“Excellent Place to Stay”

Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Altamonte Springs
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Hotel was very clean, gym had excellent equipment and service was wonderful. Security was excellent and it was a good spot for a single traveler. Breakfast service was good and Hilton breakfast during the week was wonderful. Air conditioning was a bit noisy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nancygemini
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for the comments concerning your stay. We apologize for the noisy AC unit. I will share your comments with the maintenance staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Colleagues of mine who have been working on a special project online had the opportunity to meet face-to-face at the Hilton Orlando Altamonte Springs. The staff at the hotel went above and beyond to be make our stay at the hotel a pleasant experience. They were very accommodating and went out of their way to make the meeting a success. We also stayed overnight at the hotel. The guest rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The Internet had adequate speed. I really enjoyed the toiletries that were available. If I had one complaint, it would be that the breakfast was not free unless you were a Hilton gold member. Otherwise it was a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Norma J

We hope you reach Gold status soon were you will be able to all the amenities afforded to Gold members. I was pleased to read that the stay went above your expectations and that your meeting was a complete success. We hope to be able to host your future meetings.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Well staffed and Maintained. Went for soccer a soccer tournament- Was able to check-in early even though the Hotel was fully booked. The front desk was fast and helpful. I needed to get something from a sporting goods store - they printed me a map of the closest sports authority before I even asked for directions. The room was very clean and well appointed. I was supprised at the low cost of the room based on the fact that I booked the last room available and evey hotel was booked. I think this is a solid place to stay - I only wish we stayed more days as it looked to be full service, but we where at the fields more than the Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Craig Z

We were happy to read that the low cost of the room was just one of the benefits that added to a great experience at our hotel. We hope the soccer tournament went as well as your stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I would give anything to see the expression on my face as I walked into the hotel and saw the lobby overrun with children! The young lady behind the desk was on the phone and made no effort to greet me. She looked like she was concentrating very hard just to hear the person on the other end of that call with all the shouting and laughing from the children in the background. She finally asked for my name, ID, and form of payment. I asked her why there were so many children at the hotel to which she replied there was a soccer tournament and that the children have been at the hotel for a few short days. It brought back memories of my hotel adventures as a kid. I loved staying at hotels but I never ran amuck the way these kids did. I noticed the majority of the adults in the lobby were enjoying a glass of wine or drink of choice and honestly, I couldnt blame them.
The children proceeded to run up and down the halls and in and out of the elevators as I made my way to my room. The room was clean and spacious, minus a noticeable dark stained spot on the floor near the room entryway. The bathroom was a tad cramped and the towels have a dingy look to them. Even at 11pm I could hear children running up and down the halls, shouting and giggling. I left the hotel for a late evening to meet with family and upon my very late night/early morning return, I noticed all was quiet. Well, I guess the batteries finally died out in those kiddos! I awoke to housekeeping knocking on my door at 9am. Although I told them I would need another hour, they continued to knock on my door in intervals of 10 mins. I felt so rushed!!! And if I didnt respond in time to their knocking, they would walk right in!!
I was confused by Breakfast. I asked the front desk where it would be hosted and the front desk pointed to cool beans. I thought breakfast was complimentary?? I ended up paying for breakfast :( but I must comment that the breakfast items from cool beans were satisfying.
Overall, this hotel presents itself beautifully, however the service is a tad off in regards to attention and response. I understand the stressful situation of children taking over but It still would have been nice to see a smile...or be acknowledged for other than my form of payment...or being rushed out of my room by housekeepers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SeoulSearch

Busy, Busy is good but is no excuse not to have exceeded your expectations in service. We apologize for poor experience and hope that you would afford us another visit to prove that we are capable of delivering a better more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stained carpets in room (some deep red - hopefully not blood), thread worn furniture, noisy HVAC, rusty and corroded bathroom hardware. Do not put yourself through this experience, regardless of the price. The entire hotel needs refurbishment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for the unpleasant guest room conditions. We are working with our housekeeping and facilities teams to ensure each guest room is fully ready for guests prior to their arrival-with our high standards in mind. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and please feel free to email us directly if you have any additional comments or concerns.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

When I checked into the room after a 10 hour drive, I showered and took a nap. When I woke up, I saw a single ant, but ignored it. I went to dinner, came back and called it a night. Around 4:20am I woke up covered in ants! I called the front desk for assistance and they said that they'd move me, but half an hour later still nothing. So I went across the hall in a travel companions room for the remainder of the night! This was by far the worst experience ever! I was in room 546 on 04/28/2014. When I checked out the next day, I reminded the front desk about the ants and they same gentleman who I had spoke to on the phone only replied, "Ok." I took pictures that I am emailing to corporate with a formal complaint as well. I was hoping that they would at least refund me the cost of the room, but 2 weeks later, still nothing. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
FCirrincione, General Manager at Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We appreciate your feedback and that you quickly alerted us about the ant problem. We regret that your concerns were not addressed sooner and assure you that we're working diligently with a pest control company to rectify any situation. We will be following up with you shortly to alleviate some of your concerns and apologize for your experience.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel has been around for quite awhile. Seems that the lobby has been renovated. The room was clean however the only thing I could say was not to my liking was that the bathroom was too small. It was hard to maneuver around. But the service, bar and food made up for this all. I was treated like a vip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank krp87b

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Service delivery is very important to us and I was happy to read that you received VIP treatment. We hope to see you again in the near future.