotless and well cared for. The staff was friendly and the price was great. This will definitely be our place to stay for our night out from now on. Good job guys!

Stayed: November 2013
Jeff I, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to having you back with us again on your next trip.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have stayed at this Residence Inn in the past, and a recent visit confirmed our feelings that this is the best hotel deal in the Winter Park area. It is clean, well kempt, convenient to I-4, and comfortable. A bit hard to locate behind some other businesses on the first street West of the I-4 interchange, but not really a problem. If you are going North (East) on I-4, be ready to make a quick Right after you get off the Interstate.

Our room on this visit (early November 2013) even had a wood-burning fireplace for those cold Winter evenings. And don't kid yourselves, we get really cold Winter evenings in Central Florida, so a wood fire would be really cozy. I think you can buy bags of logs at the nearby supermarket, enough for one evening.

Even the TV worked correctly, not something we can say about some motels we have stayed at in the recent past. And the HVAC was not one of those bottom-of-the-line units we associate with Comfort Inns. It worked the way a hotel HVAC system is supposed to work. What more can we say.

A complete kitchen, with full-sized stove and fridge. The shop in the lobby has plenty of frozen dinner choices if you get in late and are too tired to go out.

BUT, there is a really good Italian just around the corner, Silvano's, which is within easy walking distance. Or there is a good Indian restaurant next door to that one.

The staff were invariably friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was ample and fine for a motel free breakfast (what more can one say?) No complaints.

And the price was much lower than similar places - very competitive.

We recommend this place to anyone seeking lodging in the North Orlando area.

Room Tip: This is a two-story Residence Inn, and we asked for and received a ground floor unit in honor of our...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you again for staying with us. We really appreciate your comments and look forward to providing you great service on your future stays.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Friendly check in. Front desk, reception and dining area are old in poor condition and not an area were we thought we would enjoy breakfast. Wanted cup of coffee but there was none. Got key went to room. Room was sort of clean but no better shape than lobby. Two large air conditioners outside of bed room window. Lots of noise. Sign on wall advising of minimal hot water. This hotel is not of Marriott quality so we returned and immediately checked out and moved next door to Springhill.

Room Tip: Stay next door and Springhill
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks you very much for your feedback. We are always striving to improve, so we appreciate comments such as yours. I apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. While we do agree that our sister property is quite good, but we do hope you do give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Our stay at the Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs was great. The daily breakfast buffet consisted of something for everybody, from oatmeal to Belgian waffles to scarmbled eggs to biscuits and gravy. No stingy "continental" breakfast here.

Pretty much everything was top notch--not "hotsy totsy", just good quality. The rooms and grounds were clean and well maintained. The personnel were helpful and friendly. Little touches I enjoyed were plentiful, fresh walnuts to put into my oatmeal and on top of my waffle and twenty-four hour coffee availablility at the clubhouse.

They were nice enough to let us check into our room a couple of hours early. When we checked out, I stopped to take a few photos of the dining area and chatted with Maria, the on duty attendee for that morning's breakfast. Maria was feeling sad because she was moving to another Mariott property to work, after being at the Residence Inn Orlando Altamonte Springs for nine years. We talked about what a nice place the Residence Inn is and I assured her that any Mariott property would probably be great but I think she was really going to miss the people.

Janet helped us check out. When I mentioned that I was going to do a write up for tripadvisor.com, Janet reached into the front desk drawer and got me a tripadvisor.com business card which listed the information I could use to contact tripadvisor.com. That was more evidence that Mariott is proud of this property and rightfully so. We will definitely recommend this place to others and hopefully return when we are in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DKRHCPAFPRESIDENT
Reviewed 26 October 2013

not the usual RI. Individual buildings set up more like vacation condos. If you're handicapped, make sure you get a ground floor unit....no elevators. Very efficient, friendly staff, especially at breakfast bar. Not a quiet location, but that's typical for Orlando.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandi s
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I were visiting family in the area. Our's was very much like a studio one bedroom condo with all the features you would expect. Full kitchen, separate bed and family room area. Good high speed internet, great curbside parking. The free breakfast was over the top good with lots of hot choices and healthy choices. We didn't use the pool but walked past it several times on our way to the lobby and it seemed nice and functional but not set apart and nicely landscaped as some are. There was a grill and a team of little league boys and their families were making good use of it. The grounds were immaculate and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and working as you would expect. The location was very convenient to major roads 417 I think and it is at a light so easy to get in and out. Plenty of shopping, restaurants and bars close as well. Overall a very nice place to stay, we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple